Poll ..Keeper v Plymouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Verrips or Ramsdale in goal v Plymouth

• Verrips

Votes: 249 73.0%
  • Ramsdale

Votes: 92 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I understand playing him in winnable games. Get his confidence up, have a cup run, get a clean sheet or two, but against a League 2 side he looked as suspect as ever.

IT CANT JUST BE DOWN TO CONFIDENCE. The bloke got relegated just last season, I'm not saying he's used to it but other than the big price tag (which most of us understand isn't his fault) he's under less pressure than before as there's no bleeding fans.

I'd drop him him for the cup game at the very least.

Is he not injured ?
He (Verrips) was in the training video from last week. Looked good. As per my other post I think Verrips is a pawn in the Wilder v board DOF contretemps so that's another reason why Wilder definitely won't play Verrips. Fodz or Moore are more likely to play if he does decide to rest Rammers.

He (Verrips) was in the training video from last week. Looked good. As per my other post I think Verrips is a pawn in the Wilder v board DOF contretemps so that's another reason why Wilder definitely won't play Verrips. Fodz and Moore are more likely to play.
If there's ever been an argument for a DOF, it's been this season but of course, Wilder knows best...

Verrips needs to see game time this season and Plymouth at home where he's behind a full strength defence is a good chance. He's a total unknown quantity, we have to find out whether he's actually worth persisting with as backup / competition. If he isn't up to it then we need a new keeper next season. Foderingham isn't good enough at any level above league one and it concerns me that he's been on the bench lately. we have to cover our back on Ramsdale, he could end up being a dud even at championship level.

rammy should be pulled out for the next 3 games his confidence is completely shot i would give verrips a go

Ramsdale is quickly becoming the new George Long!

Has to be Ramsdale. Your confidence is low, you're desperate to keep another clean sheet and get some confidnece. Best thing for you is to be dropped! If we were mid table and comfortable then Verrips. Only reason to drop Ramsdale would be to give Verrips a 10 match run to check him out. Can you see Wilder dropping Ramsdale, admitting hes spunked 18m on a goal keeper that isn't up to the job and that maybe his recruitmentpolicy has proved to be a bit shit?. Absolutely no point dropping Ramsdale for 1 game, if he's our future we need to play him every game, he will either come out of it stronger or be George Long ( who I personally thought isn't as bad as was made out - think he may have been alright in these Covid times playing without fans to give him stick). If he becomes George Long then good luck to him but he isn't the keeper we need.

Usually i would play Ramsdale regardless, i feel like hes going to be our future at the position so let him keep getting the experience.

Id give him a break though tbh, last thing I want is to ruin him mentally. Let him work on his game and keep improving with the coaches out of the spotlight, and lets see what exactly what weve got in Verrips. Wouldn't play Fodz, theres no secrets with him.

Usually i would play Ramsdale regardless, i feel like hes going to be our future at the position so let him keep getting the experience.

Id give him a break though tbh, last thing I want is to ruin him mentally. Let him work on his game and keep improving with the coaches out of the spotlight, and lets see what exactly what weve got in Verrips. Wouldn't play Fodz, theres no secrets with him.

Work on his game and keep improving with the coaches?

That would sound quite sensible, if we’d plucked the lad from non league obscurity for a bag of balls and a friendly 🤦🏻

Work on his game and keep improving with the coaches?

That would sound quite sensible, if we’d plucked the lad from non league obscurity for a bag of balls and a friendly 🤦🏻

As I said, hes here for the long term. Price tags dont change the fact he is a 22 year old keeper.

Or should we not develop him because we overpaid on current ability/ form and just throw a tantrum and slag him off?

We paid what we paid, hes here and could be a good asset. I wish he was 18 million pounds worth of goalkeeper now, but the next best thing would be to help him become one.

As I said, hes here for the long term. Price tags dont change the fact he is a 22 year old keeper.

Or should we not develop him because we overpaid on current ability/ form and just throw a tantrum and slag him off?

We paid what we paid, hes here and could be a good asset. I wish he was 18 million pounds worth of goalkeeper now, but the next best thing would be to help him become one.

I appreciate what you’re saying 1987 but I would expect the finished product for £18m, wouldn’t you?

I’m not sure his confidence would benefit by being told he was being taken out of the spotlight for some additional one to one, intensive goalkeeper training either?

Personally I don’t think he’ll be here for the long term, irrespective of his age, but you’re entitled to your opinion and I suppose we’ll have to wait and see?

We didn't pay £18m cash up front. Also we may never pay £18m for him. That's the max fee.

Made himself a hero in his loan spells and in Bournemouth's first team.

But immediately turned on by a section of Blades "fans" before he'd even kicked a ball this season... Now there's a pile on. I wonder if that helps the lads confidence?

We didn't pay £18m cash up front. Also we may never pay £18m for him. That's the max fee.

Made himself a hero in his loan spells and in Bournemouth's first team.

But immediately turned on by a section of Blades "fans" before he'd even kicked a ball this season... Now there's a pile on. I wonder if that helps the lads confidence?

Er... there are no fans in the stadium?

So you're saying his confidence is knocked by comments on this forum and we're to blame for his form?

Back
Top Bottom