Possible Summer Targets - Premier League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Never expected to start this thread so soon.

Goalkeepers

Dean Henderson - Hopefully permanently with a buy back clause.

Neil Etheridge
- A good alternative. Had a good season for Cardiff.

Jamal Blackman - If Chelsea fancy selling at a reasonable price I'd have him back, but not as number 1.

Defenders

Reece James - We'll undoubtedly be interested, as will others. But I don't see why we couldn't get him. There are at least two positions for him in our team and he'd play regularly.

Mason Holgate - The other obvious loan option for RWB/RCB. He'd be a great fit in both positions. Quick, athletic and good technically. Definitely one we'll consider.

Jake Cooper - Previously of interest to us. Aerially dominant and left footed. Think we're likely to go for him because he'd be upgraded competition at CB, and finally proper cover for O'Connell at LCB.

Tosin Adarabioyo - Composed ball playing defender with height and agility to go with it. Could play CB or RCB. Man City likely to loan him out again.

Matt Lowton - His defensive game will have improved at Burnley, and he might welcome the chance to come back and play in a RWB position that would suit his natural attacking instincts.

Krystian Bielik - Still contracted to Arsenal at 21, and has impressed for Charlton. Tall, agile and good on the ball. A natural defender who's been playing in midfield this season. Could be a good backup/development player for RCB and CM.

James Justin - 20 year old right back who's very comfortable at left back, where he's played this season for Luton. Another possible backup/development player. Has the attributes for wing back.

Jack Robinson - Solid player who's equally comfortable at LB or LCB. Hard to think of many for this area of the pitch given they'd only be squad players.

Greg Cunningham - See Robinson. Cardiff signed him for £3.5m from Preston, where he was very highly rated.

Midfielders

Calum Chambers - Has been one of Fulham's top performers this season in midfield having played more in defence previously. His quality on the ball has surprised me. This makes him a great option for CM or RCB. Still an Arsenal player though and may be a bit unrealistic.

Philip Billing - Tall, strong and technically good left footed central midfielder. Only 22 years old. Lot of potential. Huddersfield will probably sell for the right price.

Leandro Bacuna - Signed for Cardiff in January. Useful utility player. Athletic, versatile, hardworking and decent on the ball. Experienced at PL level but still quite young at 27. Would cover CM and RWB nicely.

Ryan Woods - Needs to leave Stoke. Very good, composed ball player who could also cover RWB.

Mo Diame - Already popular with our fans. The sort of strong all rounder we could do with. Out of contract at Newcastle. Wages might be high, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility.

George Saville - May be a surprising name but he's a left footed combative all round midfielder who can also cover LWB.

Luca Connell - Looked very promising as a 17 year old against us for Bolton. Comparable to Modric and Fleck. One for the long term possibly.

Jack Colback - Likely to be available from Newcastle. Would be direct Fleck competition. And another who can cover LWB.

Tom Davies - Showed a lot of promise at Everton but has stagnated. Can play deeper or more advanced. Agile, gets about the pitch well and has quality on the ball. Could be allowed out on loan.

Luke Freeman - He's ready made for the Duffy role. Skillful, clever, creative and scores goals. He's had a very good season with QPR, and has even been given the captaincy. He's stepped up a level, and I'm sure his best years are still ahead of him.

Romaine Sawyers - Skillful, versatile midfielder who links play nicely and can run with the ball. Has some similar traits to McGoldrick.

Mason Mount - Chelsea will probably want him in the PL next season. I think he's capable of filling the Duffy role, and also dropping deeper.

Alex Pritchard - Attacking midfielder with plenty of ability. Right footed ball carrier who can play wide or central. Would benefit from leaving Huddersfield. Could possibly be moulded into a Duffy type of player.

Attackers

Oliver McBurnie - A real all round centre forward. He's had an impressive goalscoring season for Swansea, with 21 league goals. Something many probably don't realise is that he's still only 22. Expect us to be interested, as I believe we were early last summer before being priced out.

Shane Long - Another previous target and likely future target. It would make complete sense. He's a decent all rounder who works hard, and is still quick. He's even started scoring again, but that could make him harder to sign.

Callum Robinson - Wide attacker who would've probably had 20 goals this season had he not missed 4 months through injury. Pacy, agile ball carrier who can play all across the line and go either way with the ball. The injury's not ideal, but this could help us get him cheaper, in addition to the fact he's into the last year of his contract. Knows Egan and Stevens from Ireland. Rumoured previous target too. Strong chance we'll be in for him. Hope so.

Sam Vokes - Proven target man at PL level. I've rated him ever since we had him on loan, and think he'd still be a good fit for us.

Karlan Grant - Huddersfield's bright spark after signing in January from Charlton for only £2m. He's one they'll fight to keep but would be the right type to go for.

Steve Mounie - Decent centre forward who's struggled a bit in a poor Huddersfield team. Proved he can score goals in his first season. Only 24. They might want to unload his wages.

Ollie Watkins - Powerful, direct goal threat who plays out wide or up front. Known to be rated by our management when he was at Exeter. Would be cheaper and more realistic than Maupay.

Harry Wilson - Very talented player with a wand of a left foot. Constant goal threat, and positionally flexible. As one of two behind a striker he'd be excellent.

Kemar Roofe - Athletic, hardworking and versatile player who I think would fit in very well here. As long as he gets fully fit again then his best is still to come.

Kenneth Zohore - An interesting one where I think 'how would he do in our team'. I think he's got the attributes for PL level but hasn't got back on his best form for Cardiff. Maintain and build his fitness, and I think he'd do well.

Gary Madine - I don't see why he couldn't be a handful in the PL, especially from the bench. We'll want someone of his ilk. Think we'll sign him.

Add your suggestions/possible signings. Think this one could go on indefinitely!

• Banned
In b4 obligatory "we buying them all then" comment

Joe Lolley at Forest
I still think we may have a chance of Maupay - given our "Brentford connection" - it's the sort of quality we should be looking for.

You've ruled out Scott Hogan, then?

• Banned
Joe Lolley at Forest
I still think we may have a chance of Maupay - given our "Brentford connection" - it's the sort of quality we should be looking for.

You've ruled out Scott Hogan, then?

Lolley's a frustrating one because I think we were very close to signing him in August 2017 for about 800k. Think he'd be a bit expensive now.

I'm not keen on Hogan. Doesn't really suit us and if we're to sign someone like that, I'd prefer someone who gets on the ball and influences play more.

I'd have the other full back at Swansea, Conor Roberts

Agree that Roberts is worth a look. Can play on both sides too.

Matt Grimes - I've just seen that he's won the Swansea player of the season awards. I put him on last summer's thread after he'd been at Northampton, and he's obviously kicked on this season in the Championship. Left footed, hardworking, versatile, tidy. Can cover LCM, LWB and even LCB. 23 years old. Seems like exactly the type we'd go for.

RCB - Fosu-Mensah
LCB - Tyrone Mings
LWB - Joe Bryan
LWB - Barry Douglas
CM - Aaron Mooy
CAM - Tom Cairney
CAM - Bradley Dack
CAM - Pascal Gross (if Brighton go down)
CAM/ST - Matej Vydra
ST - Tammy Abraham
RCB - Reece Oxford

Maybe worth a punt on Matt Clarke at Portsmouth, LCB, competition for O’Connell. team of the year I think. 22 year old had a lot of experience for his age, will get better is well.
Jay Da Silva- on loan from Chelsea, competition for Stevens? Been on loan at Bristol this season

An ideal bunch for me at this point...

Dean Henderson - £6m (with buy back clause)
Reece James - Loan
Jake Cooper - £4m
Calum Chambers - Loan
George Saville - £6m
Luke Freeman £6m
Callum Robinson - £6m
Shane Long - £3m
Oliver McBurnie - £9m

Total: £40m + loan fees. Too ambitious?

A lot of physical improvement to the squad there. Every position covered. We will need at least 8 signings.

