Out of Towner

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MancBlade85

Reaction score
hello.

I am one of those bastard out of towners that got a season ticket this year despite not going to a game for about 8 years (i was out of the country for 4 of them so I kind of have an excuse).

I'll be making my way over the snake pass fortnightly... so questions:

- parking spots? where's decent to park thats free and walkable? got a mate living in meersbrook, that any good?

- this 20% shop discount lark. gonna go get it before the game from the ticket office. but presume shop will be open on first home game of the season despite it saying its closed sundays on the website, so i can get a shirt?

- is The Matilda still boarded up? used to go with my old man before games many years ago, tried when i lived in sheffield for uni about 12 years ago and it was well and truly closed.

- how many naas before ooh?

hello.

I am one of those bastard out of towners that got a season ticket this year despite not going to a game for about 8 years (i was out of the country for 4 of them so I kind of have an excuse).

- parking spots? where's decent to park thats free and walkable? got a mate living in meersbrook, that any good?

- this 20% shop discount lark. gonna go get it before the game from the ticket office. but presume shop will be open on first home game of the season despite it saying its closed sundays on the website, so i can get a shirt?

- is The Matilda still boarded up? used to go with my old man before games many years ago, tried when i lived in sheffield for uni about 12 years ago and it was well and truly closed.

Meersbrook is a bit of a trek. There's loads of street parking around Myrtle Road but it gets very busy so the later you get here the further away you have to park.

The Blades Superstore is always open on match-day.

hello.

Imagine only being in Manchester (?) and not even bothering to go to a game in 2 recent promotion seasons.

The likes of Matt Ritchie and Jack Cork must hold massive appeal with you....

Jump on train pal. If you must drive ............... park on Sharrow Lane near junction with Psaltar Lane. Get there early though. 15/20 mins walk to / from ground, but on your way back you will walk past all those buggers sat in a traffic jam trying to exit Sheffield. Then you zip up Psaltar Lane (ish lol, might be a crawl ;)) straight through the leafy bits and out on your way back over the hill.

Good luck and I hope your journeys home are happy ones 👍👍

Snake pass shut - snow. The mosque on Wolsley rd is always a good spot, 5 mins to ground. No idea about club shop, it's a rip off. Matilda been shut for years, try Yorkshire Grey up the road. Enjoy your day.

Yorkshire Grey was flattened years ago to make way for the car park. Think you mean The Roebuck
theres also the Red Lion on Charles Street and Lord Nelson aka Fannys ex landlord of Matilda is involved in running Fannys

Come down Rivelin Valley Road from the A57. Park near the fire station.
5 minute walk to the tram terminus.
Avoids the match traffic & no parking charges, just get a day ticket on the tram.
Only downside is the smell near where you get the tram...

Come down Rivelin Valley Road from the A57. Park near the fire station.
5 minute walk to the tram terminus.
Avoids the match traffic & no parking charges, just get a day ticket on the tram.
Only downside is the smell near where you get the tram...

Or park around Crosspool just off the a57 and catch a 51 bus virtually to the ground - No funny porky smells that way ;)

Word of warning....in the past I’ve been into the shop 1st home game of the season and there’s always been quite long queues outside waiting to get in.
Also suspect there might be many 100’s hoping to collect their 20% off voucher from the ticket office.
I’d allow plenty of time because the ticket office and club shop might be chaos today with everyone wanting to buy a shirt.

Regards parking....I park well away from the ground at the top of Granville Road and walk in but the suggestions of parking at Rivelin or Crosspool seem best.

Last edited:
Imagine only being in Manchester (?) and not even bothering to go to a game in 2 recent promotion seasons.

The likes of Matt Ritchie and Jack Cork must hold massive appeal with you....
Imagine thinking spending time with my Mum at the weekends, who was dying of a brain tumour, was more important than football the last 2 years. soz.

Yorkshire Grey was flattened years ago to make way for the car park. Think you mean The Roebuck
theres also the Red Lion on Charles Street and Lord Nelson aka Fannys ex landlord of Matilda is involved in running Fannys
Fanny's is Darren's pub. He ran the Matilda for a while a little while after his Dad(Dougie) lost his licence for opening up for early bird when we played Leeds one time, the magistrates decided to make an example of him.

Imagine thinking spending time with my Mum at the weekends, who was dying of a brain tumour, was more important than football the last 2 years. soz.
You will get no sympathy from some of the bastards on here I was seriously ill a while back and on top of that when my dad passed away 6 year back I have had to look after my mum who has dementia so it does piss me off when they come here spouting their bigger blade bollocks.

Fanny's is Darren's pub. He ran the Matilda for a while a little while after his Dad(Dougie) lost his licence for opening up for early bird when we played Leeds one time, the magistrates decided to make an example of him.

It was Man Ure from what I remember I dont think Darren had anything to do with Matilda but did end up at Lord Nelson with Dougie and Hilda helping him on his way they are both still there most match days

It was Man Ure from what I remember I dont think Darren had anything to do with Matilda but did end up at Lord Nelson with Dougie and Hilda helping him on his way they are both still there most match days
He did run the Matilda with a pal of his but not straight after Dougie and Hilda and only for a short while just prior to it's closure.

Back
Top Bottom