Pre Match Routine

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yank

I don't get no respect!
Reaction score
Obviously I watched or listened to the Blades at home this season, but just like my other sports teams I follow(NFL,NHL,etc) I tend to have a routine before they start.

For the Blades games this season, I always listened to some hard rock,especially Metallica, started drinking some nice beers about an hour before KO, had dump right before KO, and usually enjoyed some good food throughout.

Superstitious aspect of this is not washing Blades shirt I have when I first started watching Blades all the way till we clinched promotion.:D

Anyone else have a routine they do each and every matchday? Superstitious or other? Or just depends on what mood your in?

Not really, go to the chippy opposite the Kop before kick off, that's about it.

Work. Race back from Donny when I finish at 12. Home, changed and then The Railway meeting my mates for 2 or 3 before walking over to the Kop at a quarter to kick off. General abuse at each other, through the turnstile and a piss before entering the hallowed Shoreham Street Kop and worshipping, with a fast beating heart and feelings of trepidation, my Mighty Blades. COYRAWW!!!!

Depends if I'm working in the morning or not, but, lift to Hedley bottom, or tram from Halfway to Granville, then a few beers before the game, don't have a regular boozer on match day, just whichever is next enroute, sometimes grad summat to eat, then in just before kick-off.

Park in the same spot, buy the same programme from the same programme seller, stand in the same spot i always do in the pre-match warm up

Didn't sing "we are going up" until we are ACTUALLY up

Up early hours, wake everybody up with a superstitious playlist of music I don’t even particularly like, but it has to go on because we won last time it was played, breakfast from the same sandwich shop, lucky few shits, the same bus to London road (god forbid it be delayed), meet mates and have just enough drink to numb any nerves. Always go through the same turnstile, get a pint from the same window, put the same bet on, have a piss in the same particular place, then walk up the gangway on the same side of the barrier.

So nope, not really :D

I'm highly superstitious. It's so bad that I have just got to go to the pub before every game, without fail...…..

Oh, and after the match too.;)

For the Blades games this season, I always listened to some hard rock,especially Metallica, started drinking some nice beers about an hour before KO, had dump right before KO, and usually enjoyed some good food throughout.

Are we talking about the same BDTBL that I know?!!

I have genuinely influenced games this year by going for a pre-match run. No word of a lie. It was just a shame it took me until the Bristol City defeat to realise this. And I apologise for being hungover x2 (Millwall at home, Stoke away) and getting food poisoning (Birmingham away) otherwise it would've been a clean run of victories to the title. I'll do better next season.

Place "Loyse :oops:" on Not a Cheat's Matchday thread.
Put on socks with some red in them, under crackers in mostly red and red and white van sneakers.
If we are at home ensure, that if I am counting anything I end on a number where the first is greater than the last (2-1).
If we are away vica versa (34).
If we are at home walk round obstacles such as tables to the left.
If we are away go right.
Leave house wearing same blue Barbour jacket and blue scarf however hot it is as it is lucky.
Enter stadium at a turnstile where (because we are at home) the first number is greater than the last. (70 or 71)
Walk up steps on left hand side.
Sit in seat 21
If we are away and not going then turn off all media and hide until game over and find out result by establishing from S24SU whether there is a meltdown.

Maybe I should get out more:confused:

When we travel to the game:
- catch early flight from Belfast to Liverpool
- pick up hire car and drive to Sheffield
- stop at shops near swillsbrough for sweets and drinks (dunno the area - tkmaxx, Poundland etc)
- sneer as we drive past swillsbrough
- park as close to Bdtbl as possible and head to club shop.
- wait in carpark so young lad can meet players
- head to a salt and battered for the special (always with rissole and curry sauce)
- take our seats about 45 mins before ko and lament that we can't attend every week.

- Get up and put lucky red and white stripey socks on.
- Take the wife out for breakfast and shopping in order to earn browny points for the rest of the day
- Get to a pub around 2 and a half hours before KO to meet my pals
- Have a smoke at the same point on the way to the ground every week
- Watch dem blades win.

Banker's Draft 11am
Benny Hunt 11.30 am
Yates' 12-2.45pm
Taxi to Lane-2.46pm

Out of desperation I tried a new pre match routine for the Bristol City match. Basically it involved cycling to Paris, starting a small fire in a Cathedral and then cycling back just in time for kick off. I thought "this is getting silly, I can't do this every home game". Luckily we lost so no harm done.

04:30 - wake up and sacrifice a Shetland pony in the name of our dark lord Beelzebub and ask him to bless our great club with success, “nonce” goalkeepers, terrorist funding and “rapist” one season goal scoring wonders

05:15 - once the blood is weshed away by my Nan, I fry me up some Shetland pony bacon (waste not want not) and drink a big steaming mug or Yorkshire Tea with two sugars

06:00 - Shower and shit. Sometimes shit in the shower then turn the shower head to full power and blast it down the plug hole

06:15 - Absinthe happy hour in the kitchen with my Nan

07:15 - Go to the ground and wait in the car park for kick off

Train to Sheff
Red Lion
Roebuck
Fanny’s
The Clubhouse
Ladbrokes inside kop
Watch Tuftyball
Repeat after

I've been parking in the same lucky parking spot since 2008. For some reason it seems to be getting luckier as time goes on, especially the last 3 seasons

Sandwich near home in Leeds
Bus into town
Fast train down
Pint in Railway
Watch players warming up from Kop
Game
Train home
Back at 7 usually

Back
Top Bottom