Player Suggestion Player Suggestion Thread

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Akinbiyi

Banned
Reaction score
Can tell already it’s going to be a long summer. And we’re only 4 days into it.

My idea is to make a thread to keep all the suggestions, not rumours, in one place. Or the ‘rumour mill’ will be overloaded with threads of foreign names nobody has heard of that we 99% won’t be looking at.

Let’s do our bit to keep the forum tidy as possible. Keep the new rumour mill threads for substantiated rumours with a source, or ‘something you’ve been told’. And have this thread as the player suggestion hub.

So - suggest away

How about Barbet from Brentford :)

Actually, he’s been suggested as a possibility on Porktalk so I assume he’s not up to much. Alternatively, given their delusions of grandeur, he’s out of their league (as it were), so could be a good shout for a Premier League team.

• Banned
How about Barbet from Brentford :)

Actually, he’s been suggested as a possibility on Porktalk so I assume he’s not up to much. Alternatively, given their delusions of grandeur, he’s out of their league (as it were), so could be a good shout for a Premier League team.
:)

Said that on the shoutbox. I think he's a really good player, left footed centre half which we do need. If we can snap one up for free to cover for Jack that'd be great. We do love a Brentford defender...

D. Henderson - Loan
M. Holgate - Buy
D. Simpson - Free
L. Fer - Free
A. Mooy - Buy
L. Freeman - Buy
N. Maupay - Buy
T. Abraham - Loan

Adam Lallana from Liverpool in the Duffy role. Had a couple of injuries but a great player imho

Holgate
Henderson
James
Phillips
Maupay
Bowen
Grimes

Squad

Bayliss Coventry
O’Connell Bolton

Henderson - loan
David Marshall - free
Jay Da Silva - buy
Patrick Bauer - buy
Mason Holgate - loan
Yohann Barbet - free
Aaron Mooy - buy
Luke Freeman - buy
Neal Maupay - buy
Lucas Jutkiewicz - buy

How about bringing in Harry Wilson on loan for the season, had an awesome year at FLDCFCIAWJAWSG.

Not included playoff sides, but from the rest of championship I'd class these as players as young and could potentially step up.

Celina - Swansea
Woods - Stoke
McNair - Boro
Assombalonga - Boro
Fletcher - Boro
Byram - Forest / West Ham
Lolley - Forest
Roberts - Swansea
Henry - Brentford
Maupay - Brentford
Sawyers - Brentford
Swift - Reading
Moore - Reading
Lenihan - Blackburn
Bell - Blackburn
Rothwell - Blackburn
Walton - Wigan/Brighton
James - Wigan/Chelsea
Robinson - Preston

Holgate
Henderson
James
Phillips
Maupay
Bowen
Grimes

Squad

Bayliss Coventry
O’Connell Bolton
Now, this is getting closer to what we really need. For me, if you mean Matty Phillips, then yes. He is the sort of player who would thrive under Wilder. Tricky, fast, and with a goal or two in him. Jarrad Bowen would be a tremendous addition with the goals he brings you from midfield, nevermind his general play. James looks to be Newcastle bound if you believe the press, but is he defensive minded enough for our system? I would really like us to make a statement signing too and for me this would be perhaps Cahill, or McBurnie. We have to make others sit up and take notice and attract other top players see the intent. Hendo is a given. He loves the club, the fans love him, so get him at all costs, and follow up with one of Bournemouth or Southampton's rejects, say Forster or Begovic. Too soon maybe to get Walker back and Naughton may not be the player he once was. No to Lawton with his defensive frailties. If we could persuade Watford to part with Deulofeu I would snatch their hands off although I know he only turns it on when he wants to. Under Chris I think we could rely on more regular performances.

I di 10 minutes internet scouting and came up with this 21 year old world beater, first goal looks really familiar too!

Dean Henderson
Enda's bitch
Mason Holgate
Tyrone Mings
Joe Allen
Joe Lolley
Luke Freeman
Neal Maupay
Some hench striker

Would do us nicely.

If we could persuade Watford to part with Deulofeu I would snatch their hands off although I know he only turns it on when he wants to. Under Chris I think we could rely on more regular performances.
AC Milan want him and he'd cost about double our entire transfer budget.

Deano/Randolph
Maupay
Bowen
Phillips (if Leeds don't go up)
Holgate

Just a few off the top of my head. Need another centre half in there as well, wonder if we could tempt Alfie Mawson away from Fulham.

Adama Traore, an £18million capture from Middlesbrough, has found it difficult to break into the side on a regular basis and will also be made available for either a permanent move or a loan according to the Mirror.

Worth a punt, too expensive?