GK: Henderson, Moore
RWB: James, Baldock, Freeman
RCB: Basham, James, Cranie
CB: Egan, Cooper, Stearman
LCB: O'Connell, Cooper
LWB: Stevens, Saville
RCM: Chambers, Norwood, Coutts, James
LCM: Fleck, Saville
AM: Freeman, Duffy, Robinson, McGoldrick
CF: Sharp, McGoldrick, McBurnie, Long, Robinson

I will no doubt get absolutely shot down for this, but what about Danny Wellbeck?
He started the season promisingly at arsenal before having a season ending injury. He is available on a free. They aren’t renewing him.

Huge wages no doubt, but with relegation clause in his contract (both parties would want that), surely it’s worth a chat?

I’ve seen a few different suggestions at his current salary, from 70-140/week

So if it’s 140, that’s about 7m/year. No transfer fee!

I think our defense and midfield need only tweaking, but I do honestly feel we need some real premier league class upfront to survive.

Maupay would definitely be worth an enquiry in my opinion, a good option to push any of the current strike force. He's quick, tricky very mobile and knows where the back of the net is. Proven in the championship season after season and I'm absolutely shocked nobody has gone in for him from the premiership yet as he's still relatively young.

Dean Henderson is the one I'd like us to seriously go all in for. Future England goalkeeper without a shadow of a doubt.

I will no doubt get absolutely shot down for this, but what about Danny Wellbeck?
He started the season promisingly at arsenal before having a season ending injury. He is available on a free. They aren’t renewing him.

Huge wages no doubt, but with relegation clause in his contract (both parties would want that), surely it’s worth a chat?

I’ve seen a few different suggestions at his current salary, from 70-140/week

So if it’s 140, that’s about 7m/year. No transfer fee!

I think our defense and midfield need only tweaking, but I do honestly feel we need some real premier league class upfront to survive.
It’s a no from me, injury prone, primarily a winger, don’t think he is very good, fooking expensive wages/signing in fee and will probably have other PL suitors.

If we were going for a big wage player I would rather go for giroud. Says he would “take a step down” and nice are interested.

We need something a little bit different at the business end of the pitch.

We can't really afford Prem players - so good quality Champ players.

Bowen of Hull is one we should target - he scores goals from outside the box - we generally don't

He's also got pace - which we haven't got a lot of.

We quite simply have to spend to give ourselves the chance to stay - to do that you need a Little bit of quality near the top of the pitch.

UTB

Gk - deano (loan)
Rwb - Kyle walker-Peters (loan)
Rcb - Mason Holgate (buy)
CB - jags if it makes sense. Leave it if not.
Lcb - unsure as would 100% be a cover player. Maybe another cranie type signing, but left footed.
Lwb - Greg Taylor (buy) Kilmarnock. Can play Lcm too.
Cm - will vaulks (buy) mo diame (free)
Cam/cm - Ryan Christie (buy) Celtic.
Cam - nick Powell (free) if he passes a didsy style fitness test.
St - oli mcburnie (buy)
St - Callum Robinson (buy)

There will be some frees around that I'm sure cw will be knowing about as well. Also possibly a foreign loan or 2

Gk - deano (loan)
Rwb - Kyle walker-Peters (loan)
Rcb - Mason Holgate (buy)
CB - jags if it makes sense. Leave it if not.
Lcb - unsure as would 100% be a cover player. Maybe another cranie type signing, but left footed.
Lwb - Greg Taylor (buy) Kilmarnock. Can play Lcm too.
Cm - will vaulks (buy) mo diame (free)
Cam/cm - Ryan Christie (buy) Celtic.
Cam - nick Powell (free) if he passes a didsy style fitness test.
St - oli mcburnie (buy)
St - Callum Robinson (buy)

There will be some frees around that I'm sure cw will be knowing about as well. Also possibly a foreign loan or 2
I'd add Joe Hart (free) as a alternative to deano. Would free up another Prem loan

Oddly enough, a couple of people mentioned interest in Diame on Saturday. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it.

