PL clubs taking furlough payment option

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don‘t like the sound of “cash flow issues”

There is no cash coming into the club from anywhere and the future of the industry is completely unknown. It's obvious that will cause issues until the season is up and running again.

There is no cash coming into the club from anywhere and the future of the industry is completely unknown. It's obvious that will cause issues until the season is up and running again.

Haven't Sky paid the final TV payments out in full?

Haven't Sky paid the final TV payments out in full?

I don't think so. There was a debate about it on Talksport a few weeks back where they were saying Sky could claim money back if the season isn't completed.

We don't even know for sure whether there will be a next season but lots of clubs will have used the future income already and I imagine we are just one of many.

I don't think so. There was a debate about it on Talksport a few weeks back where they were saying Sky could claim money back if the season isn't completed.

We don't even know for sure whether there will be a next season but lots of clubs will have used the future income already and I imagine we are just one of many.

Sky have come out and said they won't do that. They could but they won't.

Sky have come out and said they won't do that. They could but they won't.

What about next seasons payments? There has got to be the potential for a delay?

Basically the clubs and Sky need football to be played ASAP.

IF that is true then Wilder is looking out for the club, the players can either like it or lump it as far as I’m concerned.
That's article is clearly from a possible conversation with an agent who is getting pissy because Wilder and Betis went first.
No issue with it from my perspective, leadership starts at the top, so they should be first to announce.
It's been received in an overwhelming positive way from the fans posts I've read, so I've no reason to believe the players announcing similar wouldn't get the same, certainly from our fans.

On a side note, why the fuck does that article claim to be by Benjamin Newman? All he's done is copied and pasted the content from Matt Law and added some tweets?

That's article is clearly from a possible conversation with an agent who is getting pissy because Wilder and Betis went first.
No issue with it from my perspective, leadership starts at the top, so they should be first to announce.
It's been received in an overwhelming positive way from the fans posts I've read, so I've no reason to believe the players announcing similar wouldn't get the same, certainly from our fans.

On a side note, why the fuck does that article claim to be by Benjamin Newman? All he's done is copied and pasted the content from Matt Law and added some tweets?

"While Sheffield United didn’t confirm how much money the club would be saving with these measures, the Telegraph believe that Wilder’s cut amounts to a £1.7 million pounds"

A £1.7 million pounds.

The Star beckons......

Players now deferring part of their wages...

I think what grates is for the last ?? years Branson Levy and the like have all pushed
the Free Enterprise, Small Government Low Taxation mantra and can I have a cherry pick at the NHS railways etc
Now having paid very low % in Taxes to the UK, they now want to baled out by all the things they despised

Norwich saying this morning that they will lose £35m this season if the rest of the games are played behind closed doors......and they spent less on players this season than I’ve spent on alcohol!

Back
Top Bottom