Our Manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Robboblade1889

Reaction score

For all those who say he doesn’t take responsibility and blames everyone else watch this. He knows there has been mistakes it’s been a truly awful season but can anyone honestly say they want someone else in the dig out on the opening game of next season?
Hold your nerve blades fans we will be back and back quickly if this man is in charge. Keep the faith UTB

I understand the criticism from the fans, I can't speak for all of us of course (although I don't see why not, I'm the best at forums) but for me it's simply a case of, I expected more effort this season than the players have put in, for whatever reason it just hasn't happened for us this season.

When I see the squad performing at their best I think we fully deserve to be in this league, unfortunately our position and fate is entirely down to us and that's honestly fine by me.

Wilder will get criticism considering his incredible record with us I think we were maybe too used to the guy working wonders. The man stays with the club as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't want anyone else leading us in to next seasons battle.

Fans expectations have been raised at a phenomenal pace. It was always untenable at that rate of rapid acceleration and, with hindsight, became an unstoppable train. Our growth has been akin to that of a business that expands too rapidly and finds itself with cash flow issues. It happens !!

The acid test truly becomes IF and HOW we go again next season.

Honestly, I can’t wait to find out 😀.

UTB

This video is quite worrying. Wilder has worked wonders for our club but his non-vebal communication skills displayed here reveal, quite possibly, someone who can probably identify some of our problems but perhaps has no ideas left about what to try next to address them given current resources. He is hesitant, mumbling, stuttering and his body language is almost as if he is trying to hide from the situation and the camera.
Having said that, my instinct is that he should keep his post and try to recover the success of previous seasons next year in the Championship. It suggests to me that much also needs changing within our club to afford him more assistance, especially, for example, in recruitment, financial and forward planning areas.
This is only my second post here so I have no intention to fuel any existing arguments but we are, after, all, all on the same side. The long term future stability of our club should be the main aim given the many examples elsewhere.

This video is quite worrying. Wilder has worked wonders for our club but his non-vebal communication skills displayed here reveal, quite possibly, someone who can probably identify some of our problems but perhaps has no ideas left about what to try next to address them. He is hesitant, mumbling, stuttering and his body language is almost as if he is trying to hide from the situation and the camera.
Having said that, my instinct is that he should keep his post and try to recover the success of previous seasons next year in the Championship. It suggests to me that much also needs changing within our club to afford him more assistance, especially, for example, in recruitment, financial and forward planning areas.
This is only my second post here so I have no intention to fuel any existing arguments but we are, after, all, all on the same side. The long term future stability of our club should be the main aim given the many examples elsewhere.

Yeah his mannerisms during the full interview are interesting, he does seem a bit lost to be honest. I think he knows last nights result coupled with the Egan injury was the final nail in the coffin for this season.

Could do with a body language expert to watch some of his interviews.

I agree and have seen that as a potential area for improvement even in our successful times. Good communication builds confidence too.

Yeah his mannerisms during the full interview are interesting, he does seem a bit lost to be honest. I think he knows last nights result coupled with the Egan injury was the final nail in the coffin for this season.

Hi.

I’m DronnieSaurus.

Have we been introduced ?

😉.

UTB

hes had to keep positive through all this but i think hes known like the majority of our fans that weve been down for weeks now but he looks very deflated i would hope that next season the players who have let him down badly this season react and are determined to get us back up mind think theres a big overall coming this summer

We got to the top flight because of him, We'll be back there because of him, my faith in him hasn't wavered in the slightest.
I don't listen to those who have turned on him at the drop of a fart, it renders every other opinion they have about the club worthless as far as I'm concerned.

For all those who say he doesn’t take responsibility and blames everyone else watch this. He knows there has been mistakes it’s been a truly awful season but can anyone honestly say they want someone else in the dig out on the opening game of next season?
Hold your nerve blades fans we will be back and back quickly if this man is in charge. Keep the faith UTB

Bless him. Looks as distressed as i've ever seen him. Gotta feel for him.

How many of us on here could manage a football club? Particularly one that encapsulates your heart and soul and all the personal emotional investment that goes with it.

Whatever his flaws and mistakes(we all have and make them) he has my deepest admiration and respect.

Bless him. Looks as distressed as i've ever seen him. Gotta feel for him.

How many of us on here could manage a football club? Particularly one that encapsulates your heart and soul and all the personal emotional investment that goes with it.

Whatever his flaws and mistakes(we all have and make them) he has my deepest admiration and respect.
Looks completely fed-up and I don’t blame him. We’ve all been there. Trouble is we have 14 more games to endure ☹️

This video is quite worrying. Wilder has worked wonders for our club but his non-vebal communication skills displayed here reveal, quite possibly, someone who can probably identify some of our problems but perhaps has no ideas left about what to try next to address them given current resources. He is hesitant, mumbling, stuttering and his body language is almost as if he is trying to hide from the situation and the camera.

