Player Suggestion Premier League Recruitment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I understand what you're saying but Cahill's wages will likely be in excess of £100k a week. Same problem with Jagielka, to a lesser extent (as well as his age.)

If we could get that calibre of player on a short contract of under £30k, and willing to be deputy to Egan then great, but I just don't think it's realistic.

Robinson's in his last year so he'll be a knock down price. Preston, I imagine, would rather sell him for a big profit than see him walk for free.

I really like Holgate too. Local, physical, versatile and got an impressive delivery on him too.

Didn't realise that.....if he gets goals in the top flight, he'd be worth 20m+/

I understand what you're saying but Cahill's wages will likely be in excess of £100k a week. Same problem with Jagielka, to a lesser extent (as well as his age.)

If we could get that calibre of player on a short contract of under £30k, and willing to be deputy to Egan then great, but I just don't think it's realistic.

Robinson's in his last year so he'll be a knock down price. Preston, I imagine, would rather sell him for a big profit than see him walk for free.

I really like Holgate too. Local, physical, versatile and got an impressive delivery on him too.
Surely jags would accept a lower wage for 1 last year in the Prem before he retires with his boyhood club. Would make sense. Would suit a backup/experience role and I'm sure he could do both cb and Rcb. I know it's not going to happen for a while yet as well but I remember Kyle walker saying he wants to play for us in the Prem. If we were to stay there until his man City contract runs out.3 years? I think he would come back as well, think he would be about 32 then.

Surely jags would accept a lower wage for 1 last year in the Prem before he retires with his boyhood club. Would make sense. Would suit a backup/experience role and I'm sure he could do both cb and Rcb. I know it's not going to happen for a while yet as well but I remember Kyle walker saying he wants to play for us in the Prem. If we were to stay there until his man City contract runs out.3 years? I think he would come back as well, think he would be about 32 then.

We aren’t his boyhood club - he may have fondness for us after we gave him his break, but he didn’t grow up a Sheffield United Fan.

That being said i could definitely see a scenario where he’s contracted to us next season.

Didn't realise that.....if he gets goals in the top flight, he'd be worth 20m+/

That's McCabe thinking ;)

If he scores goals in the top flight of hope we'd keep him and stay in the division!

As Liam points out; we're his boyhood club. I bet there isn't a single member of staff that is still here from when he left either.
He may wish to join us, I don't know but I can't see him turning down better offers to be back up to Egan on a (relative) pittance.

As for Walker, he was in the academy longer, is a Sheff Utd fan and grew up locally. He will also no doubt be far wealthier than Jagielka by the time he leaves City. For those reasons it's probabaly more likely but a lot can change in the mean time.

Right here goes I can't help myself...

Retained players: Sharp, McGoldrick, Basham, Norwood, O'Connell, Fleck, Stevens, Egan

Targets: Henderson, James, Chambers, Jagielka, Westwood, Hernandez, Dack, Mitrovic, Robinson.

Last edited:
Wouldn't touch Long or McBurnie if we went up. We need goals and Long doesn't provide them unfortunately, he's like an upgrade on Matty Done. McBurnie I just don't rate, despite his record. Callum Robinson I'd deffo be looking at, Karlan Grant too, but doubt Hudders would sell.

Don't think Chambers is an upgrade either....and he'd come at a sizeable cost. (unless you mean as a RCB...in which case I agree, but would be costly still).

Two pundits on the radio this morning both questioned why Long hadn't been a targeted player by prem clubs even though they both agreed he wasn't a goal scorer.

Eh?

How thick could two people be?

Cahill and Jags would both be too knackered after the first two or three overlapping attacks.

Need much younger players.

Haha maybe, especially Jags at 36... But he would bring a wealth of Premiership experience... And he did earn 40 England caps too let's not forget. I just think we need someone like that in one form or another.

Cahill and Jags would both be too knackered after the first two or three overlapping attacks.

Need much younger players.

Both would be in the Egan, central role. That is the one that doesn't overlap and sits back, only going up for Corners/Free Kicks.

Sky Sports Transfer Center

09:02

£20M FOR FARKE

Daniel Farke will only get a transfer budget of around £20m to improve Norwich City's squad if they are able to secure promotion to the Premier League, the Daily Mail reports.

The Canaries are on the cusp of a top flight return, but Farke is set to have limited funds to help his side compete in the Premier League.

I know they are using the Daily Mail as a source but if this is true, why? I would have thought they would have out spent us (providing we both went up :))

Sky Sports Transfer Center

09:02

£20M FOR FARKE

Daniel Farke will only get a transfer budget of around £20m to improve Norwich City's squad if they are able to secure promotion to the Premier League, the Daily Mail reports.

