Poll ..Keeper v Plymouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Verrips or Ramsdale in goal v Plymouth

• Verrips

Votes: 249 73.0%
  • Ramsdale

Votes: 92 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be fair I havent either, However, we are talking about a keeper who has spent the highest echelons of his career in the belgian/netherlands second tier... we are talking League One standard, maybe even lower in some cases, and he hasnt played regularly since 18/19. When you consider the logic of it, it would be the correct assumption that Ramsdale is a far better keeper.

Imagine if we bought a League One player who hadnt played regularly for 2 years, and expected him to fill in Norwoods position immediately - uproar on here

Along with many others, i have noticed a pattern on here because we are so shite at the moment, everyone seems to have an answer to better solutions. But when those ‘solutions’ come around, we want the other option 😂 for example:

Berge - he plays = he’s shit, he’s injured= we need him back

Norwood - he’s out = bring him back, he plays = he’s shit, bring back (insert players name)

Ramsdale - he’s shit = drop him, we get knocked out of the fa cup with a shit gk = wilder dropped a clanger
So if you haven't seen them play it's a pretty daft comment.

So if you haven't seen them play it's a pretty daft comment.
its also a daft idea to think this is the right time to play a complete unknown quantity whose level has been at a much lower level for his entire career, i cant see the logic at all in that argument, but i would like to hear why it would be a good idea if anyone has a solid argument for verrips playing except for ‘cus ramsdales shit’

its also a daft idea to think this is the right time to play a complete unknown quantity whose level has been at a much lower level for his entire career, i cant see the logic at all in that argument, but i would like to hear why it would be a good idea if anyone has a solid argument for verrips playing except for ‘cus ramsdales shit’

He's played in the top level in Belgium, that's surely better than league 1

Somebody must have thought Ramsdale could make the step up when he was at Wimbledon and Chesterfield, why not give Verrips or one of the others the same chance.

I think Ramsdale is getting worse every game he just had a day off V Newcastle yet still manage a few fuck ups without having any real saves to make. I was fully behind him at the start of the season but there is not a game goes by without him dropping a cross or some other basic error in his game he needs taking out for his sake and the teams sake.
Verrips can't be any worse surely he came from a good club in Belgium who thought highly of him he must have something about him a keeper is a keeper be it in the EPL or the Belgian leagues, time he got more than 10 mins to show his worth. We can't say he is not up to it because he hasn't been tested in any sort of competitive game.
Anyone seriously think this team will win the cup this season? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 yeah we might get to a quarter final but that is as far as we go.

Why would anyone vote in this poll if they have not seen Verrips play (or saw him for less than 20 mins in that FA Cup match)?

hmmm little to gain from playing Ramsdale except:

he is our best keeper
playing an unknown second string player in his place whose highest level has been the Belgian second tier
risking being knocked out of the only competition we have a chance of success in
piling more pressure on our already shakey defence
a clean sheet's effect on Aaron's confidence going into future epl games

Nothing to gain at all...
Define success ? Is it getting to the quarter final ? If so I would agree with you we have a chance , if you are talking getting beyond that then we have no chance , the reason being newcastle are out and we will not beat anyone else that's left in the cup

Tough one. Would possibly be good to showcase one of the other two just to prove they're no better and stop this clamour for Ramsdale to be dropped.

We ain't got a barrel of money, we ain't got Tracey and Kelly.

The United of old with two strong 'keepers simply isn't the United of now. The two vying for the bench are not EPL quality irrespective of what you think of our first choice - we've essentially got a first choice and two (/three!) reasonable enough 3rd choice 'keepers. Come the summer we need to be looking to signing someone who could genuinely challenge No. 1, for the benefit of Ramsdale and the team.

As said. The only exception being they're not EPL OR Championship.

Back
Top Bottom