Owls Above Us In The League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And despite having just come out of "the worst period in our history" we finished above our average for the last 50 yrs.

Bloody drama queens

Them bloody Wombles get a poor deal , better than us in the last 50 years what a croc of shite that list is.

Equally laughable is the idea that we 'belong' in the Premiership. As it happens, top half of the Championship is about our average, which seems about right to me. Give me top half of the Championship with the odd few years Premiership and I won't moan with that, and anything extra would be lovely..

Equally laughable is the idea that we 'belong' in the Premiership. As it happens, top half of the Championship is about our average, which seems about right to me. Give me top half of the Championship with the odd few years Premiership and I won't moan with that, and anything extra would be lovely..
Exactly.

I want to win the Prem, of course, but i'm not crazy. I know that's not a realistic goal.

The past few years and 1 season in the Prem aside, my supporting lifetime we've been in the Championship,

Of those 17 seasons in the championship since '94, we've finished 5th-10 in 11 of them. This is our par. Doesn't mean we shouldn't hope for more, but it's realistically where we can expect to be right now.

That said, i'm incredibly grateful we have a manager who completely disagrees with me and wants much more.

top half champs and outside top 6 prem are the same league

Really interesting that over the last 50 years both Sheffield clubs are right with each other.

Where the fuck does their sense of self-entitlement and massiveness come from? Fucking astounding

Bonkers Grandads who don't reliese that in the days of non segregation that 25000 Man U fans came over to fill their oversized stadium.

Bonkers Grandads who don't reliese that in the days of non segregation that 25000 Man U fans came over to fill their oversized stadium.

Those were the days. All seemed to be hooligans as well

All the Lancs clubs, would bring loads of fans , coming over Woodhead in their Charabancs ,the sty was very easy to get to with it being the outskirts , the pig-fans would walk from Stocky with pitch forks , the posh ones would use a hos and cart . The returning Charabancs would after endure Hell-fire pass , which was a stretch of road , going thru Stocksbridge , where the away coaches got Bricked by inbred locals with six fingers

No ambition :D

Really interesting that over the last 50 years both Sheffield clubs are right with each other.

Where the fuck does their sense of self-entitlement and massiveness come from? Fucking astounding

In the 1990s they became a household name and cemented themselves as the most famous team in Sheffield.

Yes, they're cunts with delusions of grandeur but it's easy to see why they started to get carried away.

1991 League Cup Winners
1992 3rd place league finish
1993 UEFA Cup participants
1993 League Cup Runners-up
1993 FA Cup Runners-up

Add all that to the fact they were in the Premier League from it's inception until the year 2000 and had some high profile England international players like Waddle, Walker and Palmer.

And of course Hillsborough hosted matches at Euro 96 which just boosted their egos further.

In the 1990s they became a household name and cemented themselves as the most famous team in Sheffield.

Yes, they're cunts with delusions of grandeur but it's easy to see why they started to get carried away.

1991 League Cup Winners
1993 FA Cup Runners-up

Add all that to the fact they were in the Premier League from it's inception until the year 2000 and had some high profile England international players like Waddle, Walker and Palmer.

And of course Hillsborough hosted matches at Euro 96 which just boosted their egos further.
And they ended up in so much debt funding their little 2 year hiatus with the big boys that they were minutes away from going out of business entirely

Which tells me that spell was above their natural level

1991 League Cup Winners
1993 FA Cup Runners-up

I see the Parson Cross Rovers apologist is here again.

1991 League Cup Winners
1993 FA Cup Runners-up

They WERE the most famous team in Sheffield... for all of three years.

Now they're best known for being a midtable Championship side with a dictatorial chairman, a funny-looking manager and one of the most overpriced players in the league bottling it for them week in, week out.

And they ended up in so much debt funding their little 2 year hiatus with the big boys that they were minutes away from going out of business entirely

Which tells me that spell was above their natural level

Exactly this!
It ties up with what I said about their attitude before in this thread.
Despite all the evidence to the contrary their mental gymnastics abilities allow them to "genuinely" believe that a three year purple patch over a quarter a century ago now, is their real normal.

Back
Top Bottom