What the fuck does anybody expect him to say, expect him to act in front of the press after another defeat
He probably cant say what hes really thinking, I would want to hide from the camera be hesitant and mumble in front of a TV camera thrust into my face after a game we have given the opposition two goals again, after the season we have had, after another injury to a vital player. He knows this season has gone like the rest of us but he cant come out and say that outright. All this bollocks about body language is just that bollocks
Hes a manager that started in the Sheffield Sunday League, hes one of us, hes a fan,the scrutiny you get in the PL as a a manager is relentless and unforgiving

Good post mate!

And your point is? Oh we are going down is that your point? So what we have gone down before and likely to go down again. Chris wilder is one of the best things to happened to this club and we wouldn’t be anywhere near the premier league without him.
Yes he’s made mistakes but anyone who thinks someone walks into this club and gets anywhere near the success he’s had or likely to have are mental. My support for him is as strong now as it was when he did the impossible. Can’t wait to get back in the ground and shoot him we are all behind him.

hes had to keep positive through all this but i think hes known like the majority of our fans that weve been down for weeks now but he looks very deflated i would hope that next season the players who have let him down badly this season react and are determined to get us back up mind think theres a big overall coming this summer
Is he going to wear an oversized boiler suit then?
Sorry!!😉

Doesn't take a detective to see hes gutted. Fucking hell, that west ham result will have been as much of a gut punch to him as it was to us. Probably more, as hes likely still not accepted we are down ( I wouldnt want a manager to do).

Should he have swaggered out looking upbeat and saying how these players are definitely looking like pulling us out of it? We'd have just been saying hes in denial.

The problem CW has is if had we struggled to survive in year 1 in the prem, then gone down fighting this year everyone would be behind him and the players

However having shown what is possible as a club, to fall so far short year 2 has to raise questions over not just the players, but also the manager

After all he has built the squad, picks the team and drives the tactics

They are equally culpable

He needs to get off to a winning start next season or questions over his position should be asked

Please Chris get your shit together, forget the last few months and get our pride back

What the fuck does anybody expect him to say, expect him to act in front of the press after another defeat
He probably cant say what hes really thinking, I would want to hide from the camera be hesitant and mumble in front of a TV camera thrust into my face after a game we have given the opposition two goals again, after the season we have had, after another injury to a vital player. He knows this season has gone like the rest of us but he cant come out and say that outright. All this bollocks about body language is just that bollocks
Hes a manager that started in the Sheffield Sunday League, hes one of us, hes a fan,the scrutiny you get in the PL as a a manager is relentless and unforgiving
He is our manager and it's important to be able to clearly and competently articulate those issues he is able to with confidence. Body language is an important part of confident management which can set the example for others who are expected to perform well in their own roles.

Doesn't take a detective to see hes gutted. Fucking hell, that west ham result will have been as much of a gut punch to him as it was to us. Probably more, as hes likely still not accepted we are down ( I wouldnt want a manager to do).

Should he have swaggered out looking upbeat and saying how these players are definitely looking like pulling us out of it? We'd have just been saying hes in denial.
But it's still important to say what you have to say well.

I was not going to comment on this issue and Wilder as it has caused a lot of tension on here and I don't believe in sniping at someone when they are downbeat like that, with that said I think the OP is directed at posters like me so will respond accordingly;

That is a very sad watch and I am genuinely gutted for him.

With that said he very rarely if ever clearly takes responsibility (unlike Bielsa, Areta etc. for example), so the exception proves the rule here.

He has over the past 10 months sneered at the fans:

• Playstation manager comments
  • Anyone questioning our shape and system is talking nonsense
  • Criticism of anyone is cheap

He has thrown the players under a bus, in particular after Leicester away last season in one of the most disgraceful outbursts I have ever seen at our football club.
He has made veiled digs at the board.

It's not an easy job and there is a lot of high pressure. With that he is being paid a handsome (and deserved) salary and a job that most of us could never dream of, so I have stated that a bit of humility and professionalism in places would not have gone amiss.

As I have always said he is the best manager to get us out of the Championship, if he learns from his mistakes.

Onwards and upwards, and I hope the damage will not run into next season.

He is our manager and it's important to be able to clearly and competently articulate those issues he is able to with confidence. Body language is an important part of confident management which can set the example for others who are expected to perform well in their own roles.

Some context is required here. He's just watched his side get dicked 3-0 in London on a Monday night, one of his key players has been rushed to hospital, another one has gone off with a suspected snapped ankle, we're rooted to the bottom of the table, and that probably wasn't even his first post-match interview. He probably had to explain why we were shit to several other media outlets using different descriptions of what happened each time.

He's not a car salesman or a politician, he can't always be perfectly poised and ready with a perfect pitch. He's out there feeling exactly what we're feeling in real time.

Back
Top Bottom