Pre-Match View From Millwall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“I’ve got a bad feeling about Saturday, hope I’m wrong”

Don't worry fella, you probably are :(

Haha was just about to quote the exact same thing.

Has a bit of a Southend wiff about it, entering the game after bad results, fans not happy, trouble off the pitch. *Que Sheffield United to make all things right for them...

I lived up there and they are a decent, passionate bunch and have been totally sold short by their board. They’ve sold and sold good players and replaced them with crap.

Their dynamic with Wednesday also reminded me of ours with Palace. One the working class, partisan club that could laugh at itself…the other the suburban, up their own arse bunch of sanctimonious cunts.

LOVE EM!!

Nail on the head.

I lived up there and they are a decent, passionate bunch and have been totally sold short by their board. They’ve sold and sold good players and replaced them with crap.

Their dynamic with Wednesday also reminded me of ours with Palace. One the working class, partisan club that could laugh at itself…the other the suburban, up their own arse bunch of sanctimonious cunts.

LOVE EM!!

Nail on the head.
That has to be the best quote from the view from, ever.is a sanctimonious cunt worse than an ordinary cunt? Brilliant,

LOVE EM!!

Nail on the head.
I've thought for a long time that we're the Millwall of the North. Without the strong links to the far right, of course, but a club with a predominantly working class fan base who are disliked by the mainstream media and plastic supporters of other teams.

"new manager Chris Wilder has come out with a similar attack on his players as Neil Harris did after our humiliating 5-1 reverse at Peterborough, for their more modest 3-0 defeat at home to Southend United."

Modest??

Peterboro realistic promotion contenders / Southend bottom of the form league.

There again, on the form league based on the last one game, this is a face-off between 23rd and 24th.

Where have all these sensible, reasonable and affable Millwall fans come from? I seem to recall the 'view from Millwall' last season was full of neanderthal billy big boots idiots saying how they were coming up to smash us in more ways than one.

Where have all these sensible, reasonable and affable Millwall fans come from? I seem to recall the 'view from Millwall' last season was full of neanderthal billy big boots idiots saying how they were coming up to smash us in more ways than one.
I was thinking exactly the same thing!

I've thought for a long time that we're the Millwall of the North. Without the strong links to the far right, of course, but a club with a predominantly working class fan base who are disliked by the mainstream media and plastic supporters of other teams.

Millwall have NEVER had strong links to the far right. We have racist fans. Have had racist fans. But it has never been a culture of the club. In fact some of Millwall's most infamous hooligans have been Black, such as Ian "Tiny' Garwood. Indeed, we have a big following amongst the large Turkish community of SE London too, with Tamer Hassan the most famous example, a one time Millwall hooligan & current Millwall fan who went on to play leader of the Millwall firm in the film Football Factory.

I think the tabloids just put two and two together and get five - i.e. Millwall have a large hooligan following, so must be racists too. Completely misunderstanding the football scene (see Birmingham City & the Zulus for example). I don't think links to far right would be tolerated by many of the Black & Turkish lads in the Millwall firms. Indeed, groups like the EDL have been torn to shreds on Millwall forums. The only support they would get is from wannabe hooligans.

Besides, amongst the general support Millwall have one of the highest ratio of fans from ethnic minorities outside all but the big clubs according to a report by Kick It Out - an outfit chaired by Black Millwall fan Lord Ouseley. Ian Wright and David Hayes are both Millwall fans - and are hardly the type to sit back at a club with 'far right links'. Same can be said of the Cypriot immigrant & Millwall fan Theo Paphitis. As well as Mr Hassan mentioned above.

I hate this Millwall are hooligans so must be racist narrative.

Especially as one club that had quite open links to the far right in West Ham United are portrayed as the ultimate cheeky cockney family club. Sickening. And don't even get me started on Chelsea - the club of the fashionable & cool people...and post Euro 96 families. Crikey, they were so entwined with Combat 18 that they used to abuse their own black players & not recognise them as goal scorers. And if you ever did England away in the 80s & 90s you will know that Chelsea took the lead on all the worse racist stuff.

Millwall have NEVER had strong links to the far right. We have racist fans. Have had racist fans. But it has never been a culture of the club. In fact some of Millwall's most infamous hooligans have been Black, such as Ian "Tiny' Garwood. Indeed, we have a big following amongst the large Turkish community of SE London too, with Tamer Hassan the most famous example, a one time Millwall hooligan & current Millwall fan who went on to play leader of the Millwall firm in the film Football Factory.

I think the tabloids just put two and two together and get five - i.e. Millwall have a large hooligan following, so must be racists too. Completely misunderstanding the football scene (see Birmingham City & the Zulus for example). I don't think links to far right would be tolerated by many of the Black & Turkish lads in the Millwall firms. Indeed, groups like the EDL have been torn to shreds on Millwall forums. The only support they would get is from wannabe hooligans.

Besides, amongst the general support Millwall have one of the highest ratio of fans from ethnic minorities outside all but the big clubs according to a report by Kick It Out - an outfit chaired by Black Millwall fan Lord Ouseley. Ian Wright and David Hayes are both Millwall fans - and are hardly the type to sit back at a club with 'far right links'. Same can be said of the Cypriot immigrant & Millwall fan Theo Paphitis. As well as Mr Hassan mentioned above.

Especially as one club that had quite open links to the far right in West Ham United are portrayed as the ultimate cheeky cockney family club. Sickening. And don't even get me started on Chelsea - the club of the fashionable & cool people...and post Euro 96 families. Crikey, they were so entwined with Combat 18 that they used to abuse their own black players & not recognise them as goal scorers. And if you ever did England away in the 80s & 90s you will know that Chelsea took the lead on all the worse racist stuff.
Fair enough. You know more about your club than I do.
I know about the Chelsea scum. However, I don't think having non white hooligans means a club doesn't have a racist element to it. I recall Chelsea having a few black hoolies and everyone knows who Cas Pennant is.

But it wasn't my intention to accuse Millwall as a whole of being racist so apologies if it came across like that.

It was always Chelsea with the far right stuff.

L**ds are clearly the Millwall of the north.

Fair enough. You know more about your club than I do.
I know about the Chelsea scum. However, I don't think having non white hooligans means a club doesn't have a racist element to it. I recall Chelsea having a few black hoolies and everyone knows who Cas Pennant is.

But it wasn't my intention to accuse Millwall as a whole of being racist so apologies if it came across like that.

True...and i said we have had & do have racist fans. But, it is not a culture that runs through the club, and it is not a culture at the club - like it was at Chelsea & West Ham.

So, it is extremely annoying seeing public school journalists (as many of them are nowadays) at broadsheets, who are barely in their 20s trotting out this Millwall are racist crap. Especially when you find out that they are Chelsea fans!!

And if I see fans of oppo clubs parroting it I will call them out on it - especially as someone who works in education, where if you told Millwall supporting teenagers in places like Peckham, Walworth, Rotherhithe, New Cross etc etc that Millwall was an inherently racist club they would laugh in your face, and then carry on chatting to their mates of a hundred different ethnic backgrounds.

This rant isn't aimed at you by the way - I just wish some of the cretins that work in the media would actually step foot in the real world.

True...and i said we have had & do have racist fans. But, it is not a culture that runs through the club, and it is not a culture at the club - like it was at Chelsea & West Ham.

So, it is extremely annoying seeing public school journalists (as many of them are nowadays) at broadsheets, who are barely in their 20s trotting out this Millwall are racist crap. Especially when you find out that they are Chelsea fans!!

And if I see fans of oppo clubs parroting it I will call them out on it - especially as someone who works in education, where if you told Millwall supporting teenagers in places like Peckham, Walworth, Rotherhithe, New Cross etc etc that Millwall was an inherently racist club they would laugh in your face, and then carry on chatting to their mates of a hundred different ethnic backgrounds.

This rant isn't aimed at you by the way - I just wish some of the cretins that work in the media would actually step foot in the real world.
I'm afraid you get pigeon holed ,as for racist clubs the blades have always been a a multi cultural inner city club ,yes we have the odd racist numpty but on the hole we are a pretty tolerant lot .the original bbc allways had a fair few black lads and a coloured leader for a while . Like you say lazy jounalists . Looking forward to a good drink down your way tomorrow

We have a keeper now that speaks and someone playing right back who might look bothered.

I expect us to put the horror show of the 0-3 defeat to Southend behind us with a respectful 2-0 defeat.

LOVE EM!!

Nail on the head.

Probably one of the most correct and nicest things I've ever read about us from another clubs fans.
I'm touched.

LOVE EM!!

Nail on the head.

Always said I liked Millwall.. Honest

Back
Top Bottom