Other English Teams You Like

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

idleurchin

International Arm Stealer
Reaction score
Yep. I'm bored.

Which teams (if any) other the mighty Blades do you have a soft spot for and why?

I'll kick us off.

Spurs - Was a huge Gazza fan growing up and always like how they play

Everton - Uncle is from just outside Liverpool and I used to go to quite a few matches with him - proper club

Bradford - One of my first away matches (was about 8 years old) and always remember being sat in a beer garden chatting to their fans, who were dead friendly and playing on the climbing frame/swings with their kids

Portsmouth - Same as Everton story really. Local relative and all that

Chesterfield - Where I live now so always like to see them do well

Borussia Dortmund - Met a guy on holiday in Turkey a few years back who was part of the technical staff there - Lovely bloke who had some amazing stories to tell and even posted out a home shirt to my lad when he got back - Will be going there next season to take in a game or two

Sampdoria - Bought one of their shirts when I was young on holiday and kept an eye out for them ever since

EDIT: Apologies should be "other teams" not "other english teams"

I think they're all lovely.

Met a Scottish couple while on holiday mid 80s, in salou. He was an Ayr Utd supporter, so always look out for their results.
My ex’s family were all Newcastle fans, still have a soft spot them. Newcastle that is.

Donny - I live there and still go and watch them now and again

Borrusia Monchengladbach - I used to watch them when I was in the Army in Germany

Stenhousemuir - When I was a kid I thought they were called Stenhousemanure, always looked out for them ever since

Hearts - Again, went to watch them when I was posted to Edinburgh

Always liked Spurs too. Think it was Klinsmann's hat-trick at the Sty.

You've set the bar now!

Everton - That comeback from 2-0 down in the 1966 Cup Final

Brighton - beat them in a semi in the 80s

Arsenal - beat them in an FA Cup Final replay. ("Andy, Andy, Andy Linighan")

DirtyLeeds - Put 6 past them at the sty in the 90s

Barcodes - Put 8 (teleprinter: 'EIGHT') past them in 99/00

Palace - Relegated them at the sty

Ull - beat them at Wemberlee in a play off final. Any other result would have been frightening and we'd never have heard the end of it.

Udders - Beat them in the play off semi despite being a 'little club' as per the deluded massive.

My enemy's enemy and all that.

Cambridge United - Managed them to Premiership title success on Champ Manager 97/98. Plus I like their colours.

Bristol Rovers - Very complimentary about us last season plus one of their fans ran after me to hand back a £20 note that I'd dropped near their ground. It restored my faith in humanity for at least 8 seconds.

Bradford City - Always been a decent bunch of fans in my experience, I like their colours too. Only other club in Yorkshire that I wouldn't happily watch die tomorrow.

Charlton Athletic - For not being a bunch of twats despite being a London club. Decent, down to earth supporters who deserve better than the shit they've had.

Celtic - My 2nd team.

Borussia Dortmund - Favourite European club, fantastic ground.

Hannover 96 - My Grandads family were from there so I maintain an interest.

Lechia Gdansk - Got pissed with their hooligan firm on a stag do last year. I spent all night thinking it was a trap, but we needn't have worried. Saw them play the day after, 4-0 win.
Plus they have Sheffield United memorabilia in their trophy room.

AEK Athens - Because Greece is the greatest country on earth and AEK were the club I picked as my favourite when I was about 10.

Donny and Rotherham are like the little brother's, always have a look how their doing when I'm checking the scores.

Rotherham can fook off though now they're in with us haha

Liverpool play good football in a proper ground with good fans so out of the PL I'd pick them, it was Arsenal in the 90s when they had some proper players.

I like how miserable Citeh make Man U though so honourable mention to them.

And my Dad's family are Geordie's so they're not on the shit list. Would love to see United at St James.

And Chengdu Blades (RIP) haha

FC Köln but I don't really keep up with the Bundesliga or Bundesliga 2 now since they went down.

