Playoffs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derekacorah

Reaction score
Mate take a chill pill, I said in the top 6 we’re bottom of the pile on budget, sorry I didn’t give specific details. You clearly know much more than I do about those things.

Who cares about budget etc, that’s what them over at S6 care about. We’re second in the league just enjoy your weekend.

My weekend ended yesterday, working day here. Just pointing out that compared to the rest of the top 6 we are nowhere near in terms of budget, your OP suggests that we are competing with the likes of Norwich financially, we aren't. Further underlining the good job that Wilder and Knill are doing to keep us where we are. I'm ecstatic with us being second, just hope we stay there.

I'm noticing more and more comments from people I work with who support the likes of Hull, Forest and Derby telling me that we are in a false position, we spanked Derby the other week and Hull, although on an upsurge would kill for our position. The sour grapes are starting and long may they continue.

The good thing is that I work with a lot of people from all around the world and as much as I've had people taking the piss for the Barnet result, I've had Dutch, Belgian, South African and Canadian blokes telling me this weekend that we are being talked about in their countries for the right reasons recently.

Reaction score
My weekend ended yesterday, working day here. Just pointing out that compared to the rest of the top 6 we are nowhere near in terms of budget, your OP suggests that we are competing with the likes of Norwich financially, we aren't. Further underlining the good job that Wilder and Knill are doing to keep us where we are. I'm ecstatic with us being second, just hope we stay there.

I'm noticing more and more comments from people I work with who support the likes of Hull, Forest and Derby telling me that we are in a false position, we spanked Derby the other week and Hull, although on an upsurge would kill for our position. The sour grapes are starting and long may they continue.

The good thing is that I work with a lot of people from all around the world and as much as I've had people taking the piss for the Barnet result, I've had Dutch, Belgian, South African and Canadian blokes telling me this weekend that we are being talked about in their countries for the right reasons recently.

Fair enough, I naively judged it on their spend this year....in all honesty I couldn’t name you their starting 11.

False position comments frustrate the life out of me - Huddersfield, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Burnley are all in a false position by even being in the premiership, fortunately football doesn’t work on ‘where you should be’

Fanny magnet

Reaction score
Possibly so, but having a decent right back isn’t going to fill the gap left by Barnes. I’ve seen them a lot this season and he was the centrepiece of everything. Albion fans are devastated he’s gone.
I agree, I think he was the best player in the division but holgate was pretty impressive yesterday
Mind you I'm sure opposition coaches will be well aware of his attacking capabilities now

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
If I could choose 3 to go up....

Blades, Leeds, Villa

With 3 tinpotters coming down from the PL.

Let the cleansing process begin.

moDtheGod

Reaction score
I disagree, enough were giving it a go and it was better than the play off finals (thanks to us being in our natural underdog habitat... and the small matter of us scoring early) but there wasn't a concentrated area of supporters getting chants going regularly. It's always an uphill battle when spread across a big stadium, especially one as terrible as Wembley.

We also have too many songs. In play-off finals we were always outsung by fans who didn't seem to have much variety. When your only song is "E I E I E I O", it's a lot easier to be in unison.

Stretch

Upstanding Member
Reaction score
3 Northern teams to go up please. Us, Leeds [urgh] and ideally Blackburn after scraping into the playoffs. I know that other teams are far more likely than them but it would be nice as they are on a similar level to us financially. I really don't want shithouses like Boro or Forest going up and I am less confident that West Brom will do it without Barnes. Derby are already starting to do what they do every season, although they do have easier fixtures from here on in. Brizzle are another one that I want to fail, possibly the flukiest team we have come up against since we came back up and Johnson gets right on my tits.

In terms of the PL, it looks like Huddersfield are done this season so hopefully 2 southern clubs will join them for the sake of balance. Cardiff, Fulham, Brighton & Palace are all possibilities. In a perfect world that league has fewer London clubs, with the Spam coming down, but that won't happen any time soon.

Last edited:

Maidenhead

Reaction score
I could imagine a certain safety officer being absolutely terrified at the prospect.

But it's completely possible, and 'risk' free. Designate an area. Separate the tickets. Advertise it as the vocal area. Sell the tickets.

It would be good if we could get Wilder to throw his weight behind it. They might listen to him. All the talk from him and the players about support making a difference isn't just bullshit.
The Wembley authorities dictate to the clubs on ticket sales.

The participating clubs are told EXACTLY what order they have to sell the tickets in to get the best effect for TV.

I can't think of any reason why they would deviate from this policy just because the fans want it.

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
The Wembley authorities dictate to the clubs on ticket sales.

The participating clubs are told EXACTLY what order they have to sell the tickets in to get the best effect for TV.

I can't think of any reason why they would deviate from this policy just because the fans want it.

Sounds about right. The fans might be the ones giving you all the money and paying for Wembley, but always put them last.

If the club are guaranteed to sell their ticket allocation they should surely be more flexible. Then again, that might involve a bit of extra thought and effort, so probably best not to venture there...

And the emphasis often placed on the 'crowd TV effect' is bizarrely disproportionate to its actual importance.

Scooter_mcgavin

Reaction score
We have to take each game as it comes. We have a very difficult run of away games and we know what our form is like away to top half clubs.
We simply have to win our home games and start picking up 1 point plus in the tricky away games.

Do this and we're autos, simple.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom