Playoffs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pigs may be richer than us but surely can't have had a bigger budget than us this season and last season being at the FFP limit? They've not signed many players over the last couple of seasons, just a few dirt cheap ones.

But anyway I agree with your general point.

I'm going on wages which are astronomical.They will lose in the region of 20 million this year.

Actually you are right some years the lesser quality teams can can sneak into the top 6 and then go on to win.

Teams like Blackpool and Huddersfield are at least two that spring to mind within the last ten years. I was surprised but at the same time pleased that they'd gone up, especially Hudders for an obvious reason.

But overall I just think that if we drop into the play offs this season (which wouldn't be a failure of course) I think we just a have such an overwhelming desire, very high intensity attacking football that would see us beat off whoever we'd face and get over that line!

Us getting promoted this season is simply the right thing to happen. For us, for the league. It should happen. It would be thoroughly deserved and a fitting culmination of the last 3 seasons. The league also needs clubs like us to go up every now and then. It gives hope to others who don't have a fortune to spend.

Of course, that doesn't mean it will happen. We still have to earn it! I'm also confident we could win a play off final. There would be a feeling that it's meant to be. And I have no doubts about Wilder and the team.

Of course, that doesn't mean it will happen. We still have to earn it!.

Yep, I was just thinking the same. Being Blades we all know what heartache is like and we often don't get what we deserve and/or bad luck.

I just think we have genuine quality this time like never before so hopefully it pays off and we get what we deserve this time.

If not then I'll be thinking when will it ever happen for us!

Actually you are right some years the lesser quality teams can can sneak into the top 6 and then go on to win.

Teams like Blackpool and Huddersfield are at least two that spring to mind within the last ten years. I was surprised but at the same time pleased that they'd gone up, especially Hudders for an obvious reason.

But overall I just think that if we drop into the play offs this season (which wouldn't be a failure of course) I think we just a have such an overwhelming desire, very high intensity attacking football that would see us beat off whoever we'd face and get over that line!

QPR and Derby too.

I hope you're right. However, we had the same desire and were playing high intensity football under Warnock in 2003 when we lost 3-0 in the Play Off final

If we get to Wembley we need to organise our support so the atmosphere doesn't resemble an afternoon picnic, like it usually does there.

I thought our support was very good at Wembley for the Hull game - it’s more difficult when we’re all spread out as you get ‘picnic-ers’ In between the hardcore fans.
I’d agree we should organise support to get the loud ‘uns together, although I suspect that’s easier said than it is done.

I can't imagine that we'll end up going up in an automatic place but then again I couldn't of imagined that we'd be second now.

Given our records in both the play-offs and against the top teams I'd not fancy us getting to Wembley and winning.

If we get to Wembley we need to organise our support so the atmosphere doesn't resemble an afternoon picnic, like it usually does there.

Completely agree with this. Club needs to designate sections where people will sing.

Completely agree with this. Club needs to designate sections where people will sing.

I could imagine a certain safety officer being absolutely terrified at the prospect.

But it's completely possible, and 'risk' free. Designate an area. Separate the tickets. Advertise it as the vocal area. Sell the tickets.

It would be good if we could get Wilder to throw his weight behind it. They might listen to him. All the talk from him and the players about support making a difference isn't just bullshit.

Wembley would be a difficult place for us, it’s ideal when playing a back three to have a narrow pitch, as we can see by how CW has had the Lane pitch narrowed.

Wembley is probably the widest pitch in the country.

No point going up anyway our tight arse chairman will not spend owt if we got there.

I disagree, enough were giving it a go and it was better than the play off finals (thanks to us being in our natural underdog habitat... and the small matter of us scoring early) but there wasn't a concentrated area of supporters getting chants going regularly. It's always an uphill battle when spread across a big stadium, especially one as terrible as Wembley.

Support isn't solely about orchestration or organised chanting. It's about spontaneous reaction and hence hugely influenced by whats played in front. Hull was an exciting game hence great atmosphere. Burnley and hudds were drab hence shit atmosphere.

We'll disagree on the hull game. I as well ad loads of neutrals thought we were loud as. Great day being a Blade

Wolves fan here, just checking up on next season's rivals. I'd just add that forget about budget as it won't determine your season, as what really counts is consistency on the field and points in the bag. The 9 point gap to Bristol City is massive at this stage of the season, so just focus on the gap to 3rd instead. I don't think Norwich have the strength in depth to stay where they are and Albion, my early season tip for promotion, will surely start to drop points now that their star performer Harvey Barnes has gone and their creativity has gone with him. Automatic is there for the taking and I'm sure Wilder knows it even if he's keeping quiet about it.

