Possible Summer Targets - Premier League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Grappler

Reaction score
Bit early to list the playoff teams as any could join us plus a lot of those teams probably have a highly inflated opinion of their player's worth, so currently ignoring the top 6 and Bristol and Boro,also because the latter are just damaged goods!
Brentford - Konza, Maupay, Canos, Benrhama, Henry, Sawyers, Watkins.
Blackburn - Lenihan, Bell, Dack
Hull - Bowen, Grosicki
Swansea - Van der Hoorn, Naughton, Fer, James, Grimes, McBurnie
Reading - Moore, Swift
Millwall - Jake Cooper
Birmingham - Adams, Jota
Forest - Lolley
Preston - Davies, Robinson
Stoke - Woods
Wigan - Powell
Bolton - Connelly
Wednesday - no
Rotherham - no
Ipswich - no

The Pigs would. want top dollar from us, especially their deluded Chairman, and they don't have anyone I'd want. Westwood is injury prone. Bannan isn't an improvement. They'd ask too much for Joao who is erratic at best. Reach has as many detractors one month as fans the next and has the heart of a pea.
McBurnie and Adams are good shouts but I think that the rumours of other clubs looking to splash the cash on Adams puts him out of our range.

Lolley is another good young player.

To be honest, you lads on here must watch an awful lot more football than me, I only watch the EFL show on Quest, and then watch whoever we play at matches.

The Preston lads you mention above looked decent at Deepdale.

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Long shots...

Scott McTominay - If a situation develops where he's available for loan then he'd be an excellent signing.

Phil Foden - As above, but an even longer shot.

Aaron Mooy - Could be our new 'never gives the ball away'. But expensive.

Dan James - Very fast, exciting winger but I expect interest from top 10 clubs.

Che Adams - Credit to him for developing as he has. He's in superb shape now and has learned the centre forward role. Would be so ideal for us. But probably Leicester bound.

Jarrod Bowen
- Real goalscoring attacking midfielder, but a likely £15m+ price could rule us out.

Divock Origi - Would Liverpool loan him out? To us? Doubt it. But he's the sort of athletic all round attacker we could do with.

Josh Maja - Would Bordeaux sell him? Does he want to come back to England? Would be a good investment.

Dominic Solanke - Wages? Would he pass the Arsehole Test?

Fernando Forestieri - See above! He's the right type of player though and I'd back him to do well under good management.

HydeParkBlade

Reaction score
Long shots...

Scott McTominay - If a situation develops where he's available for loan then he'd be an excellent signing.

Phil Foden - As above, but an even longer shot.

Aaron Mooy - Could be our new 'never gives the ball away'. But expensive.

Dan James - Very fast, exciting winger but I expect interest from top 10 clubs.

Che Adams - Credit to him for developing as he has. He's in superb shape now and has learned the centre forward role. Would be so ideal for us. But probably Leicester bound.

Jarrod Bowen
- Real goalscoring attacking midfielder, but a likely £15m+ price could rule us out.

Divock Origi - Would Liverpool loan him out? To us? Doubt it. But he's the sort of athletic all round attacker we could do with.

Josh Maja - Would Bordeaux sell him? Does he want to come back to England? Would be a good investment.

Dominic Solanke - Wages? Would he pass the Arsehole Test?

Fernando Forestieri - See above! He's the right type of player though and I'd back him to do well under good management.
You made some great shouts earlier in the thread but you've gone and ruined it with this monstrosity.

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
And Foden.
I did say 'long shots'...

Foden could do with playing a full season of regular football. Depending on City's summer recruitment, they could loan him out. Probably to someone like Wolves or Leicester, but we'd be far from the worst place for him to go.

Chali 2na

The Tuna fish that descended from Lake Michigan
Reaction score
Wasn't he referring to him going out on loan in January? (Didn't read whole article - Adblock blocked)
He was reffering to him going out on loan - made no mention of a specific window.

Considering Foden is on the fringe of the first team, you'd would suspect he has no intention of him going out on loan next season either.

Wards

Reaction score
Jay Dasilva? Personally thought he was the best oppo player I saw at the Lane. Be great competition for Enda.

Chali 2na

The Tuna fish that descended from Lake Michigan
Reaction score
According to this article, the following players are out of contract in the summer:

Josh Vela
Josh McEachran
Jordon Archer
Alan Browne
Jake Bidwell
Mike Van Der Hoorn
Redeem Harper

Others such as Westwood and Powell have already been mentioned too

BarryBigtime

Reaction score
Out of all them Callum Robinson is the one I would like. Maupay if we can get him would be perfect competion for Sharp.
I think Robinson is a really great shout. He's pacy, can still be developed and offers something we don't have. 7 in 17 this season is a damn good return and financially they have to sell players so I reckon £5m + add-ons could snag him. Whether he cuts it in PL is anyone's guess but he has the right physical attributes.

Reaction score
I'm guessing the following will go or will fall further down the pecking order -

Stearman: we are going to need a better version of him that's obvious. If Egan gets injured we cant have him as the only back up.
Heneghan: Loan again probably
Kean Bryan: I'd be surprised if we got rid of him completely most likely will be loaned
Lafferty: Released
Freeman: Is he good enough to be Baldocks back up? Baldock does get 1 or 2 injuries a year so we will need a back up.
Carruthers: Released from rest of his contract ? Not sure where he'd go, he cant get in the Oxford squad. Possibly league two?
Ricky Holmes: Released from the rest of his contract?
Nathan Thomas: Released or loaned
Ched: Possibly could get a bit of money for him, decent signing for most league one/ lower championship teams
Leon Clarke: Again should get some money for him.
Lavery: Probably be released
Coutts: I can see him being released unfortunately

Then we've got Marvin Johnson, Madine, Dowell and Hogan all going back and I'm not sure whether we'll look to sign any of them permanently.

With that in mind I think we'll be in the market for:

Henderson
Two centre halves? Cover at central and left side
LWB and RWB cover
One central midfielder
Attacking midfielder
Two strikers?

That's 8 signings excluding Henderson that we're probably looking at. I know we're not looking to overhaul the squad and ultimately the core will remain. I think we signed a similar number when we were promoted from League one.

blademark

Reaction score
I think Robinson is a really great shout. He's pacy, can still be developed and offers something we don't have. 7 in 17 this season is a damn good return and financially they have to sell players so I reckon £5m + add-ons could snag him. Whether he cuts it in PL is anyone's guess but he has the right physical attributes.
£5m on an exciting young player with bags of potential, or on Gary Madine. It's a tough one!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom