Portugal - Real Betis 12th July

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That flag coloured in with felt tipps?
It was a rush job , mate.
Done for the young sons just before the New Wembley disaster v Burnley in 2009.
Painted with black gloss paint and goodness knows what for the red !
Cheered up the grey concrete & railings.
Couldn't cheer me up that day though. Or the boys.
Really tests a Junior Blade's loyalty when you have the ultimate challenge neutral venue games of May 2007 followed by May 2009 & May 2012.

Quarteiras a busy little town and harbour , got told to stay here by some ex pats as prices much cheaper than the main resorts.... Blades stuff in fish market for some reason, 15 mins from ground ,easily get in to Vilamoura for a drink as they merge together ,some great bars round harbour .... Been a few times and never played golf or been bothered 😉.... Once had a Carlsberg evening in a karaoke bar there years ago ... Bumped in to Steve Bruce and his family not long after he'd walked out on us... Was very apologetic .... Ali McCoist found it funny ... One of those evenings will remember forever ... Happy days

Not very often my flag gets a trip abroad , but it's going to the Algarve on the 12 July. Flagpole too.
Apart from the footy , I guess I'm not alone in thinking a beach , a swim , a few drinks and a dance might be in order.
Not at the stadium though , which is in the middle of nowhere.
So it looks like a hire-car and no drinking for the designated driver until we're back in "civilisation" - if the resorts can be called that !
So where's everyone staying ? I have never toured the coastal fleshpots in this area.
Albufeira looks like somewhere quite "unsuitable" , as the wife might say , but then it's not her that's going.
Quarteira might be a little less of the tattooed knuckle-draggers cocaine-fuelled paradise , but how can one tell from the photos ?
Vilamoura appears the preserve of the yacht-owning classes , so no joy there with our replica shirts & tiny hatchback.
Is there anywhere else with a beach and a modicum of decent nightlife , with music from before the millennium and without the immediate threat of violence or arrest ?
Urgent advice required before there's no choice left.
Many thanks in advance.
Mature Blades with plenty of hair left , lots of dance moves and own teeth.
Your wife is spot on, Albufeira is unsuitable.......if you need recommendation on where to stay in Albufeira let me know!

Its less than €15 taxi from Faro ....... and €10 from Olhao ....... and Olhao is cheap as chips for drinks and food

You live in Portugal?
I have a house (mother in laws) there ..... Its 20 min from Faro airport and it is 50% cheaper than Albufeira and 150% cheaper than Vilamoura ..... I am hoping to fly from Leeds 530pm Thursday and return on Sunday with the 15 year old lad

I have a house (mother in laws) there ..... Its 20 min from Faro airport and it is 50% cheaper than Albufeira and 150% cheaper than Vilamoura ..... I am hoping to fly from Leeds 530pm Thursday and return on Sunday with the 15 year old lad
Oh Olhao is where I am referring to

Your wife is spot on, Albufeira is unsuitable.......if you need recommendation on where to stay in Albufeira let me know!
Cheers , BBT.
I have decided to stick with the first reasonable place I put on reserve on booking.com
It's a modest family run hotel with a nice pool and great reviews on Trip Advisor & booking.com .... called the :
VILA BELINHA , Fonte Sante , QUARTEIRA
15 mins stroll from the town , 15 min stroll from the beach , 1.5 miles from the waterpark , nearest point on the coast to the ground , which is inland.
Not a bad price.
Plus I can give you a lift to the match - I won't be hard to find with my flag hanging out on the balcony !

If those taxi prices are correct , it must be £5 from Quarteira , so I'll be leaving the car behind !

Had one night in Faro last year , found it ok plenty of bars street back from marina and in old town , can get train to nearest station to ground , 20 mins taxi back

Cheers mate, now booked a hotel 5 mins walk from the airport and 10 mins taxi from the ground. Not a deal nearby the hotel but a steady walk (or maybe a 10 min taxi to the marina or beach.

Just hope the match tickets are plentiful otherwise we're in with the Betis :)

Admin - can you merge this thread with the one entitled 'Portugal Real Betis 12th July ' started in May ?

Flights booked from Bristol (£173 return for both of us (me and CB Junior) and hotel booked (Monaco) in Montenegro. Anybody else in this area, may be share taxis to the ground? Has anybody been to this ground before? Just want to know whether or not it is pay on the gate or tickets from a ticket office. Both looking forward to a great few days on the Algarve and a chance to see any new signings before the season proper starts.

I’m trying to book a days clay shooting at a ground near Albufeira (11th July) for 3 of us. Anyone else into clays fancy a 100 clay competition? Will have to hire guns as we’ve checked and budget airlines won’t transport firearms.

Anyone fancy a round of golf the week before? Im on holiday there for a week and want to play a round of golf, would rather be with a blade than grouped with a random selection of french / german tourists :D

Clay shooting and golf.....I remember when it were whippet racing and shove ha’penny🧐

3.5k it holds. It was rammed last year when we played Maritimo, can see it being even worse now we're playing a bigger club. Algarve stadium is the right choice IMO. Although now we're less than a month until the supposed date it would be very interesting to see how many Blades go.
Is there a bar ont Albufeira strip where Blades are meeting
Garage at the top of the strip got pretty lively last year.

Back
Top Bottom