Loan us Neves for a few months just to make sure. Cheers

Let’s not count our chickens too early folks .. Norwich & Leeds had 9 or points on us a month ago I think there’ll be more than a few twist & turns on the run in between now & May .. string a run of wins together and things change very quickly .
We’ve still got some tough away games to come but we go in there with our heads held high & confident.. long may it continue

COYRAW

We’ve got a budget of about £3.55, I’d say we’re by far bottom of the top 6 on budget.
Agreed, but to be fair on Norwich they’ve not spent a great deal either, both us and them have self generated funds by player sales.

Agreed, but to be fair on Norwich they’ve not spent a great deal either, both us and them have self generated funds by player sales.

Budget isn't just based on transfer fees paid, this is taken from an article this time last year, even if they've made a dent into it then their wage bill is still around double ours, if they are still paying this then I'd say it's around treble ours:

"and last season ran up a wage bill of £55m, the second-highest recorded in Championship history."

Financially we are a bottom 5 or 6 team at the moment by any measure. Not sure where you get your "just below Norwich" from?!

Budget isn't just based on transfer fees paid, this is taken from an article this time last year, even if they've made a dent into it then their wage bill is still around double ours, if they are still paying this then I'd say it's around treble ours:

"and last season ran up a wage bill of £55m, the second-highest recorded in Championship history."

Financially we are a bottom 5 or 6 team at the moment by any measure. Not sure where you get your "just below Norwich" from?!

Mate take a chill pill, I said in the top 6 we’re bottom of the pile on budget, sorry I didn’t give specific details. You clearly know much more than I do about those things.

Who cares about budget etc, that’s what them over at S6 care about. We’re second in the league just enjoy your weekend.

Mate take a chill pill, I said in the top 6 we’re bottom of the pile on budget, sorry I didn’t give specific details. You clearly know much more than I do about those things.

Who cares about budget etc, that’s what them over at S6 care about. We’re second in the league just enjoy your weekend.

My weekend ended yesterday, working day here. Just pointing out that compared to the rest of the top 6 we are nowhere near in terms of budget, your OP suggests that we are competing with the likes of Norwich financially, we aren't. Further underlining the good job that Wilder and Knill are doing to keep us where we are. I'm ecstatic with us being second, just hope we stay there.

I'm noticing more and more comments from people I work with who support the likes of Hull, Forest and Derby telling me that we are in a false position, we spanked Derby the other week and Hull, although on an upsurge would kill for our position. The sour grapes are starting and long may they continue.

The good thing is that I work with a lot of people from all around the world and as much as I've had people taking the piss for the Barnet result, I've had Dutch, Belgian, South African and Canadian blokes telling me this weekend that we are being talked about in their countries for the right reasons recently.

My weekend ended yesterday, working day here. Just pointing out that compared to the rest of the top 6 we are nowhere near in terms of budget, your OP suggests that we are competing with the likes of Norwich financially, we aren't. Further underlining the good job that Wilder and Knill are doing to keep us where we are. I'm ecstatic with us being second, just hope we stay there.

I'm noticing more and more comments from people I work with who support the likes of Hull, Forest and Derby telling me that we are in a false position, we spanked Derby the other week and Hull, although on an upsurge would kill for our position. The sour grapes are starting and long may they continue.

The good thing is that I work with a lot of people from all around the world and as much as I've had people taking the piss for the Barnet result, I've had Dutch, Belgian, South African and Canadian blokes telling me this weekend that we are being talked about in their countries for the right reasons recently.

Fair enough, I naively judged it on their spend this year....in all honesty I couldn’t name you their starting 11.

False position comments frustrate the life out of me - Huddersfield, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Burnley are all in a false position by even being in the premiership, fortunately football doesn’t work on ‘where you should be’

Possibly so, but having a decent right back isn’t going to fill the gap left by Barnes. I’ve seen them a lot this season and he was the centrepiece of everything. Albion fans are devastated he’s gone.
I agree, I think he was the best player in the division but holgate was pretty impressive yesterday
Mind you I'm sure opposition coaches will be well aware of his attacking capabilities now

Back
Top Bottom