Reality check

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CamberleyBlade

Reaction score
Can't believe the reaction of some fans questioning Wilder and suggesting that he would need to go if we are still struggling by Xmas etc.
Facts are that he brought a team up from League 1 with minimal investment and one of the lowest wage bills in the league. Last year he surpassed everyone's expectations, with a tiny wage bill and little investment (£20m players are not considered expensive in this league - it is 2020 remember), and did more for this club than almost anyone before him - changing perceptions of us that have existed since the days of Bassett and Warnock.
Regardless of how much we love most of the players who have contributed to this meteoric rise, the bare facts are NONE of them would make it into the squads of any of the top 10, or even top 16 clubs in the league. We do not have the funds or the wage structure to compete for the kinds of players we really need to improve us further.
Wilder is still delivering more from this squad than anyone else could and any fan questioning him at this point, need a major reality check.

We’ve lost the last 6 in a row. Unfortunately you have to question that in modern day football. This run could easily go on too.

Yes there’s been bad luck within that but it’s not good.

It’s Wilders team front to back now. So he has to take some of the blame, even though he’s out best manager of the past few decades.

Bottom line is no matter how you dress it up is that our transfer business hasn’t been outstanding at all.
What ever money we had to spend this window should of been spent at the top of the pitch yes we needed our own keeper ,but we were crying out for 2 strikers or some sort of creative player. Did we need to spend 10 or 15 million on two players to sit in the bench? Yes the squad has improved but we needed players who are going to start for the here and now.

who has said he has to go if we're struggling by Xmas?

who has said he has to go if we're struggling by Xmas?

At lot of negative posters do seem to make a point of saying “I don’t want him to go but.....”

I reckon there are many that want him out but either don’t want to admit to themselves or won’t admit it on here due to the abuse they will get.

At lot of negative posters do seem to make a point of saying “I don’t want him to go but.....”

I reckon there are many that want him out but either don’t want to admit to themselves or won’t admit it on here due to the abuse they will get.

Or you really are in that much of a minority. There was a poll a few week ago, think the results are anonymous, and it put this matter to bed really.

Or you really are in that much of a minority. There was a poll a few week ago, think the results are anonymous, and it put this matter to bed really.

I’m not Wilder out yet, I’m still hoping he can turn things around. Beat West Brom and it could be the start of a run of results, that’s my hope anyway.

Most fans don't want him to go but can acknowledge the way modern football works - the fans may not want rid of him but it's not our choice. If the powers aren't seeing results and numbers then they are likely to bring in someone who can produce them, that's where the 'but' comes in

I do wonder about the "if we lose to..." "if we're in x come x" hypothetical posts. Seems entirely pointless.

I’m not Wilder out yet, I’m still hoping he can turn things around. Beat West Brom and it could be the start of a run of results, that’s my hope anyway.
I can see us beating WBA, but then not getting any more points until we play them again in February! 🤨

There’s a difference between wanting Wilder to go and wanting Wilder to shoulder some of the blame.

Its clear in his post match interviews that he’s struggling too with every loss and that energy, passion and never say die attitude is absent. If he is this way then it will have an impact on the players too and the belief will drop as we’ve seen.

He shouldn’t go in my opinion, but he isn’t blameless in the current run. Pointing that out isn’t therefore an indication that he should be fired.

I think we should keep Wilder like I’ve said previous you don’t become a bad manager after 1 season he is a good manager that understands the club and city and like Norwich did with Farke if they take a set back he should have the capability to regroup people will say Farke had no money in comparison but Norwich’s team was better on paper pre promotion we literally had to spend and like I always say it’s wages more than anything only thing Wilder lacked was experience in PL and the foreign market but I would think the last 2 seasons are a massive learning curve for him not helped with covid for obvious reasons as well

I think we should keep Wilder like I’ve said previous you don’t become a bad manager after 1 season he is a good manager that understands the club and city and like Norwich did with Farke if they take a set back he should have the capability to regroup people will say Farke had no money in comparison but Norwich’s team was better on paper pre promotion we literally had to spend and like I always say it’s wages more than anything only thing Wilder lacked was experience in PL and the foreign market but I would think the last 2 seasons are a massive learning curve for him not helped with covid for obvious reasons as well

There is no exact formula for these things, for every Dyche and Parker who got there teams back up there is a Karanka at Boro and Moore at West Brom that failed following relegation. It will depend on the nature of the relegation, if we struggle with under 20 points, it will be difficult to see Wilder staying in my view.

