Pathetic Blades Turnout

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So 30,000 again. Not sure what the issue is. We aren't gonna sell out until the points system is cleared up. I know loads of people who didn't think they could buy a ticket because they aren't a member or only had so many points.
Exactly. It's literally the clubs fault. No randomer, tourist/visitor, or even a Blade who hasn't been for years can decide to go and watch some Premier League football at the Lane anymore at the drop of a hat.

Exactly. It's literally the clubs fault. No randomer, tourist/visitor, or even a Blade who hasn't been for years can decide to go and watch some Premier League football at the Lane anymore at the drop of a hat.

Is this an issue? Based on revenue from Broadcasting / ticketing, I'm not sure it is. Every game will be 30,000, I'm unsure what the fuss is about?

'Pathetic Blades Turnout' - we currently have nothing better to whinge at, do we? Appreciate our journey, appreciate the here and now. Not find faults in everything Tony. Life ain't perfect. But I'm certainly happy with the Blades

So 30,000 again. Not sure what the issue is. We aren't gonna sell out until the points system is cleared up. I know loads of people who didn't think they could buy a ticket because they aren't a member or only had so many points.
Dont know what this guy (Tony) is trying to say but there wont be many left by kick off.
Who can blame anyone for not taking the limited view seats , I've been in those at away games and it's very frustrating.
Love your pods with Beans ( not a pun ) very informative and realistic your comments and opinions are.
More of that please.

Is this an issue? Based on revenue from Broadcasting / ticketing, I'm not sure it is. Every game will be 30,000, I'm unsure what the fuss is about?
Well yeah it obviously is an issue if Joe Bloggs can't go and watch United at the drop of a hat because of some daft ticketing policy
Losing a potential lifelong fan and new generation of fans

Well yeah it obviously is an issue if Joe Bloggs can't go and watch United at the drop of a hat because of some daft ticketing policy

I very much doubt that's the case, more likely we'll miss out on a few quid from a fair weather fan that won't go anywhere near the Lane if/when we're back in the Championship.

Which is unfortunate, but the away fans who've been on here trying to obtain tickets in our end shows that the club is justified in their approach..

Yeah but if Joe Bloggs and his mates are Burnley fans and give it the big ‘un in the Kop or BLUT they might find themselves fighting with Joe Blades and his mates, which will give SAG just the excuse they need to fuck us over.

Yeah but if Joe Bloggs and his mates are Burnley fans and give it the big ‘un in the Kop or BLUT they might find themselves fighting with Joe Blades and his mates, which will give SAG just the excuse they need to fuck us over.
Still think it's a daft way of doing things.

Talk of touts is ridiculous too, if you're buying football tickets from a resale site you're a fucking bellend.

I very much doubt that's the case, more likely we'll miss out on a few quid from a fair weather fan that won't go anywhere near the Lane if/when we're back in the Championship.
So what if he only ever goes to 3 games in his life? It's £100 the club wouldn't have had previously

I've almost given up trying to buy a ticket because 1) I assume there aren't any 2) I don't understand the points system and can't be arsed with queueing for ages on the phone to find out.

So what if he only ever goes to 3 games in his life? It's £100 the club wouldn't have had previously

Because the club have to ensure that Away fans don't go in the Home end, I think a few empty seats is better than risking issues in the stands which could put some people off from returning or the club facing potential sanctions.

Because the club have to ensure that Away fans don't go in the Home end, I think a few empty seats is better than risking issues in the stands which could put some people off from returning or the club facing potential sanctions.
I think the BB10 postcode might just give away that they're not a Blade when they're trying to get a single ticket on Cherry Street, don't you?

but isn't this the modern football problem, because if fans weren't constantly trying to get in the home end then clubs wouldn't be forced to use this system,

because im sure that most people don't care I had a chinese arsenal fan sat next to me, I found it amusing spent the 2nd half winding him up til he sulked at the end. but being sat in the home end is very dangerous they will always be some especially if going badly who will get violent. was it 2005 the akinbiyi (ironically) & tonge derby win at hillsbrough when a utd fan got dragged out off the swfc kop for his own safety by police

Yes I am very worried Burnley are going to take the home ends on Saturday. They have a history of huge away followings and infiltrating home ends and causing trouble in the Premier League. It could get very nasty if our ticket office is not at it this week.

Another 30000 crowd against mid table, long ball, rough em up Burnley. Tremendous effort. ( think this is where I put a winking emoji).
Not being funny but...have the restricted view tickets been made available yet? And there's a fair few seats available elsewhere in the ground not just the kop. Given the restrictions I agree 30,000 plus would be a great achievement.

Gate money doesn't matter anymore apparently.
I love it when people say they're not bothered about 'fair weather' fans not going to games, or even actively dislike them going.

A) Maybe they're just not that bothered about football and just go for a change/something to do - and that's fair enough
B) So fucking what if they've never been before, we'd all never been before at some point
C) I doubt the club view any money coming in as a negative, regardless of the fact he's been to 2 games in 45 years

Still think it's a daft way of doing things.

Talk of touts is ridiculous too, if you're buying football tickets from a resale site you're a fucking bellend.
Couldn't believe the amount of Touts at Stratford station on Saturday ,cant remember seeing that at a league game involving Utd before.

Further proof that capacity increase is needed if all that's left are a few crummy seats with a pillar or a wall a few feet away from your nose.

Back
Top Bottom