Pathetic Warnock sacked but says...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tony

"Eacha heart out ya bums"
Reaction score
""I am leaving my beloved Bluebirds after over three years of which have been some of the best days in my long football career," Warnock said."

Let’s face it Warnock always went whichever way the wind was blowing.....nowt wrong with that I suppose.

It's only going to get worse now he'll be all over the media being asked about us

He was emotionally attached to Cardiff, they went through a very emotional catastrophe when that plane crashed
he spent weeks with them in mourning.
The fans had warmed to him greatly because of this and saw him with tinted specs on.
He also got paid more by them which is dearest to his heart

Nobody would accept a manager or player at BDTBL if they came in and declared their undying love for another club. Warnock was the master at making everyone feel that their club was his “best club.”
The Mr Schmooze character he cultivated was the perfect way of getting his current clubs fans on board.

Warnock seems to be either loved or loathed at every club he’s been at. It’s probably only at the Lane where opinion was split 50/50.

Personally I find it funny when he says stuff like this, just like when he says “it will be his last job in football”. It’s all part of his schtick. In a way it’s a reassuring constant, like Ken Barlow or the clocks going back.

It’s odd really that his detractors during his time at the Lane claimed he managed too much like a fan would and now he’s left he isn’t a big enough Blade.

Personally I never thought he was that big a Blade when he took over, not in the way Wilder or Billy Sharp are. United were obviously ‘his team’ growing up but from his teens onwards he moved away and spent his Saturdays playing and then managing other clubs in a pre wall to wall coverage era. I know plenty of people like this....it’s just how it is. Some people are supporters who live and breathe SUFC and others simply follow the results and take an interest, attending when it’s cheap or there is a big game.

In my opinion SUFC seem to have far more of the former rather than the latter (where as at our good friends across the city the reverse is the case) and our fanbase struggles to get their heads round this.

For me, personally the Warnock years coincided with my late teens/early 20s and I’ve some of my best memories of supporting the Blades from that era. Warnock has been eclipsed though now, time to move on.

Yeah Warnock and Wilder both hail from Sheffield.....

Frechville for the former and I've lost count of the number of times I heard the 'magic of the cup' story with "bus loads of Norwich fans driving past with all the magical colours".

Apart from the fact that there were no cheap man made scarves and everyone was skint, I wouldn't be surprised if we never even played Norwich in the cub. He liked a story did our Neil, even if it wasn't exactly on nodding terms with the facts.

I don't give a damn re his record, or clubs since he left us. My main resolute memory is that his dire tactics ( particularly away fro home ) brought relegation, and let to the worst period in recent Blades history.

Not sure what he's done wrong here and it seems he is leaving on good terms with both fans and board at Cardiff. I don't know why some of our fans get so personal about him.

He's the master at getting promoted to the Premier League, just not that good at staying there

We had a couple of fantastic seasons under Warnock - Brown, Tonge and Jagielka were the foundation of a great team. We also endured some rubbish under him too and his negative approach when we were in the Premier League was disastrous. However, for me the big problem I have with him is that he has generally acted like a complete tosspot towards us since he left.

Now he's got free Saturdays he'll be able to watch his beloved Blades.

He can sit with KM and they can reminisce about being bottle fed by Jimmy Hagan and Nudger Needham on the Pavilion steps wearing red and white nappies, and how they had the Bermondsey boot boys on their toes back in the day.

He's never managed in Scotland......he has a home there........Hibernian need a new manager........

Back
Top Bottom