Playoffs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If I could choose 3 to go up....

Blades, Leeds, Villa

With 3 tinpotters coming down from the PL.

Let the cleansing process begin.

I disagree, enough were giving it a go and it was better than the play off finals (thanks to us being in our natural underdog habitat... and the small matter of us scoring early) but there wasn't a concentrated area of supporters getting chants going regularly. It's always an uphill battle when spread across a big stadium, especially one as terrible as Wembley.

We also have too many songs. In play-off finals we were always outsung by fans who didn't seem to have much variety. When your only song is "E I E I E I O", it's a lot easier to be in unison.

3 Northern teams to go up please. Us, Leeds [urgh] and ideally Blackburn after scraping into the playoffs. I know that other teams are far more likely than them but it would be nice as they are on a similar level to us financially. I really don't want shithouses like Boro or Forest going up and I am less confident that West Brom will do it without Barnes. Derby are already starting to do what they do every season, although they do have easier fixtures from here on in. Brizzle are another one that I want to fail, possibly the flukiest team we have come up against since we came back up and Johnson gets right on my tits.

In terms of the PL, it looks like Huddersfield are done this season so hopefully 2 southern clubs will join them for the sake of balance. Cardiff, Fulham, Brighton & Palace are all possibilities. In a perfect world that league has fewer London clubs, with the Spam coming down, but that won't happen any time soon.

Last edited:
The teams that win the play off final are teams that want it the most, have lots of bottle and play to win. Well that's exactly how we've played under CW since day one!

Just like the 2003 squad.

Oh wait...

I could imagine a certain safety officer being absolutely terrified at the prospect.

But it's completely possible, and 'risk' free. Designate an area. Separate the tickets. Advertise it as the vocal area. Sell the tickets.

It would be good if we could get Wilder to throw his weight behind it. They might listen to him. All the talk from him and the players about support making a difference isn't just bullshit.
The Wembley authorities dictate to the clubs on ticket sales.

The participating clubs are told EXACTLY what order they have to sell the tickets in to get the best effect for TV.

I can't think of any reason why they would deviate from this policy just because the fans want it.

The Wembley authorities dictate to the clubs on ticket sales.

The participating clubs are told EXACTLY what order they have to sell the tickets in to get the best effect for TV.

I can't think of any reason why they would deviate from this policy just because the fans want it.

Sounds about right. The fans might be the ones giving you all the money and paying for Wembley, but always put them last.

If the club are guaranteed to sell their ticket allocation they should surely be more flexible. Then again, that might involve a bit of extra thought and effort, so probably best not to venture there...

And the emphasis often placed on the 'crowd TV effect' is bizarrely disproportionate to its actual importance.

We have to take each game as it comes. We have a very difficult run of away games and we know what our form is like away to top half clubs.
We simply have to win our home games and start picking up 1 point plus in the tricky away games.

Do this and we're autos, simple.

Back
Top Bottom