Playoffs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stretch

Upstanding Member
Reaction score
I said last week that if we maintained an 8 point gap on 7th into Feb then we were almost certs to make top 6. The gap is growing and with Derby hitting a slump I can see Brizzle scrapping with them for 6th. Hopefully that gives us a chance to pull even further away.

sheff_blade90

Reaction score
if we can get top 4 & at worst home advantage in play offs. despite being 2nd I would be chuffed to bits right now, but playoffs still fill me with dread

Jonathan Evans

Reaction score
Wolves fan here, just checking up on next season's rivals. I'd just add that forget about budget as it won't determine your season, as what really counts is consistency on the field and points in the bag. The 9 point gap to Bristol City is massive at this stage of the season, so just focus on the gap to 3rd instead. I don't think Norwich have the strength in depth to stay where they are and Albion, my early season tip for promotion, will surely start to drop points now that their star performer Harvey Barnes has gone and their creativity has gone with him. Automatic is there for the taking and I'm sure Wilder knows it even if he's keeping quiet about it.

Blade56

It's an agenda not an opinion
Reaction score
🎶Are you watchin in S6 Are you watchin in S6🎶
Yes we should be concentrating on what’s above us not below, but after today we’re 9 points clear of 7th place.

Budget wise I suspect we’re probably bottom (of the top 6) just below Norwich although they have the benefit of the Maddison money.

Chris and Alan are doing a ridiculously good job, even during the good Warnock days I didn’t witness attacking football as exciting as this - at the start of the season I openly slagged McGoldrick off on this forum, couldn’t see what he was all about...trust me I see it now, what a player.

Henderson (loan), Fleck, Stevens, McGoldrick, Duffy all cost us £0.....the mans a genius in the transfer market, must be a club owners dream manager!

The buzz and feel good factor is back at the Lane, everyone laughing and joking before kick off today.

Should we fail to reach top two and end up settling with a play off position I fully believe Wilder is the man to end our play off misery.

UTB Love it, what a team!
Can we keep him? think he was on a 12 deal.

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Just make sure you don’t do it or we’ll never hear the end of it when it fails.
..... with the people taking the piss often being the same ones who supported it.

We need some man of men Blade of Blades Twitter Blade Blademan who all the cool, hard Blades can be seen to go along with.

Mumbo

Reaction score
I think our defence was the weak point as we’ve consistently scored goals but it’s now looking very solid
Great chance of promotion is all I’m saying but just between me and my 8 year old son who’s been with me to the game today
We’ll be playing match attax with blades players next year.

Dkc

Reaction score
The teams that win the play off final are teams that want it the most, have lots of bottle and play to win. one!
Sorry mate, that's bollocks. Often the shitter, team wins the PO Final.

nopigfansintown

Reaction score
Budget wise we are bottom 8. To say we are are top 2 is an amazing feat.
Clubs with a bigger budget than Sheffield United: West Brom, Norwich City, Derby County, Forest, Middlesborough, Bristol City, Birmingham City, Aston Villa, Hull City, QPR (big wages), Swansea City, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke City, Reading (players on huge wages).

Players with a lower budget to United: Rotherham, Ipswich (gaining ground with big January investment), Bolton, Millwall, Wigan, Blackburn Rovers (arguable due to 7 million investment in Brereton), Brentford, Preston (arguable due to January exploits), Wigan.

It doesn't tell the full story though. The real telling factor is net spend. Last year we lost two million. This year our transfer business has been funded by Evans, Leonard and Brooks sales totalling 14 million; a few small fees on top of that and some loans out. The fees we've paid are Norwood 1.9 million and Egan 4 million, as well as a plethora of loan deals (Johnson, Dowell, Henderson, Woodburn, Madine) and several free transfers (Washington, Mcgoldrick, Bryan, Cranie). I doubt if our net spend is very high at all, and I'm pretty sure it will be lower than most of the teams with a so called "a lower budget than United" on the second list. We have a wizard running us!

Last edited:

nopigfansintown

Reaction score
Budget wise we are bottom 8. To say we are are top 2 is an amazing feat.
Clubs with a bigger budget than Sheffield United: West Brom, Norwich City, Derby County, Forest, Middlesborough, Bristol City, Birmingham City, Aston Villa, Hull City, QPR (big wages), Swansea City, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke City, Reading (players on huge wages).

Teams with a lower budget to United: Rotherham, Ipswich (gaining ground with big January investment), Bolton, Millwall, Wigan, Blackburn Rovers (arguable due to 7 million investment in Brereton), Brentford, Preston (arguable due to January exploits), Wigan.

It doesn't tell the full story though. The real telling factor is net spend. Last year we lost two million. This year our transfer business has been funded by Evans, Leonard and Brooks sales totalling 14 million; a few small fees on top of that and some loans out. The fees we've paid are Norwood 1.9 million and Egan 4 million, as well as a plethora of loan deals (Johnson, Dowell, Henderson, Woodburn, Madine) and several free transfers (Washington, Mcgoldrick, Bryan, Cranie). I doubt if our net spend is very high at all, and I'm pretty sure it will be lower than most of the teams with a so called "lower budget than United" on the second list. We have a wizard running us! Our last two years we've posted losses totalling 7.5 million which theoretically allows us to lose 31.5 million this year. We'll be absolutely nowhere near that, whilst most of the division will be a hair's breadth from exceeding the 39 million allowed losses, or exceeding them and facing sanctions.

Chali 2na

The Tuna fish that descended from Lake Michigan
Reaction score
Wolves fan here, just checking up on next season's rivals. I'd just add that forget about budget as it won't determine your season, as what really counts is consistency on the field and points in the bag. The 9 point gap to Bristol City is massive at this stage of the season, so just focus on the gap to 3rd instead. I don't think Norwich have the strength in depth to stay where they are and Albion, my early season tip for promotion, will surely start to drop points now that their star performer Harvey Barnes has gone and their creativity has gone with him. Automatic is there for the taking and I'm sure Wilder knows it even if he's keeping quiet about it.
"Wolves fan here

just add that forget about budget as it won't determine your season"

:rolleyes:

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom