Play Bogle and Baldock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fleck has been one of our worst performers this season. no idea why, but every time the ball goes towards him, my inner monologue is going 'please don't lose it'. I no longer expect him to do anything with the ball, would be happy just for him not to lose it. These thoughts stretch back prior to the end of the Leicester game. No idea what's gone with him, but he's not at the races. Needs to see the psychiatrist or something because his mind is not on the game.
Add to that his attitude when subbed

People always do this. Someone does one good thing, in this case a deflected goal, and they must start.

Let’s ignore the fact he’d be overwhelmed and out of position, and start him ahead of Norwood, ignoring everything he’s done for three years.
Bogle did more in 30 mins than Norwood's done all season. It doesn't matter what Norwood's done in the past if he's playing shit now.

Fleck has been one of our worst performers this season. no idea why, but every time the ball goes towards him, my inner monologue is going 'please don't lose it'. I no longer expect him to do anything with the ball, would be happy just for him not to lose it. These thoughts stretch back prior to the end of the Leicester game. No idea what's gone with him, but he's not at the races. Needs to see the psychiatrist or something because his mind is not on the game.
I agree completely and although it's definitely in part his general attitude, I wonder how much is due to losing JOC. Not seen any analysis to confirm this, but I reckon last season JOC must have received by far more passes from Fleck than any other player. His dynamism and forward runs often gave a good passing option or space to turn and run forwards himself, he looks clueless without that option. Or, he's just turned shite.

People always do this. Someone does one good thing, in this case a deflected goal, and they must start.

Let’s ignore the fact he’d be overwhelmed and out of position, and start him ahead of Norwood, ignoring everything he’s done for three years.
Im not agreeing with the idea of starting him over Norwood but Bogle did more than score a deflected goal. Got stuck in and didn’t stop pressing for the ball. Looked promising.

Baldock is still a better defender and Bogle did not impose himself this evening as he has been doing recently. Good to keep him on his toes.
Agree with that. Difference is that Bogle is likely to score more often and that edges it for me.

You'd have tp say, Bogle RWB and Baldock LWB purely because having RND there teams were just playing on our left side most of the match.

You'd have tp say, Bogle RWB and Baldock LWB purely because having RND there teams were just playing on our left side most of the match.
RND is ever improving, keep playing him.
Baldock was good today though. Just don’t like the lack of balance it gives us with him having to cut back.

He did his best, but Baldock didn't look comfortable on the left. His opportunities are going to be increasingly restricted with Bogle playing so well.

He put one out of play with his left foot, and misplaced one or two passes, but to my mind George looked much sounder there, defensively, than Nozzer or Edna have.

You’d worry that playing him there would mean everything going forward might be down our right hand side. But, tbf, JLT has done an ok job of getting forward these last few games, and, encouragingly, we’re doing much better playing through the middle now. So I don’t think that’s an issue.

Our defensive vulnerability down the left, however, very much HAS been an issue. Even during this decent run. On tonight’s showing, where we were much more solid, I’d say George offers us a viable option in that role.

His selection there tonight, of course, may well just be down to poor Ben Davies’ ongoing difficulties. In the unlikely event that you or any of your family are reading this, Ben, very best of luck to you all.

Last edited:
Reckon Baldock played there tonight because he offers abit more in the air compared to RND

So Baldock looked very shaky for the first 20 minutes, but sort of assisted on the first goal and made an unbelievable tackle at 1 up. Two key pieces of play. They didn't do much attacking down our left, the small bit of joy they had was Grant megzing Bash a couple of times.
Overall I would say Baldock was a big improvement on Enda, RND and Ben Osborn at LWB and will get better

Baldocks post match interview is superb in my opinion.

Footballers usually talk in clichés and sound bites, but it's a really honest interview, and he's a clearly top top lad.

Back
Top Bottom