Players from Relegated teams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How about we sign no one from a relegated team.

Seriously, most of the players mentioned on this thread either aren't that good or get injured too often. I'd be shocked if we signed any of them!
Sounding like your from S6 with that talk.

Thought Maupay was miles better than Buendia, I wouldn't be disappointed if we went back in for him if Brighton don't beat the drop...(I think they will for what its worth).

To me Mooy at Brighton is head and shoulders above the rest as the best fit for us

Going slightly of subject but given the number of crosses we put in the opponents box i wonder if we could pinch Benkeke from Palace, there used to be a good player in there which CWAK could restore

To me Mooy at Brighton is head and shoulders above the rest as the best fit for us

Going slightly of subject but given the number of crosses we put in the opponents box i wonder if we could pinch Benkeke from Palace, there used to be a good player in there which CWAK could restore

I don't think I've ever been as 'turned off' by two player suggestions!
Mate no offence but we're bidding for European football and you're talking about Mooy and Benteke!

Sounding like your from S6 with that talk.

What da. So I'm a Wendy fan for thinking none if the players from the teams getting relegated are good enough for United?

That's stupid

What da. So I'm a Wendy fan for thinking none if the players from the teams getting relegated are good enough for United?

That's stupid

No it’s in fact very similar to there approach at Wendy. We signed players released from League one sides from all over. Where the player comes from is irrelevant but to dismiss players due to there club is exactly what Wendy do.
CW goes for players based on what they can do nothing else.

I don't think I've ever been as 'turned off' by two player suggestions!
Mate no offence but we're bidding for European football and you're talking about Mooy and Benteke!
Thanks for disagreeing but not being abusive as so many are on here
Everyone to their own views i have really rated Mooy every time i have seen him [other than at the Lane] and Benteke was very good but has lost his way would be cheap and possibly the ideal type ofcandidate for a CWAK polish = Madine +

Everyone to their own views i have really rated Mooy every time i have seen him [other than at the Lane] and Benteke was very good but has lost his way would be cheap and possibly the ideal type ofcandidate for a CWAK polish = Madine +
Mooy looks good but he is fast approaching 30 and IMO he is no better than what we already have.

Benteke has looked shot for ages now. Again fast approaching 30. I reckon he would still cost approx £5m and is/was on £120k per week. If Palace finally let his contract run down he will probably go to Turkey/Middle East for a big wage.

That's stupid
Liverpool bought Wijnaldum from relegated Newcastle, Man Utd are looking at Grealish from Aston Villa who are in a relegation battle. Just because a team is bad doesn't mean some of the individuals are.

Liverpool bought Wijnaldum from relegated Newcastle, Man Utd are looking at Grealish from Aston Villa who are in a relegation battle. Just because a team is bad doesn't mean some of the individuals are.

Come on, most of the players quoted on this thread would get nowhere near our team. Even Grealish goes missing.

No it’s in fact very similar to there approach at Wendy. We signed players released from League one sides from all over. Where the player comes from is irrelevant but to dismiss players due to there club is exactly what Wendy do.
CW goes for players based on what they can do nothing else.

The pigs pick up "names" from other clubs with Premier League experience on big wages. Much like you're proposing.

Wilder and his scouts find players out there with the potential and the hunger with something to prove. Usually they haven't got relegated and on handsome contracts.

Not sure there's that much abuse on The Rumour Mill when people are suggesting signings as it's all about personal choice/opinion.

To add my 2 penneth i've always rated Mooy and don't believe he has looked his best in the 2 games vs us this season (who has?). IMO he's a decent player but I'm not sure where he'd fit in our team. He's a MF approaching 30 so not sure he could do the box to box role Lunny plays, there's no way he's replacing Fleck unless he was to leave (unlikely) and he's no better than Norwood plus IMO Norwood's replacement has already been signed.

With regards to Benteke. He would probably fall into the bracket of a player that CW/AK could turn round and he has the attributes of a player we could use but he's on £100k a week which rules that one out. As someone has said he'll get a lucrative retirement move to the Middle/Far East.

I bet it's been a while since Mooy was schooled ina game like he was by Fleck

Couldn’t think of a worse striker to spunk huge wages on than Benteke. Personally I feel he is one the worst goal scorers in the premier league.
If people serious about Benteke I'm putting my name forward to play up front for us, almost 62 classed as palliative heart failure & COPD but I'd still do a better job than him.

If people serious about Benteke I'm putting my name forward to play up front for us, almost 62 classed as palliative heart failure & COPD but I'd still do a better job than him.

We all know how much CW enjoys a challenge of getting misfiring players back to form but Benteke may be too far gone even for him. You might have a better chance!

Fraser (Bmouth) we don’t play with wingers
Wilson (Bmouth) we won’t pay wages
Ramsdale (Bmouth) possible
King (Bmouth) wages again

Grealish (villa) fee and wages too much
Samatta (villa) possible if release clause

Pukki (Nwich) possible
Cantwell (Nwich) possible but bigger clubs want

I will probably sound mad for suggesting this but I wouldn't mind Danny Welbeck on a free.

I will probably sound mad for suggesting this but I wouldn't mind Danny Welbeck on a free.

Apparently Welbeck is contracted until 2022. He's also on ~£80k/week. It's a good job Utd's defence is fairly solid as your proposed £140k/week front two of Welbeck and James won't break any scoring records :)

Apparently Welbeck is contracted until 2022. He's also on ~£80k/week. It's a good job Utd's defence is fairly solid as your proposed £140k/week front two of Welbeck and James won't break any scoring records :)
It would outscore our current strike force. As you are so ITK about his contract do you know if it has a relegation clause?

It would outscore our current strike force. As you are so ITK about his contract do you know if it has a relegation clause?

I would hope so too for £140k/week (the same as a combo of Abraham and Mitrovic BTW).
No idea about Welbeck's contract although most have a clause to reduce the salary in the event of relegation rather than a release clause.

I would hope so too for £140k/week (the same as a combo of Abraham and Mitrovic BTW).
No idea about Welbeck's contract although most have a clause to reduce the salary in the event of relegation rather than a release clause.
Non of the Watford players contracts have relegation clauses according to reports yesterday

Back
Top Bottom