Our Defence

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Touch wood they all seem really solid on the injury front too.

Despite all the other qualities throughout the back line, how well has Egan quietly gone about his business of no nonsense strength and simple defensive work?

Look what has happend to Brentford since he left them.

Be such a tough pick this season

- Bash
-Billy
- Mcgoldrick
- enda
- Egan
- Deano

All contenders for me

Norwood in with a shout too imo . My choice though? Eggsy, a steal at 4 million . A 3 way tie for 2nd spot though, bashambauer, Enda and the fat lad .

Eagan was my MOM today....won everything in the air and did the simple things well when needed. Played a few nice cross field balls too.

Egan has been a huge upgrade on Stearman. As has Henderson on either of last season's keepers.

Those two are the biggest difference for us this season. They're why we're 2nd.

Completelyagree with op

Defence were fantastic and have been for the past 4 league games , the closing down , tackling , tracking back by all 11 was great today

certainly encouraging signs for the next 4 months !

Also a mention for Baldock , felt he had a very solid game also and is defending very well

9 points inside the playoffs! fantastic achievement

Norwood in with a shout too imo . My choice though? Eggsy, a steal at 4 million . A 3 way tie for 2nd spot though, bashambauer, Enda and the fat lad .

The fact that I forgot someone of Norwoods quality just shows how well the team are playing.

That and I’m a fucking idiot, apologies to Norwood.

Egan has been an exceptional acquisition.

That is all.
Looks an absolute steal now.

My piggy mate lives in London and watches Brentford a lot said that he thought Brentford got a great deal out of the Egan sale. He also went on to take the piss turning the big money signings thing back on me as I’d berated them for signing shit for mega money...

My response was that it was decent money for a decent player, not lavishly chucking money at players that are past it.

Egan has been class. Pure and simple

Looks an absolute steal now.

My piggy mate lives in London and watches Brentford a lot said that he thought Brentford got a great deal out of the Egan sale. He also went on to take the piss turning the big money signings thing back on me as I’d berated them for signing shit for mega money...

My response was that it was decent money for a decent player, not lavishly chucking money at players that are past it.

Egan has been class. Pure and simple

Worth mentioning that he won't be on big money, which is always an advantage of taking players from the likes of Brentford. If you pay 4 million for a player from a prem club - or one of the bigger championship clubs - you have to factor the wage packet in. That's why it wasn't suprising to see us linked with Waghorn and sign Mcgoldrick. Madine is also on his first biggish wage packet after moving to Cardiff; it's not as if he signed for them in the prem. You can go through our squad and make similar observations.

Worth mentioning that he won't be on big money, which is always an advantage of taking players from the likes of Brentford. If you pay 4 million for a player from a prem club - or one of the bigger championship clubs - you have to factor the wage packet in. That's why it wasn't suprising to see us linked with Waghorn and sign Mcgoldrick. Madine is also on his first biggish wage packet after moving to Cardiff; it's not as if he signed for them in the prem. You can go through our squad and make similar observations.
Yeah i love that we pick up players this way. A lot of clubs could learn from the way we do things

Yeah i love that we pick up players this way. A lot of clubs could learn from the way we do things
Shhhhhhh, we don't want anybody to learn, were an exception to the rule, our manager and his staff are a one off, and they're all ours.

Back
Top Bottom