Points predictions by jan 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

lakedistblade

Reaction score
Let's face it by the time its back to work in the new year after some great games we will really be in a much better place to know how this season is going to play out. Nervously slipping down with low 20 s points, confident mid table finish with high 20's , or in dreamland above 30.
This is me
Villa 3
Brighton 1
Watford 3
City 0
Liverpool 0

So I'm going 29 and will be both very happy and smug in the unlikely event that's correct.

Let's see which poster gets if right and earns the plaudits on Jan 2

Don't know why, but I fancy us getting something at City then screwing up vs. Villa and/or Watford.

After losing at home to Southampton and Newcastle, I'm not confident at all against Villa and Watford.

Hopefully Wilder has learnt from those matches and we'll look at other options such as playing Freeman behind the front two from the start.

Villa (L) *
Brighton (D)
Watford (W)
City (L)
Pool (L)

*The Villa one is a funny game and I will expand more on the Match Day thread why that one concerns me.

I looked at January, in july I thought shit.
But since then norwich beat citeh at home ,wolves won away at citeh,we gave liverpool a game and beat arsenal .
Should we be that worried i dont think so.

If we get at least 4 points from Villa, Brighton and Watford then we will stay up.

4 points from Wolves (A) Newcastle (H) Norwich (A) was a healthy return so if we could repeat that im happy.

Don't forget weve already got bonus points..
Chelsea (A) - 1
Everton (A) - 3
Arsenal (H) - 3
Spurs (A) - 1
Man u (H) - 1

Last edited:
After losing at home to Southampton and Newcastle, I'm not confident at all against Villa and Watford.

We created enough chances to win both of those games, or at least draw them. And we were on the wrong side of VAR decisions in both. It's not as though our form slumped in those two games. Shame we took nowt from them but we aren't going to take points from every game. Carry on the way we are playing and we'll be reight.

Hopefully Wilder has learnt from those matches and we'll look at other options such as playing Freeman behind the front two from the start.

Need to play a No.10.

That's the key to unlocking teams that sit back. Absolutely no point in that flat 3 against Newcastle.

I’d play Didsy behind Mousset and McBurnie.

Also fancy us to cause a bit of a surprise at City.
Agree that when sides sit in at home we need to take the points, but it’s not through not creating good chances. We just need strikers to take the chances.
Could also do with benefitting from some corners, not had a centre half goal from a corner yet!!

I can see Watford spozzing a point under piggy pearson, but can also see a big surprise at Anfield.

28 points and a very happy Snake.

Villa 3
Brighton 1
Watford 1
City 0
Liverpool 1

Villa 1
Brighton 1
Watford 3
Man City 0
Liverpool 0

I'd be delighted with anything more than 5 points but in reality, our next three game are the big ones.

Villa 3
Brighton 1
Watford 1
City 0
Liverpool 3 - The scenes when plucky old United catch Liverpool on an off day and bring their unbeaten run to an end

Not really any good at predictions but I have a funny feeling about Liverpool. Not saying how I know but Liverpool players/staff still believe we are the best side they have played all season. If we can survive the first 30 we will get something.
Now I'm off to give my head a wobble.

Not really any good at predictions but I have a funny feeling about Liverpool. Not saying how I know but Liverpool players/staff still believe we are the best side they have played all season. If we can survive the first 30 we will get something.
Now I'm off to give my head a wobble.
It’s their fixture list. It’s horrendous with this World Club Cup. Normally I’d say ‘no chance’ but they could be absolutely knackered by the time we play them.

-21 if you're the pigs. ho ho ho etc!
To be deducted on Christmas Eve, the traditional day when they shame themselves and the city.

Back
Top Bottom