Player Suggestion Premier League Recruitment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mancunianblade

Reaction score
Ok this is completely hypothetical of course but it will be around now that Wilder/Knill and the board will be drawing up 2 separate recruitment plans for 2018/19 season. One for a championship campaign and one for a Premier league campaign.

So as a but of a mood lightener after yday who would you like to us to realistically sign if we were to go up?

For me

I think Henderson will be available so I’d like us to ask that question..

We would certainly need a new RWB think the Chelsea lad Reece James who is on loan at Wigan would be a good addition. And Chelsea are always keen to sell a Kid

Is Harry Wilson ready for the PL? Could be a decent loan addition.

(I’m ready for the we won’t go up so what’s the point replies)

images

Should us glorious Blades get promoted, the untold millions of £s will be Managed thoughtfully.

Henderson. Permanent signings like Jarrod Bowen, Luke Freeman, Callum Robinson and Oli McBurnie. Loans like Tosin Adarabioyo, Scott McTominay, Ola Aina and Harry Wilson.

That sort of market.

We'd surely have to start looking abroad. But if we do go up this season we won't be prepared for that.

Henderson. Permanent signings like Jarrod Bowen, Luke Freeman, Callum Robinson and Oli McBurnie. Loans like Tosin Adarabioyo, Scott McTominay, Ola Aina and Harry Wilson.

If I had a hard on before I read that list of names my cock would now be very flaccid. We may as well just ask if someone else can take our place and pocket the parachute money if that's who we will look to sign in the PL. Not saying you are wrong by the way but there are some bang average footballers in that list.

If I had a hard on before I read that list of names my cock would now be very flaccid. We may as well just ask if someone else can take our place and pocket the parachute money if that's who we will look to sign in the PL. Not saying you are wrong by the way but there are some bang average footballers in that list.

Well, we'd have to sign a lot of players and you could bet we wouldn't be spending a fortune. I'd expect at least 2 loans. Then I'd be happy if the rest were players with development and resale value in them, and not on silly wages. Then if we did come down, we'd not be in a mess, and would be in a strong position to bounce back.

That sort of market.

We'd surely have to start looking abroad. But if we do go up this season we won't be prepared for that.
Arent Spurs looking at Bowen? If so we wouldn't have a chance.

Probably so. Didn't realise he'd scored 14 this season. That's outstanding considering his and Hull's slow start.

But players of his type would be the ones to go for. Robinson who I mentioned would be on a similar number of goals now without the injury, and probably off to the PL this window. So he'd be a good one.

Well, we'd have to sign a lot of players and you could bet we wouldn't be spending a fortune. I'd expect at least 2 loans. Then I'd be happy if the rest were players with development and resale value in them, and not on silly wages. Then if we did come down, we'd not be in a mess, and would be in a strong position to bounce back.

With a combination of our team now and those players in the list the coming back down part would be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Remind me why we want to get promoted again?!

With a combination of our team now and those players in the list the coming back down part would be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Remind me why we want to get promoted again?!

Which players would you realistically suggest then?

Or failing that, how much do you think we should spend? And how high with the wages?

You only have to look at the two comparisons of Wolves and Fulham. One added a couple of players and are doing ok and the other fooked it up by adding way to many players who the managers didn't even want !

Which players would you realistically suggest then?

Or failing that, how much do you think we should spend?

Back to my original reply to you I'm not saying you're wrong. I just think if we did go down this route then we'd be a nailed on struggling team from day one.

I wish I took enough notice of other teams to give an opinion but I don't. I know that Luke Freeman has looked average to poor against us this season in both games, McBurnie is a bit of a lummox and would get rinsed by most PL defenders, Bowen will be beyond us due to his cost. It's pretty depressing if they are the best out there for what we can afford.

If we wanted to compete around lower mid-table we'd need to spend (wisely) around £30m in fees and then silly wages for the players we buy so quite simply it's not feasible.

Back to my original reply to you I'm not saying you're wrong. I just think if we did go down this route then we'd be a nailed on struggling team from day one.

I wish I took enough notice of other teams to give an opinion but I don't. I know that Luke Freeman has looked average to poor against us this season in both games, McBurnie is a bit of a lummox and would get rinsed by most PL defenders, Bowen will be beyond us due to his cost. It's pretty depressing if they are the best out there for what we can afford.

If we wanted to compete around lower mid-table we'd need to spend (wisely) around £30m in fees and then silly wages for the players we buy so quite simply it's not feasible.

I think £30m is about right. But to make that go a long way we'd have to make loan signings and take gambles. It is quite depressing how little we'd be able to afford, but at least we'd have a manager who'd give us a chance (classic United).

I think Freeman has plenty of improvement left in him and would slot into our system nicely. He's at least a quality Championship player. McBurnie seems ungainly but he's effective and has a goalscoring knack. He also has plenty of improvement in him.

You only have to look at the two comparisons of Wolves and Fulham. One added a couple of players and are doing ok and the other fooked it up by adding way to many players who the managers didn't even want !

It’s a strange situation that though because whilst you are correct Wolves recruitment beyond their means in the Championship and most of their players were PL quality..

With the way the market is going for the next decade the smartest way to recruit is players like Henderson.

Buy back clauses are going to be the final “loans” moving forward Chelsea and City and probably Liverpool have started already and I’d expect the others to follow suit..

