Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brentford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It's getting to the stage now where I hope we get promoted just so we can get back to the view from being full of idiots that know nothing about our style of play, call us a long ball team and saying they expect to hammer us

What to make of a decent footballing side that get stuffed by the pork and then win at Boro !:confused:

Dem Bee's might be comforted to know that the last time we had Tony Harrington as a home referee we lost to dem other Bee's Barnet .

"We also have the best goal difference outside the top 5 which is an extra point.”

Pinchy will have a field day with this kind of talk!

On Egan : One of their other comments was that they'll have a kid playing at CB, presumably because they sold Mepham and now don't have adequate cover. So selling Egan to us worked out well for them didn't it? I don't know the details of how their analytics work but we've had JOC from them for circa £250k now worth upwards of £8m+ and Egan for £4m, which for me was money very well spent.

We could, conservatively, double our money on Egan given his form this season...as Wilder has already stated. I was delighted with the signing at the time and have seen absolutely nothing to change my mind. The best defender in the league. As for him 'not being good on the ball': no defenders are required to play more football than ours in this league and he's more than good enough to do it.

“I’m usually the most negative depressing person going, but I just have a feeling that we aren’t going to lose again this season.”

You have to admire their sense of humour though, and Roy for spotting it :)

You have to admire their sense of humour though, and Roy for spotting it :)
Roy always seems to like to include an incognito pork impostor. They gave the game away though with the 'not getting beat again this season'.
Obviously thought he was posting on his own board!

All the John Egan comments not suiting their style of play, but he suits ours and is great in the air, implies to me that they think we're a direct team! Joke. They play football on the ground, but often to their own detriment at the back and often sideways and backwards. Saying that, in the final third, watching the Boro highlights, they play it behind Boro's defence on countless occasions so we'll have to watch out for that.

If they don't have Bentley in goal I can see it being comfortable. If Bentley plays it could be tough though because Brentford are a tricky side on their day.

No matter how many times we score wonderfully worked goals (see the second on Saturday) or Norwood hits 50 yard pass onto a sixpence we are still going to be considered Big, Direct, Set piece orientated and physical to deal with aren’t we?

Makes me want to win games like this even more.

If they don't have Bentley in goal I can see it being comfortable. If Bentley plays it could be tough though because Brentford are a tricky side on their day.

Bentley seemed to absolutely crumble at the Griffin Park game earlier this season. Rattled by the away end in that 2nd half.

Bentley seemed to absolutely crumble at the Griffin Park game earlier this season. Rattled by the away end in that 2nd half.

Would still rather Gunnarson though playing against us. He's only 18 and isn't even a regular for their under 23's according to their commentary. He flapped at crosses, not surprisingly a Boro. Madine and Hogan would be a great partnership for tomorrow I think. Hogan ex Brentford of course and he compliments Madine well. I can see Madine causing them all sorts of problems tomorrow night.

It just depends which Brentford team decides to turn up.

We are a team full of enigmas.

A goalkeeper in Bentley who has been a car crash all season and he is in my opinion largely responsible for us languishing where we are in the table. He was injured on Saturday and might not (hopefully) be fit, in which case it is a journeyman in Daniels or an 18 year old.

We play 3 centre halves who lack concentration and overplay on the ball in dangerous situations, two good attacking wingback who are very dangerous going forward but vulnerable defensively.

The midfielders Sawyers and Mokotjo are the engine room but are being worked like galley slaves as there are no viable alternatives so sometimes, like at Sheffield Wednesday, we disappear without trace through injuries, lack of squad depth and exhaustion.

We attack with pace and purpose and can play some beautiful football in tight spaces and we will always create chances - but can we defend well enough to keep a rampant Blades team out?

Probably not but it will be a good open game which I am really looking forward to.

How about some praise for a number of ‘Utd’s and not a single ‘Sheffield’?

I enjoyed watching Brentford last season, at the Lane I thought they were the third best team after us and Fulham. If they come and play and we outfootball them it should be a good night.

They don't really seem to rate a player who has arguably done as much to make us challengers as anyone else in John Egan

In the same way some on here believe Brooks and DCL wouldn’t get into our current side, despite been worth about x4 times our most valuable player and both currently doing well in mid table premiership teams.

It’s like when you see your ex bird who you found stunning at the time, but now point out her fat arse and keepy uppy tits to your mates to lessen the loss

In the same way some on here believe Brooks and DCL wouldn’t get into our current side, despite been worth about x4 times our most valuable player and both currently doing well in mid table premiership teams.

It’s like when you see your ex bird who you found stunning at the time, but now point out her fat arse and keepy uppy tits to your mates to lessen the loss
Who doesn't think Brooks would get into our current side?

This Pinchy bait sure is ripe

th

Well they appointed Dean Smith (who did a cracking job for Brentford) six months before CW came here, and Wilder resigned at Oxford nearly 2 years before Smith joined Brentford, I don't see where Chris would ever have been on their 'shopping list'.

Before we appointed Uwe Rosler.

Will I have to explain again why it made good business sense for us to sell John Egan? :)Ironically, we now play 3 centre backs so he'd come in handy right now.

2 away wins all season suggest that we'll get nowt but we also think we can give anyone a game so why not travel with hope?

No matter how many times we score wonderfully worked goals (see the second on Saturday) or Norwood hits 50 yard pass onto a sixpence we are still going to be considered Big, Direct, Set piece orientated and physical to deal with aren’t we?

Makes me want to win games like this even more.

Nobody on our site thinks this .

Back
Top Bottom