Picture developing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Keen Blade

Look Sharp !
Reaction score
Of our intended 25 :

LCB/LWB/LMF (6)
JoC , JackR , Enda , AntoneeR , Osborn & Fleck. I think Freeman will leave , because he'll want games but I reckon a combination of Osborn & Antonee can cover for Fleck.

CCB/RCB (4)
Egan , Bash , & a quality new face for competition & possibly Jags for cover.

RWB/CMF/RMF (6)
Baldock , Cash , Norwood , Berge , Swift & a new youngster to develop (Lunny will leave).

Goalie (3) - there'll be 3 but only WesF is certain at the moment. Cakir & Rambo might be in the frame or it could all be a hoax to get Hendo , who knows ?
Not worried really , we'll get a no1 goalie from somewhere.

Strikers (6) - only Billy , Didsy & McB are certain at the moment coz CalumR will probably leave & Moose might leave , so we could need 1-3 new faces.
Calum is a LW + doesn't fit our shape. CW might have had enough of Moose inconsistency but even if not , Moose has a gf & new baby in France so his head must be elsewhere + he might look for French club or London/South Coast , if family not uprooting to Sheffield.
Total guesswork on which strikers might arrive as prices are high and we'll be trying for a loan , especially if 3 are needed.

The areas where we need a significant spend are :
Goalie (unless Hendo)
Matty Cash
quality CCB/RCB
Striker

Some funds should be raised from sales of :
Freeman
Lunny
CalumR
possibly Moose

Ps - not counting chickens re Cash & Swift but at least we are looking at the right type.

You can normally tell from the sources which ones have a shred of truth to them:-

Ones I think we’re actively trying to sign:-

Ramsdale
Robinson
Cash
Swift
Brewster
*I’m sure there will be others, as yet unnamed.

Ones I think we may have shown interest in/enquired about hence the link:-

Cakir
Eze
Watkins

I think any others are horseshit and pure journo/fan talk.

If Freeman and Lunny both leave, I think we need two new midfielders personally. Swift one of them undoubtedly. Otherwise we have 5 to choose from for 3 positions and Wilder usually likes 2 players for every position.

What is becoming clear is that we're eager to sell a clutch of players to cover a chunk of our outlay. Before the end of the window I see us getting:
  • 1 GK
  • 1 LWB (AR)
  • 1 RWB (Cash)
  • 1 RCM (unless Cash is to cover both)
  • Swift
  • 1 striker (hope its not Brewster; maybe Watkins depending on recouped fees from Robinson, Freeman and Lunnys fee)

My feeling is that we're working to a fairly strict budget, and spending in some areas will depend on what we spend in others.

If Freeman and Lunny both leave, I think we need two new midfielders personally. Swift one of them undoubtedly. Otherwise we have 5 to choose from for 3 positions and Wilder usually likes 2 players for every position.

What is becoming clear is that we're eager to sell a clutch of players to cover a chunk of our outlay. Before the end of the window I see us getting:
  • 1 GK
  • 1 LWB (AR)
  • 1 RWB (Cash)
  • Swift
  • 1 striker (hope its not Brewster; maybe Watkins depending on recouped fees from Robinson, Freeman and Lunnys fee)

My feeling is that we're working to a fairly strict budget, and spending in some areas will depend on what we spend in others.

I hope we sign more than one striker. I know they are expensive, so maybe we are planning to increase the fire power of the team by adding more attacking midfielders? That's not a bad idea at all, but we could do with a bit of youth and pace up front as well.

(I was hoping to post these when I saw the title of the thread, but now I realise it's about something else, but I'll post them anyway).

1597129954807.png

• 1 GK
  • 1 LWB (AR)
  • 1 RWB (Cash)
  • Swift

I wonder if we will run a smaller squad but with more players who are considered as potential first teamers.

For instance, if the only avenue Cash has to get game time is to displace Baldock, then he's potentially in for a disappointing season. If he's got an avenue to challenge for RWB, RCB and RCM then it opens up a lot more for him.

I like the idea Wilder has. He's linked with 2 young guys at full back who could create a very good succession planning but also who can potentially cover a few slots in the squad to keep them involved.

I wonder if we will run a smaller squad but with more players who are considered as potential first teamers.

For instance, if the only avenue Cash has to get game time is to displace Baldock, then he's potentially in for a disappointing season. If he's got an avenue to challenge for RWB, RCB and RCM then it opens up a lot more for him.

I like the idea Wilder has. He's linked with 2 young guys at full back who could create a very good succession planning but also who can potentially cover a few slots in the squad to keep them involved.
Agree generally, although I think our squad was small anyway.

The picture I’m seeing involves a hell of a lot of work in a few very short weeks to be ready for the new season.

Back
Top Bottom