Play off final.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm sure I've shared this before (true story). Around 1967 the Blades played the pigs at Bramall Lane. I knew this family who were all Wednesdayites and were as thick as pig shit and common as fuck. Anyway, one of the 'daughters' arranged to get married on the day of the match and - being the attention-seeking slag she was - attend the match straight after the ceremony (which I think was at St. Mary's). It was on MoTD and, sure enough, the cameras picked her out, sat in the BLUT dressed - laughably - in traditional white, veil and all that shit.
I say 'laughably' because the term 'second-hand dartboard' could safely be used to describe this bird. At the ceremony, the groom exchanged vows. The bride exchanged bodily fluids...
Blades v Wendy matches at BDTBL in the 1960s and 1970s weren't televised

I've just booked a week away in May and planned it round playoff matches and final...you never know!! Particularly satisfying discussing the potential dates with my pig season ticket holder other half :D:D:D

Other than being in May, i don't know the date of the final, nor do i know the dates of the Play off games.

I really hope that our season has finished after we have played all our league fixtures as the play offs really does ruin the summer.

Last season was fantastic, great end to the season with an amazing celebration at each game once we'd confirmed promotion, followed by the Bus tour and Town hall piss up for the club, brilliant.

However, what i really enjoyed was that we knew after the last game which division we were in, we didn't have to wait several weeks, the players had a great time off and then it was back to preseason.

Other than being in May, i don't know the date of the final, nor do i know the dates of the Play off games.

I really hope that our season has finished after we have played all our league fixtures as the play offs really does ruin the summer.

Last season was fantastic, great end to the season with an amazing celebration at each game once we'd confirmed promotion, followed by the Bus tour and Town hall piss up for the club, brilliant.

However, what i really enjoyed was that we knew after the last game which division we were in, we didn't have to wait several weeks, the players had a great time off and then it was back to preseason.

I know what you mean, particularly with our playoff history, but still, if we did manage to finish in a playoff position, it'd be crazy not to try and take the opportunity. We're such a different team - club even - under Wilder...that winning mentality that he has is so infectious - even the most pessimistic of Blade wouldn't be able to help a tiny bit of "but what if" creeping in!
FYI the final is Saturday 26th May. I've made an educated guess about the semi final dates and tried to avoid them - hate the playoffs but I'd hate to miss us actually succeed for once even more!

I know what you mean, particularly with our playoff history, but still, if we did manage to finish in a playoff position, it'd be crazy not to try and take the opportunity. We're such a different team - club even - under Wilder...that winning mentality that he has is so infectious - even the most pessimistic of Blade wouldn't be able to help a tiny bit of "but what if" creeping in!
FYI the final is Saturday 26th May. I've made an educated guess about the semi final dates and tried to avoid them - hate the playoffs but I'd hate to miss us actually succeed for once even more!
Funny to say, but i just don't want Wilder to have to take us to a play off game.

If i was home i'd probably go to the home leg, but Wembley or going to an away leg. Nah, not bothered. Its like the JPT for me. I'd probably watch if it was on TV, but that's it.

Given a choice of this season ending with us in 3rd-6th or 7th, i'd take 7th

If anyone can get the team motivated for the playoffs, including the final, surely it’s Chris Wilder. I think we can still finish top 2 but if we don’t, this can be the year we finally end the playoff jinx.

I felt really ill, low, lethargic and that kind of thing for a few days before the wolves PO final. Really couldn't even enjoy a pint before. (Which normally cures most things)

Then at half time it was just like a cloud lifted and I felt fine. Got back home and had a few beers and felt tickerty boo.

Without really knowing or even thinking too much about the game and it's ramifications, I was clearly suffering from some form of anxiety. the blades folding so quickly then lifted it. Its never happened before or since.

However, I really could not face the prospect of a Sheffield PO final

You felt better “after” that defeat ?

When weve been to our other play off finals weve lacked motivation and the daring to go for it

Chris would make sure we take every opportunity to storm the opposition
no flat displays ahead

hed light roaring fires where weve taken a lit match before in a hurricane

Funny to say, but i just don't want Wilder to have to take us to a play off game.