I suspect CW will be interested in Abraham but McBurnie is a more realistic target.

I've been a fan of Ryan Woods ever since he had that stormer playinh RB for Shrews against Utd a few years back and I think would be a good fit. His stock will be relatively low at the moment after struggling to make an impact at Stoke.

Some really good suggestions bit I would have thought that CW would be more keen to get players with Prem experience rather than only have done well in the Champ. They'll be a very inexperienced and potentially naive group if not.

Dean Henderson (perm) (22)
Reece James (19)
Fikayo Tomori (21) Derby poty
Adam Webster (24) Bristol poty
Jarrod Bowen (22) read an interesting theory that as the hull owner wants out, he might accept a lower fee if there was more cash upfront
Che Adams (22) May be affordable due to the sell on
Oliver McBurnie (22)

A lot of this players will probably be players of the year for there clubs which Wilder likes.

I reckon James would have to be a loan to make the rest financially possible. I think priority has to be permanently signing quality Strikers.

Purposely picked young players as I feel we have the experienced heads in the dressing room already, we need to start building for the future.

Before people jump on the fees as well I’ve two points
1. We need to sign players of this quality whilst we’re an attractive club to go to and we have the money. No point trying to loan strikers and attract them if we’re relegated.
2. Realistically if just ONE of those players is a success it would finance the others

Would be ideally be trying to go for higher end championship players for me , top would be the likes of maupy and sawyers, two great players with a lot of creativity and flair who would suit our style of play, tyrone mings another player who's been very consistent with villa this season ,likes of Jarod Bowen but saying all this the asking price for maupy and Bowen would be looking unto 15 million and upwards, would we be willing to pay that kind of money, will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months, aswell all depending on who gets sole ownership of the club.

An ideal bunch for me at this point...

Dean Henderson - £6m (with buy back clause)
Reece James - Loan
Jake Cooper - £4m
Calum Chambers - Loan
George Saville - £6m
Luke Freeman £6m
Callum Robinson - £6m
Shane Long - £3m
Oliver McBurnie - £9m

Total: £40m + loan fees. Too ambitious?

A lot of physical improvement to the squad there. Every position covered. We will need at least 8 signings.

GK: Henderson, Moore
RWB: James, Baldock, Freeman
RCB: Basham, James, Cranie
CB: Egan, Cooper, Stearman
LCB: O'Connell, Cooper
LWB: Stevens, Saville
RCM: Chambers, Norwood, Coutts, James
LCM: Fleck, Saville
AM: Freeman, Duffy, Robinson, McGoldrick
CF: Sharp, McGoldrick, McBurnie, Long, Robinson

Ollie McBurnie for £9m! I think you'd be nearer if you doubled that fee! He's still only 22 and has scored 21 goals for an average Swansea team this season. He would be a terrific addition though I think and worth the money Swansea will demand because he has so much potential and would really suit our play.

Out of all them Callum Robinson is the one I would like. Maupay if we can get him would be perfect competion for Sharp.

We need good cover at RCB, LCB and LB. Rumour has it we've looked at Lenihan again for RCB. For me Mason Holgate or Tosin would also be good cover but we would have to purchase as we only have two loans in the Prem and I doubt Man U will sell Henderson. Agree about getting Jamal back as No.2. We need good competition in goal.

Left back possibly Amari Bell at Blackburn and Matt Clarke at Portsmouth looks a real prospect to compete with Jack.

Centre back cover agree on Cooper but very impressed with Mings at Villa also. Villa relatives tell me Bournemouth won't sell and neither will Chelsea regarding Abrahams.

Midfield always liked Ryan Woods but Leroy Fer is out of contract at Swansea, cheaper option and we will need a combatative midfielder in the prem.

Number 10 to compete with Duffy hardest to fill in our price range. Bowen could play here. He turned down Cardiff in a £12 million deal in January and Leicester are now sniffing. Not sure if Luke Freeman will cut it in a higher division.

Forwards McBurnie, Swansea struggling financially £10 mill may do it. Abrahams as the second loan.

Back
Top Bottom