Pathetic Blades Turnout

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As I said, your post has no relevance to my reply to YES Blade . I suggested to him that a first timer applying for a ticket on Saturday with a Burnley postcode would be shown short thrift. You tried to counter that with an analogy about your amazing escapade 48 years ago. I don't know what you're trying to prove here other than being an argumentative tosser.
you said -

Probably because you've got a purchase history on the clubs database. Vetting people buying tickets shouldn't be difficult. If you got a Burnley postcode and this game is the first time you've tried to buy a ticket then shenanigans are pretty obvious.

to which I replied

First game I ever saw at Bramall Lane was against Leeds.

My postcode at the time was LS8 1QZ.

Your point is?

I didn't quote an anology, I quoted the precise situation I was in as a first time visitor to the Lane -

My point is that you wouldn't have sold me a ticket as my shenanigans were pretty obvious yet here I am over 48 years later still coming back having never had a Sheffield postcode and having held a season for about 40 of those 48 yrs.

Your refusal to sell me a ticket based purely on post code could have subsequently cost the club tens of thousands of pounds in lost future income.

Is it really that difficult to understand my point?

In these days of ever increasing social mobility postcodes are becoming less and less of an indication of an individuals background so by blocking sales to specific postcodes (and yes, I know some clubs do it) you really are taking a sledgehammer to crack a very small nut.

Finally, I usually find that once people turn to hurling insults it's generally because they have nothing of relevance or value to add to a discussion and they are merely trying to save their face and their ego.

I have nothing further to add to this discussion, have a nice day :)

Isn't that the same for every club?
But how do you attract fans otherwise?

Personally, I'd make that if you buy a membership you are eligible to buy a ticket for any home match once it gets past the lowest loyalty points numbers. Ok, some away fans might be daft enough to get a membership for the sake of one match, but it will put off the majority.

I don't think we've sold out per se this season...... Yet! 🤨
That’s because the capacity is given as the number of seats in the stadium when it should the maximum we are allowed to use due to segregation. We’ll never be able to sell every seat for a football match. That’s been obvious from the day we finished the corner.

What about fans that don't have a Sheffield or Burnley postcode? How do we know who they support?

Come on, lets be realistic. Its hardly likely that a group from say Scunthorpe are going to suddenly register for tickets for this match.

That’s because the capacity is given as the number of seats in the stadium when it should the maximum we are allowed to use due to segregation. We’ll never be able to sell every seat for a football match. That’s been obvious from the day we finished the corner.
I was referring to a available seats, not stated capacity!

Come on, lets be realistic. Its hardly likely that a group from say Scunthorpe are going to suddenly register for tickets for this match.

Agreed, so back to my original view, don't risk selling them a ticket and if the Scunthorpe group happen to be United fans wanting to attend their first match, then it's just tough shit.

There's not a single Burnley fan who lives outside Burnley. Apart from Ollie Norwood.

And that's a fact.

I know one born bred and still living in Oldham. He has no local friends......

Finally, I usually find that once people turn to hurling insults it's generally because they have nothing of relevance or value to add to a discussion and they are merely trying to save their face and their ego.

i was having a reasoned and interesting discussion with YES Blade and you butted in with an accusation of arrogance, to which I replied accordingly. Tough shit if that's upset you, don't start it in the first place.

i was having a reasoned and interesting discussion with YES Blade and you butted in with an accusation of arrogance, to which I replied accordingly. Tough shit if that's upset you, don't start it in the first place.
I'm very sorry, I didn't realise that it was a private discussion on a public forum.

IT WAS A WIND UP. Just getting at the miserable " well we haven't sold a game out " wankers.

I'm very sorry, I didn't realise that it was a private discussion on a public forum.

Who said it was private. It was a good natured discussion until you introduced the niceties and you're still at it.

Interestingly, for a similar game the last time in the Premier League (Middlesborough) we only got 27483. We got around the 28k for most of the less fashionable teams that season (Reading, Fuham etc.)

That said, I totally agree with looking at getting rid of some of the hoops people are having to jump through for these types of games when we could be selling out.
Without looking it up I think six of our 19 home games were under the magic 30k.

The fact the club are letting you get tickets for up to 4 family and Friends to me says there’s not that much been sold

I very much doubt that's the case, more likely we'll miss out on a few quid from a fair weather fan that won't go anywhere near the Lane if/when we're back in the Championship.

I'm surprised that you've reached that conclusion.

If I were to do a Risk vs Opportunity analysis of this situation I would definitely conclude that the likelihood of crowd trouble was minimal, vs the opportunities attached to attracting new fans whilst the club is at an all time commercial high.

The Risk - Away fans buy tickets in the home end.
There are numerous mitigations which can be taken, the obvious two that spring to mind
(1) Post Code checks on sales.
(2) Limit general sale purchases to 2 tickets per single transaction. A lot less likely to cause trouble when isolated.

But in honesty, even if away fans did infiltrate the home end the chance of trouble is highly unlikely. I can't remember many instances in the last 15 years of trouble of this nature.

The opportunities of attracting new fans & everything that brings should be fairly obvious.

I think the club has got this one horribly wrong. I have a friend, a Doctor in Sheffield, who is constantly using my customer number & bank card to purchase tickets to games. He wanted to bring 2 of his colleagues, big football fans now living in the city, but couldn't & the game wasn't even a sell out. It just seems stupid.

haha pathetic from the police as usual.
God forbid people actually turn up to these games & the police have to do some actual work...

I see our German friends somehow managed to get this game to go ahead without any issues...

I'm surprised that you've reached that conclusion.

If I were to do a Risk vs Opportunity analysis of this situation I would definitely conclude that the likelihood of crowd trouble was minimal, vs the opportunities attached to attracting new fans whilst the club is at an all time commercial high.

The Risk - Away fans buy tickets in the home end.
There are numerous mitigations which can be taken, the obvious two that spring to mind
(1) Post Code checks on sales.
(2) Limit general sale purchases to 2 tickets per single transaction. A lot less likely to cause trouble when isolated.

But in honesty, even if away fans did infiltrate the home end the chance of trouble is highly unlikely. I can't remember many instances in the last 15 years of trouble of this nature.

The opportunities of attracting new fans & everything that brings should be fairly obvious.

I think the club has got this one horribly wrong. I have a friend, a Doctor in Sheffield, who is constantly using my customer number & bank card to purchase tickets to games. He wanted to bring 2 of his colleagues, big football fans now living in the city, but couldn't & the game wasn't even a sell out. It just seems stupid.
If it can be mitigated, I'd agree with you. There may not have been trouble in 15 years from away fans on the home end, but how many times would they have needed to do it, once we were in internet buying times?
Posting tickets to a Sheffield address, or collecting tickets, with ID, not from opponents region would probably solve 90% of the potential issues that would arise. Remeber, we've not been playing the likes of Liverpool , manU , who would try to get tickets and could arrive in numbers, if not properly controlled by ticket office.

haha pathetic from the police as usual.
God forbid people actually turn up to these games & the police have to do some actual work...

I see our German friends somehow managed to get this game to go ahead without any issues...
😮 😮 😮 30,000 away for a 2nd round cup match on a Wensdi neyt . Not bad.......

Still 674 tickets ( excluding Kop Corner ) unsold as of this morning. :(
How can it be pathetic when we are on for our 3rd average of over 30 k for the season

Our massive neighbours up the road haven't done it once in that time

What about that rowdy bunch on my coach in Malia when I was with my mates Simon, Jay and Neil?

Burnley can fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom