Problem when we play bogle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BenTheBlade89

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong I am a big fan of bogle- he is exciting going forward and has the ability to take on a man which we lack in our side. Granted he didn’t have a great game tonight but no one really did. My problem with him is that when we attack he pushes so far forward and central than we try to recycle from the left and come out to the right side, there is often no one there because bogle has made a run into the box and then this slows down our attacking playing as we have to wait for either bash to get forward or bogle to come back. What is everyone else’s thoughts on this?

agree. When the ball comes in from the left he will be in the box meaning the right is completely exposed and they can just counter. he should be waiting on the edge of the box

Don’t get me wrong I am a big fan of bogle- he is exciting going forward and has the ability to take on a man which we lack in our side. Granted he didn’t have a great game tonight but no one really did. My problem with him is that when we attack he pushes so far forward and central than we try to recycle from the left and come out to the right side, there is often no one there because bogle has made a run into the box and then this slows down our attacking playing as we have to wait for either bash to get forward or bogle to come back. What is everyone else’s thoughts on this?
He’s raw granted the knock on him was always his defensive ability/positioning it’s something that will hopefully come with experience and coaching.

agree. When the ball comes in from the left he will be in the box meaning the right is completely exposed and they can just counter. he should be waiting on the edge of the box
That shows a lack of discipline by Bogle dont want to kill his natural attacking instinct but he will not become a top player if he doesn't stick to a game plan ,exposing the flank is not good enough without cover from others.
He's young but old enough to show more discipline that's unless Wilder gives him licence to roam.
If that's the case its Wilders fault.

I noticed that a few times tonight, as well as previous games. There is often a switch of play on when the ball comes inside from the left, but Bogle is nowhere to be seen! He's usually hanging around in the D. We're bad enough at getting stuck in the corner as it is, without making the play go back in to the same corner every time!

It's not a criticism as such, because his attacking intent is exactly what we need after Baldock's failures in that department. It's an observation though and something he'll need to learn.

surely the idea is that when he goes forward the midfield tracks across and....oh wait, Norwood.

The other thing I've noticed is he dithers a little under pressure. Last week with Billy being offside by the time he passed and this week Didzy was making a run and pointing into space but Bogle thought twice and ended up passing to safety.

I'm a fan though, he's definitely a talent and a decent championship season would iron out some of those creases

I'm sure I heard someone (CW?) shouting at Bogle to get forward? He kept making that "out-to-in" run, but not once did anyone try and drop the ball into him. We've supposedly got one of the best passers in the league in CM - why not try picking Bogle out occasionally?

Back
Top Bottom