PFA / LMA Awards 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sothall_Blade

Reaction score
Will any of our players be nominated for the individual awards?
Will any of them make the team of the year?
Will Wilder get the manager of the year award?

My thoughts are that Henderson was under 23 at the start of the season and is therefore eligible for the Young Player of the Year award.
I think he'll be nominated but not win.

We have the second best defensive record in the league and Allison of Liverpool has only played half a season.
Henderson should be chosen as the goalie in the team of the year.

Van Dikj will definitely be one of the Centre Backs in the team of the year (and probably win the individual Player of the Year award too) but could Egan claim the other place?
I think that if there were any votes for our Centre Backs they could go to either Egan, O'Connell or Basham and as a consequence, none will make the team.

Fleck has arguably been amongst the best midfielders in The Premier League but probably not in the best three, so won't make the team.

Wilder to win at the LMA Awards?
It's surely between him and Klopp but it really depends how the rest of the season pans out and when the voting takes place.
Right now, I think that Klopp would deservedly edge it but if their season collapses a bit and we stay in and around the top six?
Maybe he could do it?
I think it's possible that they will invent some sort of "Special achievement" type award for whoever doesn't win the main award?

Much will depend on what’s achieved.

Yes we’ve had a great season but we’ve achieved nothing yet. If we grab a Champions League spot and reach a cup final then surely Wilder will get manager of the year.

Wilder will get manager of year. Henderson young player of year & rightly so.

Have we ever featured in a Premier League team of the year before?

If Liverpool had been the invincibles no doubt Klopp would have got Manager of the Season.

Piggy Pearson inadvertantly doing favours for a Blade!

He’s nowhere near it. Surely??

Well he'd be an outsider, which was sort of my point. There's not many that come to mind.

He's 18 and scored 11 goals and got 4 assists in all competitions in his first senior season so he might get nominated.

Also that lad at Arsenal, Martinelli. He's been alright, nowhere near TAA and Hendo though.

I can only thing of Mason Greenwood outside of TAA and Hendo

Chelsea boys - Mount, Abraham, Tomori?

Will any of our players be nominated for the individual awards?
Will any of them make the team of the year?
Will Wilder get the manager of the year award?

Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, J. Henderson and Mane are definitely going to be chosen for the TOTY from Liverpool.

De Bruyne is the only guaranteed pick I can see from City.

Can see Mount and Abraham getting close as well as Leicester's Maddison, Vardy and Ndidi. Jimenez at Wolves must be in the running too, maybe Ruben Neves too. Maybe Son at Spurs but injury and the Gomes tackle won't help him.

I can see a gap, potentially, for a CB and a GK. I wouldn't rule out D.Henderson (though I think they'll go for Allison) and, as a curve ball, Egan or O'Connell.

Can see a situation where we have Deano in goal, TAA, Virgil, Egan/JOC, Robertson in defence, KDB, J.Henderson and Mount/Maddison in midfield and Jimenez, Vardy and Mane as the strikers. Wilder or Klopp will be MOTY.

YPOTY will go to Trent but the Chelsea lads will be in contention too. Expect Deano to be nominated though.

Have I missed anybody? Aguero? Bernardo Silva? Jota? Could Bruno Fernandes get in on half a season? Wan Bissaka? Maguire?

Good call. Surely he’s only player who can beat Hendo to it though??

I think Traore and Grealish qualify as they were 23 at the start of the season.
I expect that will be nominated along with Maddison, TAA and Henderson.
Possibly Wan-Bissaka? Jota? Abraham? Soyuncu? Barnes? Chilwell?

Last edited:
Sorry fellas, our team being “greater than the sum of its partswill mean we won’t have any players in there.
Hendo of course is a Man U player so may get a mention in team of the year.
Wilder should get manager of the year provided we finish the season in the same way we have played up to now. Klopp of course will win the league with perhaps a record points total but I feel Wilders achievement in the circumstance could outshine his sucess.

Back
Top Bottom