We should be targeting guys like:

Darren Randolph
Ollie McBurnie
Bradley Dack
Darragh Lenihan
Lukas Jutkiewicz
Liam Moore
Liam Cooper
Luke Ayling
Kalvin Phillips
Tommy Smith
Jonathan Hogg
Karlan Grant
Callum Paterson

If we’re pushing the boat out:

Neal Maupay
Mason Holgage
Daniel James
Tyrone Mings
Craig Dawson

If we’re aiming for elite status:
Dan Burn
Sam Morsy
Juanpi

#WYETP?

think of our most used XI:
Henderson - gone for now Moore as back up, so we need a keeper
Basham - staying but Cranie was his back up, so we need a CB
Egan - staying, but is Stearman the answer in his absence, we need another CB
O’Connell - staying, and if we buy right to cover the previous, we should be okay
Baldock - staying, but I don’t see a Freeman being the answer as a replacement
Stevens - staying and played fantastically well, I think we need cover
Norwood - staying and deserves his crack at the PL
Fleck - staying and was chased by PL clubs. Again I think we need cover
Duffy - we have tried to find another CAM and he’s fought them off, but I think we need recruit
Sharp and McGoldrick - deserve their chance in the Prem, but as we had 2 loan signings up front, we need cover

So by my reckoning we need:
First choice keeper
A couple of CB to provide competition not cover
A couple of midfielders to again provide competition
Dependent upon tactics, a couple of wing backs / wingers
At least one first choice striker
That’s 8 players minimum, which takes us close to buying a brand new team like Fulham. They got it wrong with several players being bought who had no English league experience and they failed to recruit right at the back.

Henderson (loan)
Reece James
Holgate
Jagielka
Lolley
Jevons
Striker?
Loan?

Imo we need 5 for the first 11 (not including deano as he was already here), Rcb, rwb, cam, St, St. The rest for the squad/competition. That's basically what we did last season. We signed gk, cb, cm, St for the first 11.

Don’t understand this Phillips link. We don’t play with wingers? He doesn’t seem the technical player for the Duffy role?

Matt Phillips hasn't had a good season and has been having problems coming back from injury for a while.

He could only play RWB in our team, or maybe as one of 2 behind a striker. He isn't technical enough for any central role.

I expect people to throw his name around a lot but he shouldn't be considered at this time.

For the first team eleven we need:——-

Keeper
New right CB with basham as cover
New no 10 with Duffy as cover
Two new strikers.

Different scenario to Fulham as we will retain the core of the team and keep the players that have been replaced in the squad. It could in effect be only four new players if Henderson re signs.
May be cruel on the guys I see to be replaced and hopefully they prove me wrong, but no place for sentiment we have to stay up.

Matt Clarke at Portsmouth could be worth a look. 22 year old left footed CB who has been their POTY the last two seasons. Even if the step up is too big for him, he'd surely be better back up for O'Connell than Bryan (who never seems to be fit and probably needs a loan).

Matt Clarke at Portsmouth could be worth a look. 22 year old left footed CB who has been their POTY the last two seasons. Even if the step up is too big for him, he'd surely be better back up for O'Connell than Bryan (who never seems to be fit and probably needs a loan).

Now isn’t the time to be spending money on squad players. I want us to spend our money on improving the starting 11.

If we do go down we don’t want a squad of players that aren’t as good as our current players. That isn’t helpful.

We build the starting 11 now. If we stay up yes we can look into this.

For the first team eleven we need:——-

Keeper
New right CB with basham as cover
New no 10 with Duffy as cover
Two new strikers.

Different scenario to Fulham as we will retain the core of the team and keep the players that have been replaced in the squad. It could in effect be only four new players if Henderson re signs.
May be cruel on the guys I see to be replaced and hopefully they prove me wrong, but no place for sentiment we have to stay up.
I agree but I would also add that we need a new first choice rwb with Baldock moving to backup and freeman ultimately moved on. Good player physically Baldock but we need better quality in the final third from the wingbacks next year as I don't think the cbs will be raiding forward quite as much.

Good shout, have you seen him play? Is he comfortable on the ball enough to play in our system? (If he is, he'd make a versatile LWB backup too)

George Saville

I've already put him on my thread but he's not one who'll be mentioned so I'll put him his name here too.

Left footed central midfielder. Energetic, box to box, very determined and committed, can tackle, can play, scores goals. Can play LWB.

Moved to Boro for about £7m but I think he'd be interested in a move away, especially further south, and they'd be interested in selling now their parachute payments have ended.

He strongly strikes me as one who'd rise to the challenge of the PL and suit a club like us.

Back
Top Bottom