Potential Champ targets?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would say no one at the moment .because we dont know about injuries.mcburnie might suddenly find form .all november and december to decide.many who we are looking at might have a dip in form or get injured.sorry to spoil the party

I think they all have improved us its just theyve improved the players in there place

Fleck and Mcdizzle would not be playing as they are if we didnt have freeman who has looked very very good when given the chance and mcburnie and Robinson who have looked decentish

Fair point.

For me a CB has to be a priority because Jags and Stearman aren’t the quality cover options for Egan we need moving forwards.

Bugger the Champ - would Lucas Moura be out of our reach?

A cheeky £65m bid should do it 😉

I wouldn't mind us signing 1 or 2 experienced PL players that have gone to play abroad.

It will be interesting to see what kind of market we will be operating in now HRH is the one with the chequebook and not fighting against a co chairman.

Patrice Evra to come out of retirement? 🤭

Kalvin Philips would be a great signing but reckon we’d be priced out of him

Man U want Kalvin Phillips. And Ben White!

I like him a lot, but would Bowen fit our system? Does he still play out wide and cut in?
He does but he has all the skills to adapt. Started at LB. He is so good at the pressing side of the game too. Makes me think Wilder could get him to fit.

I’d love to see it...which position?...Fleck spot, up top or no10/Didsy role?
I'm picturing him in the Didsy role. Maybe fill in various roles till Didsy is done being awesome. His all round game is good enough and he knows where the net is.

Fair point.

For me a CB has to be a priority because Jags and Stearman aren’t the quality cover options for Egan we need moving forwards.

Completely agree think a replacement/cover for bash is most important.

For me Egan and occonell are 30/40 Million pound players now they’ve proved it at this level so getting an improvement on them is very hard

I'm picturing him in the Didsy role. Maybe fill in various roles till Didsy is done being awesome. His all round game is good enough and he knows where the net is.

Didsy play like he did against spurs nobody can come close to replacing him.

He was world class on that performance

Brentford (Sheff Utd B) seem to be our feeder club these days. With O’Connell, Egan and now possibly Watkins, it makes me think we should have had the full set with Maupay as well, instead of the big Loiner.

I wonder if we could get Shakiri from Liverpool on the cheap.

Someone tell me more about Phillips from Leeds. Has cropped up a number of times but I’ve not seen much of him this season. Am I right in thinking he’s a stand-out Champ player this season?

If so, what does he offer us? Who does he replace/push for a place?

Someone tell me more about Phillips from Leeds. Has cropped up a number of times but I’ve not seen much of him this season. Am I right in thinking he’s a stand-out Champ player this season?

If so, what does he offer us? Who does he replace/push for a place?
He's nick Montgomery with a trendy hairdo

CM/hybrid CB Kalvin Phillips - Weeds
Striker - Karlon Grant - Uddersfield
CB - Nathan Wood - Boro

Brannigan from Oxford would bd a cheapish punt gif a lad with potential. If like us to buy him and loan him back to a club in the first division i.e. Millers or Donnie.

Could genuinely be a premier league player this lad if he evolves.

Brentford (Sheff Utd B) seem to be our feeder club these days. With O’Connell, Egan and now possibly Watkins, it makes me think we should have had the full set with Maupay as well, instead of the big Loiner.

We should go back and find another because it's a rare case of all signings benefiting all parties.

Whoever it is we'll over-pay for them and it won't matter to Brentford because it's certain to be a player who doesn't fit into their system.

So good news all round.

I'd be surprised if Utd sign more than a couple in Jan - another midfielder and perhaps another option up front

In terms of who, that is trickier. Prising players from teams who don't want/need to sell is always difficult and I think CW will be after players that will improve the team/squad immediately. There'll be no chance of landing some players mentioned like Phillips, Watkins etc. I reckon the midfielder might be an athletic box to box type like Etebo from Stoke and the striker someone like Bowen who can notch but is also comfortable dropping deeper or going wider - this will be key if CW sticks with a flat 3 in midfield.

Back
Top Bottom