Poor, but it was always going to be

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chabuddy G

Kurupt FM
Reaction score
Not withstanding the shitshow that is technology...

As if the circumstances over the last few months aren’t a big enough factor. The whole mood of the country, the weird goings on before the games, no fans in the stadium... losing 2/3’s of your left side and imo our two best players certainly doesn’t help matters when preparing for a game like this.

Seen people complain we were poor/sloppy but for me it’s nothing more than match sharpness. Very harsh to slate anyone based on that. It’s like having to restart the season but without a proper pre-season. Top marks for their fitness as you’d expect for me.

I’m proud of them.

Key points:
  • I wouldn’t play Lundstram on the left again. Freeman has more creative ability, he’s quicker and he’s left footed
  • Robinson was good defensively bar some sloppy moments, but going forward pales in comparison to r Jack which is what we all worried about
  • We fucking missed John Fleck too
  • We need to get the overlap back (which I think is down to match sharpness)
  • McBurnie and Sharp doesn’t seem to work as well, we look better with either McGoldrick or Mousset with one of the two of them because it makes us more mobile
  • Fuck VAR, Hawkeye, and the officials who are now like robots

Let’s hope that Villa are one of the fitter teams in the league, they looked a whole lot fitter than us.

Thought Robinson played quite well really - couple of impressive long diagonals to Baldock in the first half.

Thought Lundstram was better than Berge, but we definitely missed Fleck's niftiness and agility.

I'd be tempted to start one of if not both Mousset and McGoldrick (as long as his knock was nothing more serious) against Newcastle. Mousset's pace and McG's link-up does make us a bit more dangerous and unpredictable

Can’t help but think McGoldrick has to be starting. He’s just magic and we looked loads better with him and Freeman on. If Fleck is out v Newcastle then I’d have him in too.

Bad selection by CW , once Fleck out , we needed Didsy in , otherwise we have nothing creative going forward. Would have been much better with Didsy as AMF instead of Berge as expensive passenger. Lunny should have been on the right and matched up with Grealish who was allowed total freedom. I accept JOC & Fleck were bad misses , but we have to overcome such setbacks.

Poor performance, didn't test their keeper nearly enough and a better side than Villa would have buried the chances they had and would have beaten us easily. Aside from the tech fuck up, a draw was probably a decent result. If it was a boxing match, it would have been given to them

As for individuals, Robinson was competent and proved he can do a job but he's no JOC that's for sure. Berge didn't offer much, looks as if Wilder feels compelled to play him because of how much he cost but at the moment isn't any better than anyone else. Egan didn't look too sharp either

Just seemed as if everything was being played 10 yards further from their goal than it should have been, sooner Fleck gets back the better because the midfield looked a bit languid and lacked energy.

At least we didn't lose I suppose which would have been more demoralising considering what happened, another point to the tally, get it out the system and come back better next time...which wont be too difficult!

Poor performance, didn't test their keeper nearly enough and a better side than Villa would have buried the chances they had and would have beaten us easily. Aside from the tech fuck up, a draw was probably a decent result. If it was a boxing match, it would have been given to them

As for individuals, Robinson was competent and proved he can do a job but he's no JOC that's for sure. Berge didn't offer much, looks as if Wilder feels compelled to play him because of how much he cost but at the moment isn't any better than anyone else. Egan didn't look too sharp either

Just seemed as if everything was being played 10 yards further from their goal than it should have been, sooner Fleck gets back the better because the midfield looked a bit languid and lacked energy.

At least we didn't lose I suppose which would have been more demoralising considering what happened, another point to the tally, get it out the system and come back better next time...which wont be too difficult!

100% correct

we can explode the myth about us being one of the fittest teams in the division... we aren’t.

looked like 11 strangers out there today huffing and puffing.

0 creativity and no overlapping whatsoever.

Yes it’s been a great season and we should be proud but based on that tonigI think we will limp towards the finish.

very defensive set up against one of The poorer teams in the division.

100% correct

we can explode the myth about us being one of the fittest teams in the division... we aren’t.

looked like 11 strangers out there today huffing and puffing.

0 creativity and no overlapping whatsoever.

Yes it’s been a great season and we should be proud but based on that tonigI think we will limp towards the finish.

very defensive set up against one of The poorer teams in the division.
Christ alive

Back
Top Bottom