Portugal - Real Betis 12th July

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade56

It's an agenda not an opinion
Reaction score
Is there a bar ont Albufeira strip where Blades are meeting up?

Keen Blade

Look Sharp !
Reaction score
Not very often my flag gets a trip abroad , but it's going to the Algarve on the 12 July. Flagpole too.
Apart from the footy , I guess I'm not alone in thinking a beach , a swim , a few drinks and a dance might be in order.
Not at the stadium though , which is in the middle of nowhere.
So it looks like a hire-car and no drinking for the designated driver until we're back in "civilisation" - if the resorts can be called that !
So where's everyone staying ? I have never toured the coastal fleshpots in this area.
Albufeira looks like somewhere quite "unsuitable" , as the wife might say , but then it's not her that's going.
Quarteira might be a little less of the tattooed knuckle-draggers cocaine-fuelled paradise , but how can one tell from the photos ?
Vilamoura appears the preserve of the yacht-owning classes , so no joy there with our replica shirts & tiny hatchback.
Is there anywhere else with a beach and a modicum of decent nightlife , with music from before the millennium and without the immediate threat of violence or arrest ?
Urgent advice required before there's no choice left.
Many thanks in advance.
Mature Blades with plenty of hair left , lots of dance moves and own teeth.

Topplayersleave

Reaction score
Vilamoura is full of golfers getting hammered and frequenting various strip bars and knocking shops
The Marina has lots of nice restaurants and bars without being over expensive.
Trouble with Vilamoura is it's quite small so if you want to avoid strip bars and knocking shops you're never far away from one, and you're never far away from somebody cramming a flyer or free drink offer in your hand

Kop Cat

Reaction score
Albufeira Old town, well away from the"STRIP" even further away is the newish marina area.

Keen Blade

Look Sharp !
Reaction score
Blimey , reasonable accommodation getting booked up in front of my eyes , have a place in Quarteira on hold to give me time to read about it and snaffle flights / car.
Any Blades in Quarteira for a drink/chinwag , in case my mate bails when presented with total invoice ?

Blade56

It's an agenda not an opinion
Reaction score
Blimey , reasonable accommodation getting booked up in front of my eyes , have a place in Quarteira on hold to give me time to read about it and snaffle flights / car.
Any Blades in Quarteira for a drink/chinwag , in case my mate bails when presented with total invoice ?
Just outside Albufeira, got loads of hair, mature at 67, all my own teeth, was a good northern soul dancer but unavailable 💋

Keen Blade

Look Sharp !
Reaction score
That flag coloured in with felt tipps?
It was a rush job , mate.
Done for the young sons just before the New Wembley disaster v Burnley in 2009.
Painted with black gloss paint and goodness knows what for the red !
Cheered up the grey concrete & railings.
Couldn't cheer me up that day though. Or the boys.
Really tests a Junior Blade's loyalty when you have the ultimate challenge neutral venue games of May 2007 followed by May 2009 & May 2012.

Dongivensmademecry

Reaction score
Quarteiras a busy little town and harbour , got told to stay here by some ex pats as prices much cheaper than the main resorts.... Blades stuff in fish market for some reason, 15 mins from ground ,easily get in to Vilamoura for a drink as they merge together ,some great bars round harbour .... Been a few times and never played golf or been bothered 😉.... Once had a Carlsberg evening in a karaoke bar there years ago ... Bumped in to Steve Bruce and his family not long after he'd walked out on us... Was very apologetic .... Ali McCoist found it funny ... One of those evenings will remember forever ... Happy days

BadgersBigToe

Reaction score
Not very often my flag gets a trip abroad , but it's going to the Algarve on the 12 July. Flagpole too.
Apart from the footy , I guess I'm not alone in thinking a beach , a swim , a few drinks and a dance might be in order.
Not at the stadium though , which is in the middle of nowhere.
So it looks like a hire-car and no drinking for the designated driver until we're back in "civilisation" - if the resorts can be called that !
So where's everyone staying ? I have never toured the coastal fleshpots in this area.
Albufeira looks like somewhere quite "unsuitable" , as the wife might say , but then it's not her that's going.
Quarteira might be a little less of the tattooed knuckle-draggers cocaine-fuelled paradise , but how can one tell from the photos ?
Vilamoura appears the preserve of the yacht-owning classes , so no joy there with our replica shirts & tiny hatchback.
Is there anywhere else with a beach and a modicum of decent nightlife , with music from before the millennium and without the immediate threat of violence or arrest ?
Urgent advice required before there's no choice left.
Many thanks in advance.
Mature Blades with plenty of hair left , lots of dance moves and own teeth.
Your wife is spot on, Albufeira is unsuitable.......if you need recommendation on where to stay in Albufeira let me know!

ChrisDysonHT

Reaction score
Its less than €15 taxi from Faro ....... and €10 from Olhao ....... and Olhao is cheap as chips for drinks and food

ChrisDysonHT

Reaction score
You live in Portugal?
I have a house (mother in laws) there ..... Its 20 min from Faro airport and it is 50% cheaper than Albufeira and 150% cheaper than Vilamoura ..... I am hoping to fly from Leeds 530pm Thursday and return on Sunday with the 15 year old lad

ChrisDysonHT

Reaction score
I have a house (mother in laws) there ..... Its 20 min from Faro airport and it is 50% cheaper than Albufeira and 150% cheaper than Vilamoura ..... I am hoping to fly from Leeds 530pm Thursday and return on Sunday with the 15 year old lad
Oh Olhao is where I am referring to

Keen Blade

Look Sharp !
Reaction score
Your wife is spot on, Albufeira is unsuitable.......if you need recommendation on where to stay in Albufeira let me know!
Cheers , BBT.
I have decided to stick with the first reasonable place I put on reserve on booking.com
It's a modest family run hotel with a nice pool and great reviews on Trip Advisor & booking.com .... called the :
VILA BELINHA , Fonte Sante , QUARTEIRA
15 mins stroll from the town , 15 min stroll from the beach , 1.5 miles from the waterpark , nearest point on the coast to the ground , which is inland.
Not a bad price.
Plus I can give you a lift to the match - I won't be hard to find with my flag hanging out on the balcony !

Keen Blade

Look Sharp !
Reaction score
If those taxi prices are correct , it must be £5 from Quarteira , so I'll be leaving the car behind !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom