Proud of the lads

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce Wayne

Reaction score
Wilder hammered them tonight, I can see why but we have what, 15 players in our squad that can in all reality match up at this level? Every player called upon this season has lifted their game, the tactics have been spot on so has the discipline. The players looked knackered tonight, effort was there but the energy wasn't and it's no surprise as they are up against some of the best teams in Europe twice a week.

Add a few better players that fit our model in the window and we will be right up there again next season.

Europe or not, we will improve next season, that's what Wilder does.

Wilder hammered them tonight, I can see why but we have what, 15 players in our squad that can in all reality match up at this level? Every player called upon this season has lifted their game, the tactics have been spot on so has the discipline. The players looked knackered tonight, effort was there but the energy wasn't and it's no surprise as they are up against some of the best teams in Europe twice a week.

Add a few better players that fit our model in the window and we will be right up there next season.

Europe or not, we will improve next season, that's what Wilder does.
Wilder has dragged everything out of these players ! We now have to find more quality or what we saw today will happen a lot more next season.
Quality and pace is essential at this level and we lack both when we have the ball.
Hope we sign John Swift he is a good example of what we need.Obviously there are others but we are limited with the budget we have.
I think we will struggle next season if we dont get some in , hope I'm wrong but I feel we are desperate for more nous and quality to add to the really good qualities we have in the squad.
Europe is still there for us to go far do the players really want it ?.

Exactly. It's disappointing right now. But big picture is that we're disappointed at losing at a quality team like them- look at how far we've come. Guaranteed top ten now?

Just need to add a bit of quality in the transfer window and we'll continue improving next season.

Wilder has dragged everything out of these players ! We now have to find more quality or what we saw today will happen a lot more next season.
Quality and pace is essential at this level and we lack both when we have the ball.
Hope we sign John Swift he is a good example of what we need.Obviously there are others but we are limited with the budget we have.
I think we will struggle next season if we dont get some in , hope I'm wrong but I feel we are desperate for more nous and quality to add to the really good qualities we have in the squad.
Europe is still there for us to go far do the players really want it ?.

John Swift will not take us forward IMO. Better off with Besic.

Nice sentiment.

however, tonight is not the night to heap praise on the players, they were awful.

two games to go, time to step up and achieve top 6

personally I think we’ve probably been the 3-5th best side this season. It’ll be a shame to finish 6-10th now

Every season you get a game like this, where for some reason the whole team are off including subs. No one knows why, no one can figure out why. It's happened to us before under Wilder and it will happen again.

We've had a great season overall and I'm glad Wilder is pushing the players to perform right up until the final whistle at St Mary's.

Every season you get a game like this, where for some reason the whole team are off including subs. No one knows why, no one can figure out why. It's happened to us before under Wilder and it will happen again.

We've had a great season overall and I'm glad Wilder is pushing the players to perform right up until the final whistle at St Mary's.

This was hardly Wendy away though. We lost away to a side that played in the top 3 nearly all season.

Exactly. It's disappointing right now. But big picture is that we're disappointed at losing at a quality team like them- look at how far we've come. Guaranteed top ten now?

Just need to add a bit of quality in the transfer window and we'll continue improving next season.

When Bash, Egan & JoC have an off day you just have to accept its one of those days
With the exception of Hendo everyone had an off day
Even CW if I dare say it
We all knew Wes Morgan would play, you need a ring road to get round the fucker, he would have looked at the Mc’s and fancied this
Why not start with pace and prowess?
Soon as Mousse and Billy came on they dropped back and we looked more dangerous
We held a really high line which is playing into Steptoes strengths, and he could have registered 4 assists and a goal
Add Rodgers to cabbage heed as CW nemesis
Liverpool lost to Arsenal, Man City to Southampton
What right do we have to beat Leicester?
You earn a victory, and tonight we didn’t
But the sentiment is right, no one will be more disappointed than the players, put 3 past Pickford and all sins forgiven

Back
Top Bottom