Our back three

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Consoling to know that even after the biggest over achievement in the club's history that there still has to be a scapegoat
Suppose it's a mark of how far we've come that this one us actually a good player

Kristian Pedersen from Birmingham would cover LWB and LCB nicely.
Only been at B'rum a year they'll want good money, the more I think about Lazaar the more I like it as left side back up, Serie A experience, shouldn't cost much and would put Wednesday out no end. Only problem in the past is he seems a bit lippy.

I notice from reading the rumour mill that very few rumoured signings relate to defenders which says a lot about our current back three I think.

Personally I wouldn’t look to change that trio at all. They’re all good enough to play in the Premier League and the continuity will serve us well. Difficult to see whom we could realistically add to improve that area. I’m hoping we bring younger prospects in to compete with them longer term.

We perhaps lack depth there but I really hope we focus the spending on areas further up the field.

I think plblades fans are listening to their heart too much RE Bash, a great player and servant but if we’re to survive and progress we have to be looking to improve on RCB and RB. Basham makes a lot of tackles a lot of blocks but that’s not always a good thing although successful as you get to a higher level players don’t allow players to regain lost ground/be out of position.

You don’t see Egan or O’Connell making half as many blocks/tackles and that’s because they position themselves in a way that diffuses situations before they arise.

Basham has to be the man to cover RCB, RB, CDM for me. A vital part of the squad and a great servant to the club but don’t let your hearts cloud your judgement we have to keep progressing and RCB and RB a definite need of an upgrade.

I hope we get 3-4m for Baldock and bring in a big upgrade at RB I don’t think Baldock provides us enough going forward for how often he finds himself in advanced positions his assist and goal ratio is woeful. I’m not saying freeman is better (although I have in the past) I think Baldocks determination and progression under Wilder is evident but he doesn’t have close to the quality needed to succeed at the highest level for us I don’t think. I hope I’m wrong as I don’t think we’ll move him on but RB one of the first places I’d look.

I'm sure Adams won their awards but Pedersen had a good first season.

He definitely looks very solid and aggressive, with excellent physicality and reasonable ability on the ball. At 6 foot 2 he'd be quite a natural at LCB.

With LWB cover, I think it's more important to go on the side of defensive ability rather than attacking ability. We shouldn't be as reliant on the wing backs going forward as we should have more pace and quality in attacking areas. A more defensive LWB is also more likely to be able to cover LCB - which is desirable.

Clearly nobody fancies Kean Bryan as left side cover!

apparently we are in for Lenihan once again. If Reece James can get fit for the season somehow then 100% i'd want him here - maybe one to look at in JTW?

apparently we are in for Lenihan once again. If Reece James can get fit for the season somehow then 100% i'd want him here - maybe one to look at in JTW?
Lenihan would make a lot of sense.

Value for money with his ability at both centre half and defensive midfield. Makes him strong competition for the Basham role.

Lenihan would make a lot of sense.

Value for money with his ability at both centre half and defensive midfield. Makes him strong competition for the Basham role.
Age on his side too... plus he's Irish and has played lower leagues

The Basham upgrade question seems to have been asked prior to every season since Wilder arrived and every time he’s responded and proved to be on of our best players. I definitely wouldn’t write him off.

Along with William Louis Sharp whose name does not appear on many of the suggested line ups for next season published on here , in spite of another prolific season .

I can only assume that between April and now his legs have gone - again . Anyone ITK ? :)

brightons back players made the step up

wolves back line coped
Bournemouth managed it

why should ours fail miserably

they were head and shoulders the best defence in 2019 in the championship

egan basham and OConnel deserve their day in the sun

Back
Top Bottom