Player Suggestion Realistic out of contract players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
I haven't a clue but please post who are out of contract that might be in our sights for next season.

Nick Powell is an interesting one. He's a good age and he's been linked with some Premier League clubs recently (as well as Celtic and Rangers) but his injury record is a worry. I think if we were in the Championship next year, we'd certainly be interested.

Andy Carroll would be a big upgrade on Madine ability-wise in terms of a target man, but he's never fit and his wages are probably ridiculous.

Keep Andy Carroll fit and we've got a £10mil player for free. Knows he can't command the wages he used to because of his fitness situation but our fitness team seem to be miracle workers so anything is possible.

I do expect him to end up at Burnley though.

Anyone who heard CW's comments yesterday about recruitment and ensuring that each purchase offers value will agree that he's very unlikely to be interested in crocks like Carroll. Same goes for Fer and probably for Powell but to a lesser degree - although I do rate him as a player.

Jagielka's legs have gone so any offer would undoubtedly include some sort of coaching pathway.

Harper is the most interesting of those listed so far although compensation would be due, due to his age.

With Carroll I'd expect him to have a low basic with bonuses for appearance, scoring etc. It might not be the best financial offer he gets but it'll be the best footballing offer, if he's over his problems he's a good enough player to score enough goals to get a 'more established' team interested.

Some good suggestions. Not sure on Powell for the Prem, but either Crouch and Carroll could fit.

Fer and Harper would be great signings for differing reasons.

I'm actually coming around to the idea of someone like Carroll. As 8lade says, a decent contract that protects us and ensures he gets paid when he plays makes sense. No doubt he can still be a handful. He's a couple of levels above Madine too.

Fer is out for 8 weeks now with a knee injury, and ruptured his achilles tendon in February last year and was out for 6 months - this coincided with Swansea's slide.

The achilles injury will have knocked him back a fair bit, and this knee injury is inconvenient.

If we could keep him fit for a sustained period, he'd get back near his best and we'd have a very valuable player. You'd back our fitness staff to do that. If we were happy he's not injury prone, I'd be happy for us to sign him.

With Carroll I'd expect him to have a low basic with bonuses for appearance, scoring etc. It might not be the best financial offer he gets but it'll be the best footballing offer, if he's over his problems he's a good enough player to score enough goals to get a 'more established' team interested.

Andy Carroll makes Nozzer look like a prima ballerina

Peter Crouch would be lucky to play 90 minutes over half a season, I'd rather have Madine.

Carroll is the Premier League version of a "Wilder type" as others have said but he's made of biscuits, even our fantastic medical team can't change someone's genetics, he's just delicate, and even if he halved his wages he'd still be on 30-40k I imagine.

I'm actually coming around to the idea of someone like Carroll. As 8lade says, a decent contract that protects us and ensures he gets paid when he plays makes sense. No doubt he can still be a handful. He's a couple of levels above Madine too.

I’d see him as an upgraded Madine. Keep him fit and he’s a hell of an aerial option.

Gary Hooper and Madine. Now that would be interesting.

Gary Hooper and Madine. Now that would be interesting.

I wonder what condition Hooper is in. He's played very little football in the last 2 years but has featured in the Massive's match day 18 more recently

Tbh if he's anything like fit, I can see him going back to Celtic.

If Sam Vokes and Ashley Barnes have both been more than useful premier league players - I certainly think madine has a chance to be in that mould as a useful aerial weapon.

Still shocked when i see on social media that people are wanting Madine. Yeah he did a job but cardiff didnt want him and we are level above players like Madine, Hogan etc now

Still shocked when i see on social media that people are wanting Madine. Yeah he did a job but cardiff didnt want him and we are level above players like Madine, Hogan etc now

I think it’s more likely than not madine will sign. I’d have a cheeky quid on him being a blade by the first game.

If you can find me a better, cheaper plan b (physical target man) who’d be happy to come and play a rotation role - I’d be happy to hear it...

I think it’s more likely than not madine will sign. I’d have a cheeky quid on him being a blade by the first game.

If you can find me a better, cheaper plan b (physical target man) who’d be happy to come and play a rotation role - I’d be happy to hear it...
Vokes
Zahore
Jutkiewicz

Vokes
Zahore
Jutkiewicz

Decent players

But given vokes was £8’m + last year and zahore was ahead of madine in The pecking order - I suspect he’d be more expensive to prise away.

Jutkiewitz might be a shout. Again think they would be looking at more than a couple of mil for madine though - and I don’t think we want a massive bloke up top every game for out style

Back
Top Bottom