These teams recruit so much young talent and I don’t mean 9/10 year olds I mean guys who have come through other academies and already show elite level talent at 16/17/18 years old they then loan them out for a number of season before selling them on too early and the player develops later on. The insurance policy here is a buy back clause. It reduces the transfer fee making it more affordable to the buying team but also means the selling club gets a bargain down the line..

An example is Bournemouth signing Ake for £20m but Chelsea have a buy back clause for £40m..

I’d expect Man Utd would want a deal like this. Say £10m-£15m fee with a £30m buy back. If in 6 years De Gea retires Henderson “could” be England No 1 and a snip at £30m.

If we go up I’d like us to sign younger players at the start of their careers rather than the end and should we go down we are better places to bounce back.

That sort of market.

Think the elephant in the room here is what happens come the end of March..I’d say that’s the reason for the window being much slower than normal. (RE recruitment from abroad)

I'm gonna throw a wildcard in here, he's out of contract at lazio in the summer. Ravel morrison. If cw can sort him out, he's got ability.

Undoubted ability, but at 26 and how many clubs no one has managed it yet.

It’s a strange situation that though because whilst you are correct Wolves recruitment beyond their means in the Championship and most of their players were PL quality..
Yep I agrees think it would be better for the club to have players already here that are capable of holding their own at Premiership level. For now I think we're lacking that quality.

Probably so. Didn't realise he'd scored 14 this season. That's outstanding considering his and Hull's slow start.

But players of his type would be the ones to go for. Robinson who I mentioned would be on a similar number of goals now without the injury, and probably off to the PL this window. So he'd be a good one.

Spurs won't sign Bowen, as good as he is - I think Poch has said he's not going to sign a forward. Apparently Hull are demanding £15m for Bowen; I don't know if that would be out of our price range in the result of a hypothetical promotion, probably.

I can't think of any scenerio where we wouldn't be a struggling team if we went up: look at the squads of Fulham and Newcastle, who are both struggling - unless we spent hundreds of millions of pounds immediately, we'd be aiming to stay up and not much more.

I can't think of any scenerio where we wouldn't be a struggling team if we went up: look at the squads of Fulham and Newcastle, who are both struggling - unless we spent hundreds of millions of pounds immediately, we'd be aiming to stay up and not much more.

Same here, it’s bizarre that that’s what we all strive for and we’ll hate it once we get there.

That sort of market.

Can only loan 2 players from the prem for some stupid reason

Same here, it’s bizarre that that’s what we all strive for and we’ll hate it once we get there.

I think the aim is to build over time. With some kind of model in place. Teams like Bournemouth, Leicester, Burnley etc.

It won't happen over night, and it's by no means owed to us, but I hope it's not too unrealistic to dream of a point where we're consolidated in the PL, where we can afford to really have a go at the domestic cups.

Regarding Bowen I suppose it depends how far forward Spurs are looking.

I see Erikson has yet to sign a new deal. Getting his replacement for 15-20m when he could likely command 80-100m would be decent and sensible business.

Treat it as a free hit for a year. Use the money to sign top championship players. Then, if we go down, we’re well placed to go up again. It wouldn’t hurt being a yo yo club for a few seasons, we’ll soon get bored of the championship if we keep finishing 7th-12th.

Treat it as a free hit for a year. Use the money to sign top championship players. Then, if we go down, we’re well placed to go up again. It wouldn’t hurt being a yo yo club for a few seasons, we’ll soon get bored of the championship if we keep finishing 7th-12th.

Pretty much the way Burnley have approached it over the last few years and West Brom before them to a certain extent.

If and it's a big If we did go up i would much rather we bought the brightest players from the league we have just got out of, like we did when we were promoted from L1, instead of overpaid and over priced Prem players on the merry go round.

There's plenty of talent that could make the step up and wouldn't cost £20+ million. Some would leave to stay in the Prem if we got relegated but the majority would stay and make us a force the following season back in the Championship.

Yes we'd probably have to spend a few fees in the £10 - £15 million range but that's still peanuts compared to the money received.

Pretty much the way Burnley have approached it over the last few years and West Brom before them to a certain extent.

If and it's a big If we did go up i would much rather we bought the brightest players from the league we have just got out of, like we did when we were promoted from L1, instead of overpaid and over priced Prem players on the merry go round.

There's plenty of talent that could make the step up and wouldn't cost £20+ million. Some would leave to stay in the Prem if we got relegated but the majority would stay and make us a force the following season back in the Championship.

Yes we'd probably have to spend a few fees in the £10 - £15 million range but that's still peanuts compared to the money received.
I think it’s the only way we can do it. Otherwise you end up paying over the odds for foreign players who barely know who you are and are only coming for the cash or washed up veterans looking for a last pay day. Any decent, proven player doesn’t go to a newly promoted club when they can join a mid table side, which they invariably can.

I think it’s the only way we can do it. Otherwise you end up paying over the odds for foreign players who barely know who you are and are only coming for the cash or washed up veterans looking for a last pay day. Any decent, proven player doesn’t go to a newly promoted club when they can join a mid table side, which they invariably can.

Foreign players aren't a bad way to go IF you have the scouting network. We blatantly don't or we would be utilizing it now which pretty much rules out that route if we were promoted.

I posted the Top 50 from the Sky Sports power rankings on another post the other day. There's plenty on there that could make the step up and wouldn't cost the earth.

What happens if we go up ? Isn’t the court case scheduled for late June ?

Can see it coming now
Sky Sports Breaking news
“Sheffield United first team to not sign a player in a premier league transfer window”

Back
Top Bottom