If i was home i'd probably go to the home leg, but Wembley or going to an away leg. Nah, not bothered. Its like the JPT for me. I'd probably watch if it was on TV, but that's it.

Given a choice of this season ending with us in 3rd-6th or 7th, i'd take 7th
You know you'd go. You wouldn't miss the opportunity to add to your half n half collection;).

Very very strange that anyone wouldn't want us to make the top 6.

As if this team would be hopeless...

Nice day out, loads of moneh for the club and a chance at the Prem...wot’s not to like....

wendies still hoping to squeezr into play offs

deluded tossers
32 points they are on means to get minimum 74 points for 6th , on a low season finish theyd need to win
14 of last 18
the rate their strikers are banging in goals it looks ,,,,,,,, unlikely

last season 6th got 80 points which means owls need to win 16 of 18

Very very strange that anyone wouldn't want us to make the top 6.

As if this team would be hopeless...
I just think that for the extra month or whatever it’s not worth it as it’s a month less preseason

A finishing spot in the play offs will have everyone up for it make no mistake. This squad of players under Wilder is a different breed. Hunger for the game and team ethic together are Wilder's ingredients for the perfect football feast.

The previous play off's before have all had that element of pressure to win it but this season it would be simply to go out there and show them what you can do.

Then again, If we were to lose in the semi's I don't think the fans would be devasted at all. Quite the opposite in fact. Done far better than expected before the season kicked off. The main objective was to simply maintain our championship status and anything above that is a bonus yet here we are talking about reaching the play off's yet we're just 7 points off automatic.

Didn’t go to the last one

I nearly didn't go either - just so pissed off with our crap record - then my boy chirped up "Dad - you do realise that the one you miss will be the one that we win"...........Hmmmm...let us hope it's the next one. At least next time, CW will make sure we leave everything out on the field.

UTB

must admit its crossed my mind if we got to the playoffs
probably against teams with bigger budgets that we'd just love it ,
no pressure on us I'd be very confident that we could finally win one.

I said it in September after we beat Sunderland away, and I’ve maintained this stance ever since.

We will be good enough to get a top six spot, and we will be good enough to win a play off final under Wilder.

I wasn’t unduly worried when we had our blip in November and December, it was bound to happen at some point, but I think we are over it, and well placed to push on.

History has taught me to dread the playoffs. I don't think I'm being a "Bladey cap-doffer" (TM Pinchy ;) )...it's more that in my lifetime, we just ALWAYS lose the bastarding things, however much we may seem to be favourites.

That said, this year, if we finish in the top 6, it will already far exceed the immediate expectations we all had post-Northampton last April. The ambition was, and to an extent, still is, just to stay up this first year, and then build from there. In my mind, if we get in the playoffs we've absolutely smashed that objective, and anything else is a bonus.

HOWEVER...if we do finish in the top 6, then I think we have as good a chance as anyone, whoever is in there. We will be there on merit, and on skill, and on football ability over a long, hard, 46-game season. We've all seen teams who finish 6th go on to win at Wembley (or Cardiff) and do as well or better the following season than the teams that went up via autos. Lord CW has instilled a mentality that I've never seen at the lane...we fear nobody, and whoever we play, we play OUR game, and we go about it in the right way. Nobody would want to play us in the semis, and nobody would look forward to playing us in the final.

(in relation to the OP...there's more chance of Swansea winning the premier league this season than there is of the "0-0 winners" being involved in the playoff final).

Anyone know when the PO semi finals would be? (not that I'm saying we'll be involved) We're in Majorca from the 9th May for a week and I have a feeling we'd be away when they play?

Blades v Warnock in the play offs. Be it the final or a semi final. Just has to happen.

Difficult looking play offs this season whatever happens though by the look of it.

But should we get there, I'm confident we can win them. We have a hell of a lot going for us.

Blades v Warnock in the play offs. Be it the final or a semi final. Just has to happen.

Difficult looking play offs this season whatever happens though by the look of it.

But should we get there, I'm confident we can win them. We have a hell of a lot going for us.
I'd hate that. I'd take Derby in the semis as we've been the better team over the 2 times we've played them.

Back
Top Bottom