Realistic XI for next season.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Georgebld89

Reaction score
Hey guys, new poster on here, so take it easy on me.

I’m curios to everyone’s “realistic XI” for next season. Obviously we all want Messi and Ronaldo, but obviously there not British or Irish.

My XI would be as follows;

GK - Deano
RWB- Baldock
RCB- Mings
CB- Egan
LCB- JOC
LWB - Stevens

CM- Norwood
CM- Fleck

CAM- Snodgrass

ST- Che Adams
ST- Solomon Rondon

Obviously there’s a couple of ambitious ones in there such as Rondon, and I think the CAM position might be sacrificed for another CM to pack out the midfield.

I’m curios to everyone’s “realistic XI” for next season. Obviously we all want Messi and Ronaldo, but obviously there not British or Irish.

GK - Deano
RWB- Baldock
RCB- Mings
CB- Egan
LCB- JOC
LWB - Stevens

CM- Norwood
CM- Fleck

CAM- Snodgrass

ST- Che Adams
ST- Solomon Rondon

Obviously there’s a couple of ambitious ones in there such as Rondon, and I think the CAM position might be sacrificed for another CM to pack out the midfield.
I got to RCB, isn't Ming's left footed?

GK - Deano
RWB- Baldock
RCB- Mings
CB- Egan
LCB- JOC
LWB - Stevens

CM- Norwood
CM- Fleck

CAM- Snodgrass

ST- Che Adams
ST- Solomon Rondon

It’s hard to be easy on you , are you deluded that team wouldn’t cost the best part of 50 million and we’ve only got tuppence ha'penny you should know that, everyone here says so.

Wrong thread I'm afraid - should have been under 'Unrealistic XI for Next Season'.

All the proposed new additions will be out of Utd's range due to fee and/or salary demands. The other 5 (+ Henderson) have more of a chance :)

Would do for me! :oops:

Has Wilder suddenly got £60m to spend?! Snodgrass would cost what? £15m? Che Adams £20m? Rondon £20-25m?

Oh and Mings is left footed. More chance of me being cast as the next James Bond. Hope you’re right all the same.

——————Henderson—————
——Basham——Egan——JOC——
Valencia—————————Stevens
————Norwood— Fleck————
—————— Mount ——————
——McGoldrick——McBurnie ——

Hendo
Bash egan JOC
Patterson Norwood fleck enda
Joe Allen
Rodriguez Mcgoldrick

Bench
Moore
Callum O'dowda ?
Sharp
Jacob Murphy?
Baldock
Dowell
Madine

Well as it stands, a starting 11 for next season is:

Moore
Baldock
Stevens
Basham
Egan
O'Connell
Norwood
Fleck
Duffy
Sharp
McGoldrick

Im open to changing it as we go along until the transfer window closes. But as it is at the moment, this is our best side. Anything else is just pure conjecture until something concrete happens.

Moore
Baldock
Stevens
Basham
Egan
O'Connell
Norwood
Fleck
Duffy
Sharp
McGoldrick

Im open to changing it as we go along until the transfer window closes. But as it is at the moment, this is our best side. Anything else is just pure conjecture until something concrete happens.
And relegation

I reckon:

Henderson
Basham Egan O'Connell
Baldock Norwood Fleck Stevens
Duffy
Sharp McGoldrick

Get Hendo back in and isn't this the best or 2nd best defence in the Championship?

Didn't Sharp and McGoldrick notch 38 between them, the best of any strike pairing?

Hasn't Coutts just described Fleck as the best he's ever played with?

Leaves Ollie and Duff who have both been excellent for us.

Before we start worrying about new players we shouldn't forget we have some very good ones already who have a very good way of playing.

They need reenforcements because we lost the loanees and we release a few but our XI is a very decent one.

I reckon:

Henderson
Basham Egan O'Connell
Duffy
Sharp McGoldrick

Get Hendo back in and isn't this the best or 2nd best defence in the Championship?

Didn't Sharp and McGoldrick notch 38 between them, the best of any strike pairing?

Hasn't Coutts just described Fleck as the best he's ever played with?

Leaves Ollie and Duff who have both been excellent for us.

Before we start worrying about new players we shouldn't forget we have some very good ones already who have a very good way of playing.