There is no exact formula for these things, for every Dyche and Parker who got there teams back up there is a Karanka at Boro and Moore at West Brom that failed following relegation. It will depend on the nature of the relegation, if we struggle with under 20 points, it will be difficult to see Wilder staying in my view
My opinion I think he’d be good enough to get us top 6 championship if we went down and I doubt we’d lose too many players of course it could go one way or the other like you say it’s just hindsight based opinions but I don’t see another manager doing any better and been as hungry for the club as him I do agree though if it’s bleak come xmas no doubt he’ll be in the firing line as some fans are losing patience

My opinion I think he’d be good enough to get us top 6 championship if we went down and I doubt we’d lose too many players of course it could go one way or the other like you say it’s just hindsight based opinions but I don’t see another manager doing any better and been as hungry for the club as him I do agree though if it’s bleak come xmas no doubt he’ll be in the firing line as some fans are losing patience

Again, who knows where we will be come the end of the season (hopefully still in the Premier League!!), but if we go down, Wilder might not even want to stay on? He's not had a break from management for 12 years now, maybe he'll fancy taking a year off?

Again, who knows where we will be come the end of the season (hopefully still in the Premier League!!), but if we go down, Wilder might not even want to stay on? He's not had a break from management for 12 years now, maybe he'll fancy taking a year off?
Yeah there’s lots of possibilities I’m speaking as in Wilder doesn’t walk obviously but yeah fair point 👍🏻

I do wonder about the "if we lose to..." "if we're in x come x" hypothetical posts. Seems entirely pointless.

indeed it is pointless and well done for calling it out.

These posters have a right to post though - makes some of us ask the reason why - whether it's Blades or not, it is possibly agenda driven and certainly troll driven.

It is certainly noticeable how many old and established posters are taking a rest.

UTB

Can't believe the reaction of some fans questioning Wilder and suggesting that he would need to go if we are still struggling by Xmas etc.
Facts are that he brought a team up from League 1 with minimal investment and one of the lowest wage bills in the league. Last year he surpassed everyone's expectations, with a tiny wage bill and little investment (£20m players are not considered expensive in this league - it is 2020 remember), and did more for this club than almost anyone before him - changing perceptions of us that have existed since the days of Bassett and Warnock.
Regardless of how much we love most of the players who have contributed to this meteoric rise, the bare facts are NONE of them would make it into the squads of any of the top 10, or even top 16 clubs in the league. We do not have the funds or the wage structure to compete for the kinds of players we really need to improve us further.
Wilder is still delivering more from this squad than anyone else could and any fan questioning him at this point, need a major reality check.
Bump...

Keep bumping this thread, we need to stay strong behind wilder and knill regardless...

He's the best for us now, next season, and the ones to come, nobody out there could have done what he's done here, let's not let Premier league status and it's fucking rubbish VAR and Hawkeye dictate that we lose the best manager I've ever seen in 35 years watching united..

If need be, let's go down with Wilder, be a top 6 championship club with Wilder, and go back up eventually with Wilder... Show some fucking guts and think more long term, the wilder must go posts are from pig infiltrators.. End of.

Time to show them cunts over the road what blades are really made of... Stronger stuff than those who sack managers like its going out of fashion. Let's not fall into the Wendy trap..

10 more years for wilder regardless... We lose him, it all falls apart. Trust me...

Great post above Tezza but there's alot of hypotheticals from both sides.
Let's hope we get something from WBA. Even a point. So we have something to build from.
We all hope that CW can turn it around. On both sides of the discussion. Let's also hope that CW has the stomach for the fight as it's seems to be lacking from him at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom