Possible Summer Targets - Premier League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

With Kelly going to Bournemouth, mings will almost certainly be leaving. If villa go up I expect him to go there. If not though...

Where would we play him? He's a brilliant player but his position is LCB. And Egan's cemented at CB.

Bournemouth would be crazy not to put him straight into their team next season anyway. He'll be CB playing next to Kelly at LB.

As for Kelly.... there's no way on earth we'd have got anywhere near £13m for him.

Not entirely true on DCL with regards to his reputation in the game. He had been in the England set up whilst with us and was tracked by Man City and Everton from the age of 14.

Lloyd Kelly from Bristol City to Bournemouth for £13m. If he was our player we'd have accepted half that.
Brooks ,fleck ,o 'connell

Where would we play him? He's a brilliant player but his position is LCB. And Egan's cemented at CB.

Bournemouth would be crazy not to put him straight into their team next season anyway. He'll be CB playing next to Kelly at LB.

As for Kelly.... there's no way on earth we'd have got anywhere near £13m for him.
Mings will not play cb in front of Nathan ake. If ake leaves then maybe.

Don't think Kelly will go straight into their team unless he surprises everyone, like Brooks.

Considering we turned down a similar figure for O'Connell, your last sentence strikes me as pretty baseless.

Ethan Pinnock - One I'd overlooked for the PL who ticks a lot of boxes. Left footed CB. Good physically. Barnsley's player of the season, despite playing on the right of the pairing. Turns 26 next week. Came up through non league. One year left on contract. Brentford apparently bid £3m in January - which is a good indicator, especially about his ability on the ball.

He couldn't turn down a PL move. Perfect example of a hungry player who'd give everything to make the step up. For around £3m he could be a great option to give O'Connell and Egan strong competition. We'll definitely have watched him.

With Kelly going to Bournemouth, mings will almost certainly be leaving. If villa go up I expect him to go there. If not though...

I wouldn't want Mings anywhere near this club. Some of his antics on the pitch have been disgusting.

Ethan Pinnock - One I'd overlooked for the PL who ticks a lot of boxes. Left footed CB. Good physically. Barnsley's player of the season, despite playing on the right of the pairing. Turns 26 next week. Came up through non league. One year left on contract. Brentford apparently bid £3m in January - which is a good indicator, especially about his ability on the ball.

He couldn't turn down a PL move. Perfect example of a hungry player who'd give everything to make the step up. For around £3m he could be a great option to give O'Connell and Egan strong competition. We'll definitely have watched him.
The thoughts of his ex gaffer at Dulwich gives a good insight,to how he could progress.

Like you said he went on the right side as well so he could also give Basham competition.

Was wondering if he could also do a good job at left back and came across this article which seems to sing his prices. Seems to indicate that he might be a bit sluggish so may be more at home in the Egan role than anything else.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...-Ethan-Pinnock-commanding-lacks-bit-pace.html

Pretty sure I'm dreaming with this one but....

M'Baye Niang - Centre forward or wide attacker previously of AC Milan who's promised much but not consistently delivered having been out on loan on a number of occasions. He's an athletic all rounder with good feet, a powerful shot and the spectacular in his locker. Right footed and often plays from the left. 24 years old, 6 foot 1. Contracted to Torino, who quickly shipped him out to Rennes, where he scored 11 in 29 league appearances (19 starts). Might be coming good. Not sure if Rennes will buy. Not sure if realistic for us. Exciting player though. Needs the right home.

Here, have a taster:

we should get Deni Alar from Rapid Vienna. he was absolutely tearing it up at Sturm Graz until Rapid recalled him and stuck him on the bench... great movement.. like a young Billy Sharp

Last edited:
Kasey Palmer - We've been linked already and I'm coming round to the idea of him. He's a flexible and skillful ball carrier with good potential and the ability to play anywhere behind a striker. Bound to leave Chelsea and could be good value.

Pretty sure I'm dreaming with this one but....

M'Baye Niang - Centre forward or wide attacker previously of AC Milan who's promised much but not consistently delivered having been out on loan on a number of occasions. He's an athletic all rounder with good feet, a powerful shot and the spectacular in his locker. Right footed and often plays from the left. 24 years old, 6 foot 1. Contracted to Torino, who quickly shipped him out to Rennes, where he scored 11 in 29 league appearances (19 starts). Might be coming good. Not sure if Rennes will buy. Not sure if realistic for us. Exciting player though. Needs the right home.

Here, have a taster:

You'd love him. He could be the Mathieu Manset of 2019 :D

Remember him as a 16 year old as one of my mates supports Caen. He was good even at that age.

Though him signing permanently for Rennes for 15m Euros only 6 days ago might be a sticking point!

Andy Yiadom - He's more than proven himself as one of the best full backs in the Championship after having an excellent season for a poor Reading team. He's athletic, good on the ball and crucially, can play on both sides. Used to be a winger so is naturally attack minded. Has played plenty of games on the left as well as his favoured right. Wing back is his ideal position. Additionally, it's safe to say he's a good professional with the right attitude given that was made captain at both Barnet and Barnsley.

I was with a Dingle who knows his football and likes us two weeks ago .

He said he's an excellent player and one who would suit us ideally .

Cool. I think it’d be a sensible signing. Leicester fans rated him very highly.

Might still be decent, but not exactly the young hungry type we need to be looking at.

Plus he’s knocked his girlfriend about previously - id steer clear and try from someone like yiadom instead

Apologies if already mentioned but could add some much needed firepower.

Attachments

• zg6H--B4.jpeg
    zg6H--B4.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 37
Cool. I think it’d be a sensible signing. Leicester fans rated him very highly.
Me too, as long as his wages aren't ridiculous. I'd guess he can play either RWB or RCB too and has bags of Premier League experience.

Luke Ayling - Definitely a 'Wilder player', would we go for him to play RWB if Baldock leaves? Would cover RCB nicely at the same time.

Kenneth Omeruo - Another Chelsea guy. Nigerian. Athletic. Front foot defender. Made for RCB, although he seems to have played on the left of a pair a fair amount. Will be leaving, although he says he prefers La Liga.

Back
Top Bottom