Portugal - Real Betis 12th July

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Malcolm from the Cricks did a great job last year in organising buses to the game from the Erins Isle boozer, Albufeira.
Hoping that summat similar will happen this time around.

He's mentioned it already, so something will be happening.

Well. There is The Algarve Stadium near Loule, just outside Faro. I've seen England play a friendly there & it was used in the EURO Finals, holds more than Bramall Lane....
I saw Louletano play there nearly 14 years ago. There were no more than 300 people in the crowd for a league match. They used to play in the local stadium but moved after the Estádio Algarve was built. A huge stadium for a third division side. Nice place though.

View attachment 54319

Mick, Olhos is my favourite place on the Algarve. Hoping to move there in a few years when I retire. Always stay at the Hotel Velamar, me and Mrs BB absolutely love the place.
Don't you think it's changed quite a lot over the years, maybe not for the better? Our favourite restaurant used to be A Cantina, but when we went back 5 years ago it was under new ownership and was awful. Apparently, the old owners have a different place in Olhos. We used to go to Leos bar on the corner, its called bar Taberna Forja, he gave me some wonderful old photos of Olhos to copy. Another restaurant we also liked was Ambrosia Nectar, I think Norbert was the owner, smashing guy. Looks like your hotel is just down the road from where our apartment was. We were behind the big supermarket. If you need any advice when it comes to buying in Portugal send me a pm. We bought a place in Madeira after selling our apartment in Olhos.

Well. There is The Algarve Stadium near Loule, just outside Faro. I've seen England play a friendly there & it was used in the EURO Finals, holds more than Bramall Lane....

DSCN2868.JPG

Phil, me and Mrs BB visited the Estadio Algarve on our Road Trip last year. Would be great to see the Blades grace this place one day.

Don't you think it's changed quite a lot over the years, maybe not for the better? Our favourite restaurant used to be A Cantina, but when we went back 5 years ago it was under new ownership and was awful. Apparently, the old owners have a different place in Olhos. We used to go to Leos bar on the corner, its called bar Taberna Forja, he gave me some wonderful old photos of Olhos to copy. Another restaurant we also liked was Ambrosia Nectar, I think Norbert was the owner, smashing guy. Looks like your hotel is just down the road from where our apartment was. We were behind the big supermarket. If you need any advice when it comes to buying in Portugal send me a pm. We bought a place in Madeira after selling our apartment in Olhos.

Mick, that's very kind of you to offer help and advice. I'll certainly take you up on that in the not to distant future, thank you.

I agree the old place has changed a bit in recent years but I still think it's retained a lot of it's charm. I don't think I'll ever get tired of going there which is why me and Mrs BB would like to put down roots eventually. A Cantina is where I had my first Steak on the Stone but I haven't been there for a few years. We both love Manzo's and Chef's Peking but for local food, Ambrosia Nectar is our favourite too.

The Hotel Velamar is on the main road out of town near to the turn off to Marie Louisa Beach heading towards Albufeira. For any Blades planning on staying on The Algarve for the game being planned in July, Olhos de Agua may not be the liveliest resort for a few people but Albufeira and Vilamoura tick those boxes.

View attachment 54329

Phil, me and Mrs BB visited the Estadio Algarve on our Road Trip last year. Would be great to see the Blades grace this place one day.
I don't like to Grass. But, it shames me to say that one of the Carrier Bag Firm was so addled on Port that he approached the turnstiles on his hands & knees for that England friendly in 2004.

Malcolm from the Cricks did a great job last year in organising buses to the game from the Erins Isle boozer, Albufeira.
Hoping that summat similar will happen this time around.

Did Malcolm used to have Saxo Bar in Benidorm?

Loads of Blades going to Portugal whilst the team swan off to China to play in the Asia reserves trophy. Should still be a good holiday! 🤣

Try contacting Balaia Golf resort (in between Albufeira and Olhos D'Agua) we have an apartment there, it's really lovely and I know they have lots of apartments to rent, but obviously peak season so don't hang about, sorry, but I'll be using mine myself.

I play golf at Balaia. Always stay at Ouratlantico just down from the Strip near Invictus bar. A real gem of accomodation with indoor heated pool,sauna(extra chg unless me) and jacuzzi. €26 per studio per night off season. €95 July. I'm in Faro until 3 July.

Any blades stopping in a hostel? Looking to do it cheap and will probably be alone so wouldn’t mind some red and white company

Blades will be playing the game against Betis in Seville.

Any blades stopping in a hostel? Looking to do it cheap and will probably be alone so wouldn’t mind some red and white company

Mate did that last year in Albufeira. He was sceptical about it but enjoyed it. Despite the cheap price he was impressed.

Well. If it's a "large Spanish club", played in a "large neutral stadium" in Portugal, then someone, somewhere will be looking to make money out of it. The Stadium owners will be angling for a cut, there'll be some media rights to sort out, either live TV or streaming, pitch side advertising, the FA, Premier League & their Spanish & Portuguese colleagues will have to sanction the game & give approval. I suspect, an agent may have got the basics together and spoken to the two clubs to get an in principle agreement in place. Those rumours will start doing the rounds. If nothing else, because the agent will want to demonstrate to TV, sponsors, advertisers, etc that there would be some interest in the fixture if it happens. Last, but not least, the clubs themselves will want some synchronised announcement. We're a Premier League outfit now, there'll always be some stand off about money. For the Club themselves, it's reasonably straightforward. They'll have booked the flights, hotel & training facilities. They're going. Now, they need to get the small print together for a game. The one in La Manga was effectively against a made up team of available non leaguers from the local area.

They're apparently playing in Seville.

If they are playing in Seville that is good news - plenty of hotels and flights. Any news on where?

Back
Top Bottom