Roy's View From... Pre-match View From Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“Routine win? Is this a server glitch from 2004?”

That amusing comment in reply to someone else sums up where a great many of Arsenal's supporters still think they should be.

Let's see a graphical representation of Arsenal's fortunes since 2004:
1571391697006.jpeg

Finally some respect for us starting to be shown after seeing some of our performances.

Much appreciated as always Roy .

I agree with opposition fans that we’re a ‘physical’ side.

We are.

Never give the opposition a moment’s peace. Always breathing down their necks. Always aggressive in the tackle and the press. Always close to them and let them “know we’re there”. Lots of small fouls given away that reflect this.

It’s not dirty but it’s certainly a physical and aggressive approach we take when we don’t have the ball.

It’s a big factor in why we conceded very few high-quality chances last season. We don’t allow it to happen through our aggression and physicality. It’s hard work creating chances against us (in the main).

That’s how I define us as ‘physical’: not a team of 6ft 5 giants but all of the above.

Thanks Roy, wow they are really not looking forward to this are they? Very negative fans, I hope the players are of the same mindset & bottle it.

”poor quality side” (tick)
”somewhat physical” (tick)
“organised” (tick)
”play with passion” (tick)
”routine win for us” (tick)
“Sheffield” (tick)
”relegation fodder” (tick)
”will raise their game” (tick)

2-0 United (tick)

😎
Corrected last sentence.

“Sheffield UNITED ffs. I’m picking people up on this, you’re not the only. Two teams in Sheffield so we should call them by their full name”

Definitely written by someone from this forum. 😂

Obvious pig comment. The rest of the world's forgotten about Wednesday.

Cheers Roy! Bright and breezy at 6.33 a.m. I'm shuffling around like an extra from the Walking Dead at that time in a morning....

That first one- the parallels between Herbert Chapman and Chris Wilder are astounding even at this early stage in Wilder's career.

I don't think we'll be winning the title three times in a row but overlapping centre backs are a whole lot sexier than hoof and all the other dross we were subjected to during the Six Years.

“Sheffield UNITED ffs. I’m picking people up on this, you’re not the only. Two teams in Sheffield so we should call them by their full name”

😂😂😂

That one blind-sided me. I'd got tired of people whinging at opposition fans calling us 'Sheffield' and now the opposition fans are whinging about their own fans doing it. I am having an existential moment.*

* Don't worry. Almost time to hit the pub.

Well Arsenal fans have surprised me, more well rounded comments than I thought! And someone pointing out we are “Sheffield United” - well done that man!!

Now let’s make sure that their concerns about coming to a noisy Bramall Lane on a Monday night under the lights do happen. A decent amount of tickets still left but let’s make it noisy and as uncomfortable as we can. Love the atmosphere on a night game when we are all up for it

Cheers Roy. Nice Balanced comments from the gooners fans😊. Some have actually watched us play😳. UTB ⚔️⚔️⚔️

All very good, but we need to keep the results coming in if we want to see these sorts of views become the norm.

“Sheffield Utd are a newly promoted team.
We should be beating them by a big margin. Come the end of the season they’ll most likely be relegation fodder.
We have a good attack force…and that’s about it.”

This an AI experiment, right?

Yep Sheffield United and Sheffield United ladies

Well that took me by surprise. In the main balanced educated views with only a couple of bellends.

Cheers Roygbiv great work and a good Pod with Beans this week. Have the weekend off, recharge the batteries and then crank us some good content next week.

Some well thought out comments in there. Apart from the usual southern bellendery, the football thinking shines through. This is the first time viewfrom has given some well considered respect to the team and its true capability.
The Blades performance has brought us some proper football respect at last.
I see us winning this.
Thanks Roy

alex scott has it down for 1-4 on the beeb website :D .. seriously?
knows nothing.. when did we last let in four at home silent??

interesting how the bigger clubs tend to be quite balanced whereas the smaller ones like Norwich come across as a bunch of dicks

It's the entitlement of some of them that gets me. Bournemouth and Palace I think were the worst this season

Back
Top Bottom