Outstanding GK Performances Against Us

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Phil Parkes (QPR) November 1970
Jim Montgomery (Sunderland) February 1971
John Burridge (Blackpool) August 1974
Pat Jennings (Spurs) November 1974
Jimmy Rimmer (Arsenal) December 1974

I remember my dad writing in his letter to me at school in Sept 1975 saying that our shots kept hitting every part of Kevin Keelan's body except for his arms or hands. He added that it was the luckiest goalkeeping performance he had ever seen

All of them were pretty damned good keepers.

pommpey

Does anyone remember a night match at home to Millwall in the mid 80s? We were losing 1-0 and the keeper was having an absolute blinder, then he made two massive errors in the dying minutes and we ended up wining 2-1. The Kop were all singing "Who's the wanker in the net?"

David Seaman's save from Asaba/Pesch is possibly one of the best I have ever seen, equal to Banks's against Pele. How the fuck he managed to reach backwards and flick the ball practically off the line is what makes just 'goalkeepers' from 'excellent goalkeepers'.

But agree. Pressman, for a bit of a chippopotamus, was certainly saving his best for us. Except Browny's volley, which would have beat six fatty Pressmen.

pommpey
pressman was fantastic that day until Kabba broke the dam. that's the best I can remember

Think it was between 2007-2009 we played Southampton at the lane midweek game was 0-0. But if I remember Kelvin davis had a great game for saints

Phil Parkes (QPR) November 1970
Jim Montgomery (Sunderland) February 1971
John Burridge (Blackpool) August 1974
Pat Jennings (Spurs) November 1974
Jimmy Rimmer (Arsenal) December 1974

I remember my dad writing in his letter to me at school in Sept 1975 saying that our shots kept hitting every part of Kevin Keelan's body except for his arms or hands. He added that it was the luckiest goalkeeping performance he had ever seen
Pat Jennings top keeper. He sometimes caught the ball with one hand 😳🤭

Peter Shilton got a 10/10 from the Sheffield Star, he was awesome for Derby, but couldn't stop our new hero.

When I read the thread title I came on to post this. I think that many of us had the mindset that it just wasn't going to be our day.

David Seaman's save from Asaba/Pesch is possibly one of the best I have ever seen, equal to Banks's against Pele.
pommpey

Was from Peschi though mate. Asaba then kicked it over the bar.

Arsenal had the audacity to introduce the smarmy so and so to the crowd at half time at the emrites. No one clapped in the Blades end!

Peter Bonnetti for Chelsea against us at the Lane in the 1960's , kept everything out that night, the most outstanding performance I have ever seen. At the final whistle the Kop even sang his name , and he ran over and waved!

Boxing Day 1970 . We were awarded a free kick at Kop End. As Woody was about to take it, a firework exploded in the Kop but the quick thinking Woody bent the free kick round the wall and into the net. Peter Shilton never moved (probably stunned by the firework explosion and losing his concentration). In the programme for the next home game it said that they were unable to take a photo of the goal because Woody was "too quick" for the photographers

September 1971

December 1972, Woody scored against Shilton from a penalty and again in October 1973 also in November 1975 at Stoke

October 1977 Woody scored with a volley against Shilts in John Harris testimonial

Boxing Day 1970 . We were awarded a free kick at Kop End. As Woody was about to take it, a firework exploded in the Kop but the quick thinking Woody bent the free kick round the wall and into the net. Peter Shilton never moved (probably stunned by the firework explosion and losing his concentration). In the programme for the next home game it said that they were unable to take a photo of the goal because Woody was "too quick" for the photographers

September 1971

December 1972, Woody scored against Shilton from a penalty and again in October 1973 also in November 1975 at Stoke

October 1977 Woody scored with a volley against Shilts in John Harris testimonial

I was at this match , and it's really frustrating because I am definitely in the camera shot to the left of the post but it's impossible to get it clear enough to pick me out . I would have been a 22 year old sprog then..almost 70 now !! BLOODY ELL .... Woody pulled the goal straight from the corner kick more than once ,what a team what a player.... sigh....

Was from Peschi though mate. Asaba then kicked it over the bar.

Arsenal had the audacity to introduce the smarmy so and so to the crowd at half time at the emrites. No one clapped in the Blades end!
It was Jags who blasted it over the bar.

Back
Top Bottom