Ravel Morrison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For me, two problems with Ravel:
1. He seemed as much in need of a psychologist as a football coach
2. Lacked positional sense - great ball skills, but where was he going? Looked utterly random, would be hard to play alongside him. Certainly didn't fit our very organized style

Wasted talent.

Also, it seems Wilder is a bit abrupt in his answer in the article about him now being a player at another club. I think Wilder did have plans for Ravel and is quite pissed off it hasn’t worked out.

I read that slightly differently. I imagine that Wilder, wanting all focus to be on the set of players in the first team squad and on the current games, would have been a bit abrupt on any question like that that unexpectedly raises a topic he feels is irrelevant at this current moment. As for plans, I doubt he was anything other than a low-risk punt that we hoped might come off. There is no way looking at how we’ve set up this season that he was seriously viewed as a potentially important part of the jigsaw. We had a squad of 25 we needed filling last summer, he was available relatively cheaply, we upgraded the midfield in January meaning he was no longer required.

I read that slightly differently. I imagine that Wilder, wanting all focus to be on the set of players in the first team squad and on the current games, would have been a bit abrupt on any question like that that unexpectedly raises a topic he feels is irrelevant at this current moment. As for plans, I doubt he was anything other than a low-risk punt that we hoped might come off. There is no way looking at how we’ve set up this season that he was seriously viewed as a potentially important part of the jigsaw. We had a squad of 25 we needed filling last summer, he was available relatively cheaply, we upgraded the midfield in January meaning he was no longer required.

True but I think Wilder did have high hopes for him compared to other gambles he has taken on players. Morrison has real talent and could have been a really big player for us had things turned out better.

I think Chris can admit to getting it wrong after a match but with regards to recruitment then I think he can be very defensive about his mistakes. Probably because the mistake has still cost the club money and that money no matter how big or small could have gone on someone else. I think he takes it a bit personally probably due to the passion he has for our club and doesn't like the feeling that he has wasted the clubs money.

Maybe I am reading too much into it. 🤷‍♂️

I hear a lot said about his problems and that he needs a psychologist as much as he needs a football coach. What exactly is his problem?

I hear a lot said about his problems and that he needs a psychologist as much as he needs a football coach. What exactly is his problem?

I don't think he needs a psychologist anymore than most people need one, we could all do with a bit of help with something.

However his problem seems to be he's good at something he doesn't particularly care about anymore but doesn't know what he'd do if he packed it in. I don't think there's been anything wrong with his character with us at all, he's been pretty highly spoken of. He just doesn't have a healthy relationship with professional football.

I don't think he needs a psychologist anymore than most people need one, we could all do with a bit of help with something.

However his problem seems to be he's good at something he doesn't particularly care about anymore but doesn't know what he'd do if he packed it in. I don't think there's been anything wrong with his character with us at all, he's been pretty highly spoken of. He just doesn't have a healthy relationship with professional football.

Wheres the evidence that he doesn’t care about football anymore? People seem to be assuming there’s still an issue with his attitude, maybe he’s just not as good as he apparently once was.

Wheres the evidence that he doesn’t care about football anymore? People seem to be assuming there’s still an issue with his attitude, maybe he’s just not as good as he apparently once was.
I think you might be right. Had loads of potential but didn't progress to a higher level. Probably only stayed in football as long because people have been willing to give him chance after chance.

I've seen plenty of stories showing that he would rather live his life than go to training etc, which implies that while he might like playing football, he's not that enamoured with football as a whole, and would rather play it with his mates but that doesn't pay the bills. I also said I don't think he has a bad attitude, everyone I've ever heard talk about him speaks highly.

Anyway, just my reading of the situation, not ITK or anything.

Have any of you got that mate who just thinks too much about stuff, gets easily demoralised, can't seem to make a go of anything? He seems a bit like that

I've seen plenty of stories showing that he would rather live his life than go to training etc, which implies that while he might like playing football, he's not that enamoured with football as a whole, and would rather play it with his mates but that doesn't pay the bills. I also said I don't think he has a bad attitude, everyone I've ever heard talk about him speaks highly.

Anyway, just my reading of the situation, not ITK or anything.

Maybe it’s just that I’ve not been looking but I haven’t seen much along those lines. Wilder’s previous comments didn’t seem to suggest an issue in that front either but that’s not always a true indicator.

Not suprised he's left, always had a poor attitude so no reason it'd change here. Poor signing.

Everything seems to focus on his mentality. After all, Ferguson said he was really good 8 years ago and was a wasted talent.

In reality, today, he looked shite.

I believe he was bought for the pre season training sessions, to get our players confident of playing to a prem league standard
job done, time to move on

Fucked off by Warnock already, so looks like league 1 or 2 or the dole, silly boy.

Reactions: Dkc
It’s interesting that this piece suggests he’s been “returned”.

Absent from both the released and retained lists to add to the confusion. I think it’s fairly safe to assume that he will indeed be released.

Maybe they waited til dusk and took him to some woods in a cardboard box.

He's playing for Guisborough Forest now, they set up with two banks of 4 squirrels and a lone badger, Rav is playing as a 10.

Warnock gave him a chance too, played him for 70 minutes in one of his first games. The lad seems to be a lost cause.

It's one thing to be a talented footballer, but he doesn't seem to know how to be a professional, play in a system, work hard & do the right things off the field.

Maybe an extended period in League 1/2 where he can start a string of games might help him.

I'm sure he'll really enjoy himself at Salford. Being advised by a bunch of know-nowts (when he re-posts a goal he scored in training 6 years ago on Instagram) that he was an amazing player, that he'll be great again one day and that 'the streets won't forget'.

Cant decide who would win the "im the biggest twat award" Ravel Morrison or Jose Baxter

I'd go for Morrison, don't think England has had a player of his cut since le Tissier.

I can't wait for our next waif and stray next year. I can't think of anyone as useless as Morrison though. Maybe get James Wilson back from whatever stone he's currently under

Back
Top Bottom