Possible Summer Targets - Premier League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks for pulling all this and all the other info together Ricky - very good of you and an interesting read.

If CW, either through his tight@rse Yorkshire DNA or budgetary constraints, is looking at bargains, then I'm sure some of these names will be on the list, particularly Sawyers, Roofe, Robinson, Jutkiewicz and probably Long, although he is one I must admit I don't get. Non-scoring strikers is not an area I think needs recruiting to.

We've been linked to a lot of those players previously too.

Namely J.Robinson, Bell, Sawyers, Roofe, C.Robinson, Long and Zohore.

Again, I look at it from a 'how could they do for us' point of view, and think a lot of them could be shrewd signings.

Lukas Jutkiewicz is exactly the type of S**thouse striker we need in the prem. Long would be a shout if his wages were reasonable.

Lukas Jutkiewicz is exactly the type of S**thouse striker we need in the prem. Long would be a shout if his wages were reasonable.
I really do not rate Shane Long. He's barely scored any goals since leaving Reading, is well into his 30s and will be on high wages, as you allude to.

Jutkiewicz or McBurnie are better options (more so the latter, whose stock is likely to increase).

Last year of contracts

Jack Robinson
Harlee Dean
Amari Bell
Ben Osborn
Jack Colback
James McCarthy
Andre Dozzell
Mateusz Klich
Romaine Sawyers
Kemar Roofe
Callum Robinson
Lukas Jutkiewicz
Connor Wickham
Shane Long
Kenneth Zohore

That's certainly of interest.

Not really rated Sawyers before, but the new deep role he played for against Leeds he was really good and a good addition. Add Callum Robinson and not sure I am bothered about the rest, except Bell as a back up.

He will surely go out on loan next season but you would have to think it may be to the Championship..?

Charlie Austin is on his way out of Southampton, wouldn't be surprised if we made an enquiry but expect his wages may be an issue. Having said that, I can't see him going to existing lower end Prem teams, (maybe Palace and possibly Brighton/Cardiff if they stay up) so a promoted team is probably his only option of remaining in the top flight.

Charlie Austin is average to gash. Check his stats.
He would be a disastrous idea.
Is Ings still at Liverpool. At saints on loan. Maybe a loan next season?

Our forward line outscored there’s. So to improve we should sign there’s?

I love this message board.
You're looking at it from an extremely simplistic point of view.

They've scored a similar amount to Billy and Didsy. They have attributes they don't have. All 4 are different players. They would compliment our forward line immensely.

Our forward line outscored there’s. So to improve we should sign there’s?

I love this message board.

So tell me out of these 2 forward lines which you would prefer?

Sharp, Didzy, Madine & Hogan or Sharp, Didzy, Juke & Adams.

I'll give you a hint. One lot scored 43 goals between them and the other lot scored 73.

Whichever way you dress it up we'll need at least 2 more strikers possibly 3. We could do a lot worse than these 2 and as Akinbiyi says above all offer something different, which we'll need.

So tell me out of these 2 forward lines which you would prefer?

Sharp, Didzy, Madine & Hogan or Sharp, Didzy, Juke & Adams.

I'll give you a hint. One lot scored 43 goals between them and the other lot scored 73.

Whichever way you dress it up we'll need at least 2 more strikers possibly 3. We could do a lot worse than these 2 and as Akinbiyi says above all offer something different, which we'll need.

Sharp, Didzy, Juke & Adams please....

Cairney and Mitrovic (Fulham)
Hernández (Leeds)
Mendez-Laing (Cardiff)
Abraham and McGinn (Villa)
Phillips and Gayle (West Brom)

Why is no one coming up with a list of players from the academy?

Thought that was the future and money well spent?

I know he's now well out of our reach, but how ideal would Coady be for the overlapping CB role and general squad depth in several positions?

Why is no one coming up with a list of players from the academy?

Thought that was the future and money well spent?

Absolutely Mad that people are still coming after the academy....

By my counting :

Brooks
Dominic Calvert Lewis
Harry maguire
Matty lowton
Steven Quinn
Kyle naughton
Kyle walker
Ramsdale

Not to mention Billy fucking sharp

It’s literally produced the worlds most expensive defender! Half of England’s WC semi final back line. It’s basically a premier league side when at their peaks.

And that’s without jags and tonge being included (if they count as pre investment.)

Its even been funded by the sales of not quite good enough players like slew, Reed, long, Whiteman etc and plenty of other league players. Miss management and piss poor appointments pre wilder are the reason we haven’t reaped more of th rewards from the academy but the sell on fees along have more than settled the outlay.

You obviously must have missed the academy graduate we sold for £12m and subsequently funded our promotion season. Forget his name, though.

In the past, we've sold every fucker thats come out of there.

I asked who's coming through now so we don't have to buy in, thought that was what its for.

Absolutely Mad that people are still coming after the academy....

By my counting :

Brooks
Dominic Calvert Lewis
Harry maguire
Matty lowton
Steven Quinn
Kyle naughton
Kyle walker
Ramsdale

Not to mention Billy fucking sharp

It’s literally produced the worlds most expensive defender! Half of England’s WC semi final back line. It’s basically a premier league side when at their peaks.

And that’s without jags and tonge being included (if they count as pre investment.)

Its even been funded by the sales of not quite good enough players like slew, Reed, long, Whiteman etc and plenty of other league players. Miss management and piss poor appointments pre wilder are the reason we haven’t reaped more of th rewards from the academy but the sell on fees along have more than settled the outlay.

Point proved, we sell every fucker.

Now we may stop that but I've not seen one post that states we should be able to keep XY and Z.

Its all buy him, buy him.

Now we may stop that but I've not seen one post that states we should be able to keep XY and Z.

I don’t think there’s anyone who is at the required level, unfortunately. As far as I know, there’s no one in the academy who’s close to Championship level, let alone PL level. The nearest, I believe, are Regan Slater, Rhys Norrington Davies and Tyler Smith...and maybe Harvey Gilmour but I don’t think any of them are ready for the step up to the first team squad yet..I could be wrong... Ball_Sup (Phil) knows most about them, maybe he can put us straight.

I agree with that - but that’s mainly the fault of appointing a succession of clowns between warnock and wilder and pissing away our chances of holding onto these players.

We had to sell brooks and ultimately it allowed us to bring in Egan and Norwood and the loan signings in jan and was the right move.

Even if it’s not academy grads - we would have lost hendo, JoC, fleck and possibly Stevens if we hadn’t gone up this year.

Or would be great if we had the next Brooks and maguire immediately but that unlikely. Hopefully we are now in a better position to spend more on the scouting and infrastructure to allow us to recruit and develop better young players. The academy took a back seat imo when we were L1 and is going to need time to catch up.

I don’t think there’s anyone who is at the required level, unfortunately. As far as I know, there’s no one in the academy who’s close to Championship level, let alone PL level. The nearest, I believe, are Regan Slater, Rhys Norrington Davies and Tyler Smith...and maybe Harvey Gilmour but I don’t think any of them are ready for the step up to the first team squad yet..I could be wrong... Ball_Sup (Phil) knows most about them, maybe he can put us straight.

Exactly this.

It’s a results business. I was sad to see whiteman go last season as i thought he had something.... But realistically he was miles behind fleck and Norwood and even lunny and coutts.

That gap between the academy aides is only going to grow as we play PL football but Hopefully the PL windfall is used to drive the academy forward again with resources and staff... so that we can pick up the cream of the local area again and see the fruits of the work in a few years.

Thanks for the update.

Exactly this.

It’s a results business. I was sad to see whiteman go last season as i thought he had something.... But realistically he was miles behind fleck and Norwood and even lunny and coutts.

That gap between the academy aides is only going to grow as we play PL football but Hopefully the PL windfall is used to drive the academy forward again with resources and staff... so that we can pick up the cream of the local area again and see the fruits of the work in a few years.

i'm going to quote you in the reply, if you see the gap between the acedemy and the first team growing then why have it? You state that prem funding should see it doing what it did in the past - "It’s literally produced the worlds most expensive defender! Half of England’s WC semi final back line. It’s basically a premier league side when at their peaks" - proves that it has recently been a waste of time, especially if it needs to catch up.

Lets hope that when it catches up its not the season we come down, that would be so Blade like and just our luck.

i'm going to quote you in the reply, if you see the gap between the acedemy and the first team growing then why have it? You state that prem funding should see it doing what it did in the past - "It’s literally produced the worlds most expensive defender! Half of England’s WC semi final back line. It’s basically a premier league side when at their peaks" - proves that it has recently been a waste of time, especially if it needs to catch up.

Lets hope that when it catches up its not the season we come down, that would be so Blade like and just our luck.

From your recent posts, anyone would think the club had been relegated rather than promoted. Cheer up you miserable sod!

You say it has been a waste of time because the players are no longer here and I agree On face value if we had a squad of established home grown players it would be the absolute dream. I love nothing more than the thrill of seeing a bright young talent come through.

But we had been in league one for ages and we’lre losing money - imo the acadamy became a way of funding the first team by necessity. Over the past few years the sell of fees from maguire, walker etc have probably kept us afloat while we were losing money in league 1.

Not to mention decentish fee for dcl and Ramsdale. Those fees probably allowed is to bring in Moore and JOC in league one when we didn’t have a pot to piss in.

My hope is more resources dedicated to it mean that we will be in a position to see the academy graduates thrive again and make an impact going forward. At the very least we should be able to sell the graduates on our own terms for a while.

This is an aside but talk of academy and all that...wonder if Brooks is earning more than Fleck & Norwood will next season.

Back
Top Bottom