Last edited:
Orient ,no other reason that Ive loved going there and they are a proper club unlike most of the other shitheads in London.

It was the nearest ground to me before the Cheats moved in. Totally agree with all of that Sitters, still one of my favourite visits (along with Charlton) in London.

I have a soft spot for Exeter, for no other reason than my Dad's connection with them. Always look out for Plymouth as well as my uncle was under their employ for several years.

Nothing springs to mind...

Stoke City - Me grampa's club and my dad's club before he switched allegiances.

Swansea City* - Family ties. Our lot are from Pontardawe (20 minute drive from Swansea).

Newcastle United - Always liked the black & white stripes and I loved watching Shearer on MotD as a kid. Soft spot for geordies in general. Cracking city.

Liverpool - Best mate from Uni supports them and they've given us some cracking European games over the years. Another cracking city and I've never had an issue with scousers.

Coventry City - Nah I'm kidding. Fuck 'em.

Borussia Dortmund - Love the black & yellow. Something about that stadium just makes you want to be there n'all. Need to get mesen over.

Boca Juniors - Again, it's the ground. Looks incredible.

Fenerbahce - From our former links.

Last edited:
Chesterfield - used to live there and would go to their home games if we were away when I was younger. A mate also supports them.

Lincoln City - few lads I play football with support them and good to see them back in the league.

Crewe Alexandra - when I was a kid they used to finish bottom of the league regularly (before automatic relegation) and I liked their name. Also helped when we whupped them 4-0 in the old 4th division.

Spurs - first FA Cup final I remember watching was in 1981 - Ricky Villa and all that.

Liverpool - not so much now but loved Kenny Dalglish as a kid.

i like Liverpool good team play great football & always passionate fans. also Bournemouth as i like eddie howe as a manager

Ebbslfeet - "We are the team that youll never defeat" they were terrible, but have become a half decent non league outfit
Blyth Spartans - Cool Name
Sporting Khalsa - Great story if you can be bothered to read about them. Non league team trying to get young Asian lads and ladies into the game at grassroots.
Fort William (Scots) - Highland league worst team and lose by about 4 goals a game. got to love tryers

Mine changes from time to time, used to like Man United under Ferguson, they were box office to watch. Have liked Aston Villa when they had a young vibrant attacking team. Tottenham over the last few seasons have been great to watch. Burnley though - love Dyche and the attitude he and his players have, they're my new best friends.

Met a Scottish couple while on holiday mid 80s, in salou. He was an Ayr Utd supporter, so always look out for their results.
My ex’s family were all Newcastle fans, still have a soft spot them. Newcastle that is.
Sounds like it's a good job you don't speak to many people on holiday...

Yep. I'm bored.

Which teams (if any) other the mighty Blades do you have a soft spot for and why?

I'll kick us off.

Spurs - Was a huge Gazza fan growing up and always like how they play

Everton - Uncle is from just outside Liverpool and I used to go to quite a few matches with him - proper club

Bradford - One of my first away matches (was about 8 years old) and always remember being sat in a beer garden chatting to their fans, who were dead friendly and playing on the climbing frame/swings with their kids

Portsmouth - Same as Everton story really. Local relative and all that

Chesterfield - Where I live now so always like to see them do well

Borussia Dortmund - Met a guy on holiday in Turkey a few years back who was part of the technical staff there - Lovely bloke who had some amazing stories to tell and even posted out a home shirt to my lad when he got back - Will be going there next season to take in a game or two

Sampdoria - Bought one of their shirts when I was young on holiday and kept an eye out for them ever since

EDIT: Apologies should be "other teams" not "other english teams"
I think I would avoid ‘like’ in my categories.

They’d be:
Teams you ‘Don’t mind’
Teams you ‘Can’t f’kin stand/hate with a passion’
The Blades

I can’t think of any team I cannot shoehorn into one of those categories!

Enfield Town - Heirs to Enfield, who I used to watch when I couldn't get to Sheffield.

Back
Top Bottom