The Canaries are on the cusp of a top flight return, but Farke is set to have limited funds to help his side compete in the Premier League.

I know they are using the Daily Mail as a source but if this is true, why? I would have thought they would have out spent us (providing we both went up :))

Would be insane if that's true. I don't think they've even spent the £30+ million they got for Maddison and Murphy yet.

The following would be nailed on targets:

Reece James
Callum Robinson
Oli McBurnie
Shane Long

Then probably these as well:

Jake Cooper
Mason Holgate
John Swift
Luke Freeman
Kenneth Zohore

The following would be nailed on targets:

Reece James
Callum Robinson
Oli McBurnie
Shane Long

Then probably these as well:

Jake Cooper
Mason Holgate
John Swift
Luke Freeman
Kenneth Zohore

You keep mentioning McBurnie... I'd be soul destroyed if we went in for him. Even if we don't go up!

I think the same about Jags and Cahill...not the type of players we should be considering...whatever division we are in.
One last payday players? No thanks...

I think the same about Jags and Cahill...not the type of players we should be considering...whatever division we are in.
One last payday players? No thanks...

For every Dean Hammond there's a Craig Short or a Gary Speed. Experience could always come in handy.

Sam Vokes would do well for us. Always rated him ever since we had him on loan in the good old days.

I'd take Roofe off Leeds as well, he'd suit us very well.

Goalkeeper: Dean Henderson,
Defence:Matt Lowton, George Friend
Midfield: Reece James, Matt Phillips, Romaine Sawyers
Forwards: Tyler Roberts, Andreas Weimann, Oliver Mcburnie
2 loans, 7 permanent.

A Premier League wildcard loan signing might be Mason Greenwood at Man Utd. Very very inexperienced at Premier League level, but unbelievable stats in the reserve league.

Right here goes I can't help myself...

Retained players: Sharp, McGoldrick, Basham, Norwood, O'Connell, Fleck, Stevens, Egan

Targets: Henderson, James, Chambers, Jagielka, Westwood, Hernandez, Dack, Mitrovic, Robinson.

Can people stop suggesting Mitrovic as if it's a viable option?

Can people stop suggesting Mitrovic as if it's a viable option?

Well I doubt we'll get Calum Chambers, Ash Westwood and Pablo Hernandez either... But one can dream!
I was thinking of a trench coat, unlit carpark, minela envelope type scenario... It could happen!!

For me we desperately need someone in flecks role. Not just backup but someone good enough to come in and start if needed.

My shout would be Leroy fer.

I can also see wilder being a bit ruthless in the gk position. We have loaned one for 2 seasons now. Everyone expected us to go and get blackman again and we didn't. If a viable permanent gk wilder rates becomes available I can see us signing them instead of loaning deano.

We would also need a striker or two. I would sign madine (we should aim to keep the majority of the current squad) and one other. Someone preferably with pace. Tammy Abraham on loan?

We will desperately need cover for Stevens because we aren't signing Johnson regardless of where we finish. Can't think of a viable LWB off the top of my head.

We'll need an AM to compete with Duffy.im not sure on dowell. Like freeman or jota from Birmingham would be decent.

Should also be looking at some players from the relegated teams. I've always rated Aaron mooy. Could also try and sign Kevin Mcdonald.

Wolves will be looking to push on from their fantastic season this season and a few fringe players will be available. I don't think we could afford him on a permanent but Adama traore on loan could be a decent option. He's only started 8 games for them this season.

All this is of course hypothetical and I am fully aware we aren't up at the time of writing this.

Ben Osborn from Forest could cover Fleck and LWB. So could George Saville.

Tomori from Chelsea would be a good signing.

Could almost sign a whole team from there reserves. Wages might be a problem though thinking about the issue signing Blackman.

Leroy Fer is nothing like Fleck, he's more of a Vinnie Jones type and I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club.

What are people's thoughts on potentially breaking the bank for Maupay or Daniel James?? Or both?!

CB possibilities: Liam Moore or Adam Webster anyone?

Leroy Fer is nothing like Fleck, he's more of a Vinnie Jones type and I wouldn't want him anywhere near this club.

What are people's thoughts on potentially breaking the bank for Maupay or Daniel James?? Or both?!

CB possibilities: Liam Moore or Adam Webster anyone?
Was reading that James is in the last year of his contract. Same as Robinson. If we got both we would also be able to change formation more.

Back
Top Bottom