Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Lovely!

DirtyLeeds collapse somehow broke all known convention and got us promoted straight through two divisions:

“Wasn’t their promotion more about Leeds implosion?”

“Yes, that’s the only reason that they’re not in league one right now. Leeds bottling it.”

Then they move on to some proper abuse:

“I’m hating them already, looking at their forum.
‘One man team’
‘They’ll be shitting themselves’
‘Favourites for relegation’
‘The likes of Palace’
F**k me, they’ve got more mouth and less sense than those c*nts from Shithole-on-Sea.”

That's more like it lads!

If only more than a few hundred of you could be arsed to come up to Shithole-en-Peak and give some abuse in person.

Strange really, what with you being the 'bigger club'.

So this is what the premier league is all about, Sky Tv, and Roy now posting the "view from" at what ever random time he feels like

He was already getting a bit chippy before the Beans co-podcasts, but now he is a global media star, his slackness knows no bounds.

I'm seriously thinking that we convene a board meeting to cut his pay. We are shelling out far too much to have these 'view froms' turning up at all hours and he needs to remember who pays his wages. Er......

This post, brought to you by Dem Blades Fanzine, an independent, irreverant.......

I'm enjoying the way teams think "overlapping centre-backs" means we literally play a 1-7-2 formation and hang the consequences.

Also Billy Sharp always scores against everyone.

Its brilliant isnt it? I mean, our shape is so simple - just let our CBs attack, then lump it over the top and its 2 strikers on one defender, its that easy.

This view from reminds me a lot of the view froms when we first came up from League one, the Brentford one very much springs to mind.

A lot of typical London arrogance in those comments.

That false narrative about us only getting promotion due to Leeds Bottling it is getting tiresome now as well.

Zaha is going to be the best player on the pitch if he can be arsed probably. Townsend is capable of doing some amazing stuff. Milojevic is a proper Prem player and I'm interested to see Meyer if he gets on the pitch. But their midfield being a long way ahead of ours? I'm not sure The James Mc's are going to rip us apart.

If they play to 100% of their ability then we'll have a hard job staying with them, they have fantastic counter attacking ability. But you're best player pouting is not a recipe for getting your best team performance out. Also, if Van Aanholt is going to try and play up front like he usually does, are we not allowed to exploit that space (the rest of the defence is straight out of 2012), they aren't the only team that know how to counter. I think there'll be at least 4 goals and I'd go for a 3-2 either way, hopefully to us

This is more like it! The Bournemouth views were far too tame (appreciate there was only 10 fans to choose from with Bournemouth)

Cheers Roy. They sound as deluded as our s6 neighbour's

They are talking like the Villa fans.....”we have better players”, “They used them over overlapping centre backs in league 1 but the Championship is a totally different level”.

We went on to outclass Villa, 3-0 up at half time....4-0 up after 50 minutes .....winning 4-1.
My prediction is that Palace fans will continue the trend of clubs having their worse performance of the season when they play us.
Suspect we’ll take the game away from them with our fast passing game, so they don’t get the chance to perform to their normal levels.

This match can be summed up as Palace have higher quality individuals where as Sheff Utd have the higher quality team.

Zero Trophies,
Smaller Ground,
Lower Attendances,
No real cult classic managers,
Fail to even sell out low ticket allocation away from home,
More cringey drum smacking overrated atmosphere.

But yeah definitely a bigger club then us. 😂
Can’t believe how jealous I am that I don’t support the Massive Crystal Palace a gargantuan club really up there with the greats...

Friday morning is Pre Match View time.

Far far too vague. That gives you a whole 12 hour window to sit counting your millions and stroking the white cat.

The old Roygbiv was never like this in League 1 (he was too busy chasing the only Fleetwood fan able to type, all around the internet).

Because we are cheerful upbeat and generous bunch, we'll let you have another chance, but take this as a final warning*.

* 'Final' as in not final at all.......

Its brilliant isnt it? I mean, our shape is so simple - just let our CBs attack, then lump it over the top and its 2 strikers on one defender, its that easy.

I remember they were the well honed tactics on the Junior School playing field in 15 aside games when I was a kid, with me the lone Terry Butcher like figure at the back imploring everyone not to bomb forward (they didn't listen).

Back
Top Bottom