Player of the Season Award 2020-2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
The way things are going do we think this is going to take place?

This is what happened in a similar situation a few years back:

Carlo Nash favourite to be Norwich City's Player of the Season (despite not playing a game) as fans hijack voting system | Daily Mail Online

If I had a vote it would have to be

Aleksandar Mitrović​

Stopped a penalty being scored against us and won a penalty for us which led to us getting (as things stand) half our points total this season.

---

In all seriousness the only contenders would surely have to be one of: Egan, Basham and Baldock?

Carlo Nash favourite to be Norwich City's Player of the Season (despite not playing a game) as fans hijack voting system | Daily Mail Online

Aleksandar Mitrović​

Stopped a penalty being scored against us and won a penalty for us which led to us getting (as things stand) half our points total this season.

---

In all seriousness the only contenders would surely have to be one of: Egan, Basham and Baldock?
Sir Chris of Basham for me. Gerrim in midfield.

Egan has been consistently good for me. Bash had a slow start ino but is back to his best lately. So I'd go Egan.

Agree only contenders Baldock, bash and Egan

Think id just go for Baldock, been a shining light in a poor season for me, along with Bash and Egan a shining example that you can still try even when you have had a new contract

Aleksandar Mitrović​

---

Exactly right and in that order for me .

I think McGoldrick has to be in the discussion too. It says a lot though that 3 out of the only 4 contenders play in a defence that hasn't kept a single clean sheet all season. That speaks volumes about the rest of the squad.

agree - A sad indictment of the season really.

last year you could make a case for half the squad to be deserving.... But it feels like this winner will be by default.

unless we make a dramatic improvement second half of the season, I’d call it off.

if we end on Single digit points, it would be a farce to have an award ceremony.

If they were horses we'd declare them all non runners and call it off.

Otherwise Baldock, Bash, McG, Egan in that order for me. To continue the horse racing vein the rest can be shot. Going: very slow and sticky.

Basham or Egan for me. Young player of the year probably Norrington-Davies because the Welsh said he’d played decent for them.

Egan- McGoldrick - Bash (that order) the only other contenders haven't had enough game time yet.
Goal = McGoldrick v Arsenal.
Young player, Bogle for now.
To bring others into contention:
Burke starts adding goals...I know that's a big ask.
Ramsdale stops making that mistake every game.
Fleck gets back to last season's form.
Norwood starts hitting those through balls again (I'd forgive the rest of his game).
Mousset gets fit to play 70 minutes a game, that could actually turn the season.
I have no hope for anybody else (I would say Sharp but the way Wilder defiantly leaves him on the bench no chance).

Basham at this stage for me one of the only players whose levels haven’t dropped from last year and those gangly runs and bits of skill out of nowhere are one of the only united based things to bring a smile to my face this season.

Players who have won POY in seasons when we were relegated:

1976 - Alan Woodward
1979 - Tony Kenworthy
1981 - Bob Hatton
1988 - Paul Stancliffe
1994 - Carl Bradshaw
2007 - Phil Jagielka
2011 - Steven Quinn

So far...

1. Basham
2. Egan
3. Baldock
4. McGoldrick

...though on current form, 3/4 will end up swapping, and there’s still plenty of time for others to step up (or these to go to shit). Mind you, I only mentioned a fourth position because he’s the only one worthy of it; if we were doing a top 5, I’d not even name a fifth.

Players who have won POY in seasons when we were relegated:

1976 - Alan Woodward
1979 - Tony Kenworthy
1981 - Bob Hatton
1988 - Paul Stancliffe
1994 - Carl Bradshaw
2007 - Phil Jagielka
2011 - Steven Quinn
And Ken Mallender in 1968

Bogle or JOC.

Both have got great reviews by not playing much.

I'm guessing it will probably be McGoldrick now?

Aleksandar Mitrović​

---

It certainly won't be hard to compile a 'shortlist' but it's Bashambauer so far for me but if you're reading lads there's still time to get my vote!

Back
Top Bottom