They need reenforcements because we lost the loanees and we release a few but our XI is a very decent one.
Bash,Baldock,Norwood,Duffy,Sharp all been written off by the experts on this forum

And relegation

Not at all saying that the team doesnt need improving to survive. It does. But i cant see the point in naming a side on who we might or might not sign. Its pure fantasy. I might as well pick a side with Messi and Ronaldo in the team on the basis that hypothetically we could sign them both. Perhaps im just being grumpy this morning. If other people want to name their side for next season based on fantasy then crack on for me.

GK - Deano
RWB- Baldock
RCB- Mings
CB- Egan
LCB- JOC
LWB - Stevens

CM- Norwood
CM- Fleck

CAM- Snodgrass

ST- Che Adams
ST- Solomon Rondon

Leaving aside the impossibility of buying the above I'm disturbed by the inexcusable use of the word there as opposed to they're.
Cancel your membership, rejoin with a different username and try again.
Maybe something unambitious and only containing small words. :rolleyes::shark:

——————Moore—————
——Basham——Egan——JOC——
Baldock—————————Stevens
————Norwood— Fleck————
—————— Duffy ——————
——McGoldrick——Sharp ——

——————Moore—————
——Basham——Egan——JOC——
Baldock—————————Stevens
————Norwood— Fleck————
—————— Duffy ——————
——McGoldrick——Sharp ——
I think Hendo's a 'done deal' what with Wilder's trip to OT.
We really do need a bit more strengthening down that right side, I'm going to take the plunge and suggest one of Mitchell's famous 'blind side' signings.
And maybe Adam's up top will be the marquee signing and could still start on the bench!

I think Hendo's a 'done deal' what with Wilder's trip to OT.
We really do need a bit more strengthening down that right side, I'm going to take the plunge and suggest one of Mitchell's famous 'blind side' signings.
And maybe Adam's up top will be the marquee signing and could still start on the bench!
I know this is Big Sam talking but i think its good advice,regarding bold start and signings.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sam-allardyce-tells-premier-league-16525498

Not at all saying that the team doesnt need improving to survive. It does. But i cant see the point in naming a side on who we might or might not sign. Its pure fantasy. I might as well pick a side with Messi and Ronaldo in the team on the basis that hypothetically we could sign them both. Perhaps im just being grumpy this morning. If other people want to name their side for next season based on fantasy then crack on for me.

All I can say is I’d love to one day see Utd splash the cash on some real talent and make their stay in the Prem permanent.

Ok I’ll play.....

Henderson
Basham Egan O’Connell
Valencia Brownhill Norwood Fleck Stevens
McGoldrick
Assombalonga

I’ll do the subs as well:-

Moore, Stearman, Baldock, O’Dowda, Palmer, Robinson, Sharp​

Moore
Baldock
Stevens
Basham
Egan
O'Connell
Norwood
Fleck
Duffy
Sharp
McGoldrick

I think Henderson will be back and probably Hogan too. Otherwise I don’t think that’s far off the starting line up for day one.

Henderson
Naughton Egan O'Connell
Duffy
McGoldrick Adams

Subs: Moore, Sharp, Basham, Lazaar, Lundstram, Stearman, Watkins
Just another couple of signings and we're ready to go !

——————Deano—————
—Holgate——Egan——JOC——
Valencia—————————Stevens
————Norwood— Fleck————
—————— Dack ——————
——McGoldrick——McBurnie——

Bench:
L. Freeman
Obi Mikel
Sharp
Duffy
Jagielka
Baldock
Basham

Dack/Duffy/Freeman Rotate between 2 CAM's with 1 at top and Dack drops into CM sometimes for the Norwood role.

Still unsure on Holgate... I do think we will fill that CB position with a loan though by the sounds of who we are after on a perm. Would love Reece James... although now injured, maybe we'll look at a short term loan to fill CB for next 3 months and we can then go for James in JTW.

Jagielka purely for experience and for the squeaky bum times

In our 25 I would like to see us rotating a few of our older bench/squad players (Baldock, Basham, Moore, & Duffy) for some upcoming youth player signings we will (hopefully) make (Turnbull, Robinson, McCarron, Connell)

Back
Top Bottom