Premiership referees

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kevin Arnott

Reaction score
Accept that Mike Dean is a footy fan, loyal to his club, but does anybody else notice that in the semis and the play off final he has miraculously got from his terrace position / seat to a position where the cameras can easily pick up his passionate celebrations ? Attention seeking nobber who may cause us some problems next year ?

To be fair to Mike Dean, he just went over to the stairs.

And to be even fairer, if you're one of the camera operators at the league two playoff final and you're tasked with filming the crowd, you'd immediately find out if there were any celebrities attending.

That chicken plucking tosser was the last ref we had in a prem game and awarded Wigan that penalty even though Jaggers was nudged by Heskey.

But I'm not bitter. I don't hope he's due for retirement. Then again that opens the way for more games being reffed by tosser Taylor.

Andy Madley who’s always seemed to like us and wilder rates will be coming up with us so we can just hope to get him a few times

Accept that Mike Dean is a footy fan, loyal to his club, but does anybody else notice that in the semis and the play off final he has miraculously got from his terrace position / seat to a position where the cameras can easily pick up his passionate celebrations ? Attention seeking nobber who may cause us some problems next year ?

How has it taken us to 2019 to know he's a Tranmere fan? I think that explains everything

The thing you need to understand with referees is, they’re all shit, just to varying degrees. The modern professional referee have become too high profile, over analysed and are unduly influenced by dictates from the PL and FA. The people who monitor the VAR cameras are all referees, who too will have a strict agenda laid down by the governing bodies to follow.

The only officials who actually referee the game, purely by the traditional interpretation and application of the rules of Association Football, are the ones doing it for fifteen quid on a Sunday morning.........................

And in my experience, they’re shit an’ all ;)

Once it was reported/ confirmed he was a fan at the playoff semi final, I bet it was a priority of sky to find him in the crowd. Sadly this is what footballs all about now, everything but the football on the pitch.

Once it was reported/ confirmed he was a fan at the playoff semi final, I bet it was a priority of sky to find him in the crowd. Sadly this is what footballs all about now, everything but the football on the pitch.
That's undoubtedly true. The nob just gets on my paps. Everytime he gives a penalty he does a full Olympic floor exercise then points dramatically to the spot as if he's addressing a class of 5 year olds. Managed to leave the crowd and get into positions of maximum exposure to ensure a perfect camera position. Ah well.

It was such a terrible standard game.

Lost count of the number of times the ball was held too long, the simple return pass ignored and the ball delivered from wide too early.
Seems like the one and only time Tranmere created a triangle and made a telling cross they scored.
My Tufty-ball eyes were bleeding.

The only officials who actually referee the game, purely by the traditional interpretation and application of the rules of Association Football, are the ones doing it for fifteen quid on a Sunday morning.........................

I bet you can't wait to qualify to show them all how it's done!
And then when you get home put your fifteen quid on the bed and roll around in it, revelling in all that wealth!

To be fair to Mike Dean, he just went over to the stairs.

And to be even fairer, if you're one of the camera operators at the league two playoff final and you're tasked with filming the crowd, you'd immediately find out if there were any celebrities attending.

I think thats the nail on the head.

The cameras were looking for him, just because of who he is.

I bet you can't wait to qualify to show them all how it's done!
And then when you get home put your fifteen quid on the bed and roll around in it, revelling in all that wealth!

No, cos I’d be shit too. Game cant exist without them, but its a Thankless task :(

To be fair, I think the cameras were looking for him, not the other way round. I do agree that he's a twat though.

First ref to hand out 100 red cards in the premier league, I wonder the percentages of top 6 vs other 14 clubs is?

No, cos I’d be shit too. Game cant exist without them, but its a Thankless task :(
I went to watch a local team just for something to do on a Sunday afternoon, both teams were utterly appalling, worse than a park game. The ref seemed to get most things right but there was a bloke stood at the side of the pitch stating every decision was wrong from throw ins, to fouls, to imaginary penalty decisions, his mouth never stopped. I ended up leaving as it ruined the little enjoyment there was in watching a bunch of men seemingly aimlessly knock a ball around. I never went back.

Lost count of the number of times the ball was held too long, the simple return pass ignored and the ball delivered from wide too early.
Seems like the one and only time Tranmere created a triangle and made a telling cross they scored.
My Tufty-ball eyes were bleeding.
We are truly spoilt by Tufty-ball. Long may it last.

The thing you need to understand with referees is, they’re all shit, just to varying degrees. The modern professional referee have become too high profile, over analysed and are unduly influenced by dictates from the PL and FA. The people who monitor the VAR cameras are all referees, who too will have a strict agenda laid down by the governing bodies to follow.

They’ve always been shit. They just got away with it more before there were cameras at all grounds. Back in the day some of them were fat.

Seem to remember last time he reffed one of our games, was decent. Prior to that thought he was an attention seeking nobber. Overtaken now by the dick Taylor who sent Bash off. Oh for Roger Fitzpatrick, proper ref.

He used to be able to run backwards,as quickly as he could forwards,great character,will have still called him all the names under the sun,when he gave something against us though.
He was the ref when we beat Watford 3-0 to clinch promotion in May 1971. Met him outside the players entrance after the match as many wanted an autograph from him.

Back
Top Bottom