Player Suggestion options for RWB cover

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dublinblade

Reaction score
Ok so I think its universally agreed we need cover/competition for Baldock at RWB.

I think the majority would like to see the Matty Cash deal to happen but with NFFC holding firm and Fulham now sniffing about this at least to me seems to be getting more and more unlikely by the day.

If it doesnt happen personally Id like to see us go for Connor Roberts as a Plan B hes a good age, every time Ive seen him ive been impressed and I think wed be able to get him for a fair bit less than Cash. Oli Im sure could help make the deal more likely with a few phone calls too.

The other possible plan B/C would maybe be Maitland Niles. Seems Arsenal need to get in money / reduce wages and he would be somebody they would be willing to part with. I dont think we could afford him right now but a possible loan fee plus x % of his wages paid with a fixed sale fee option available to us at the end of the season might work for both clubs ?

Not sure any of us really know exactly where were at from a momey standpoint.

As a plan D perhaps Nathaniel Clyne as a backup to Baldock ?

Hes been on the slide a bit the last few seasons and Im sure he was on a huge chunk of change at Liverpool, but end of the day were nearly in September and hes still available on a free so perhaps hes wage demands are far more realistic now hes seen what his market is like.

Unfortunately he would be a backup option and not a challenger option where as Cash and Roberts would IMO push Baldock for the starting job more, but even given his play the last 2 years he would be an upgrade on K Freeman and unless Slater is the guy (and I don't think he is yet) we are going to need to get somebody in and at 29 and with premier league experience we could do much much worse for backup ?

So my targets would be in order of preference

1. Cash
2. Roberts
3. Maitland Niles
4. Clyne

Interested in hearing other suggestions on who might make a RWB short list for you all.

I don't think we're after cover, myself. I think this might be a spot Wilder is looking for an upgrade in. Candidates would have to be much better in terms of attack play, than Baldock.

I like the Maitland Niles suggestion, great age, premier league quality and played at wingback, looking for £20 mill i believe, Wolves have had £15 turned down today so looks out of reach but would be a great pick imo

I'd prefer Roberts to cash as I've said since we were linked with both
Clyne would be a good shout on a free seen as we appear to be brassic
Maitland niles no chance we are at the bottom of the food chain and clubs much much higher up will do what premier league clubs do and snap him up

Maitland niles no chance we are at the bottom of the food chain and clubs much much higher up will do what premier league clubs do and snap him up
It's safer to sign Keiran up again, if it is £15m for Cash then he can still cover

Ive not actually seen us linked to Roberts anywhere dont suppose you have a link ? For me thats positive hes certainly a good player and id be chuffed if we got him in.

Maitland Niles is unlikely as I said we cant afford him but if nobody meets his valuation maybe theres a loan / option to buy deal we could get over the line. Unlikely but you never know.

Yeah, I don't think Maitland-Niles is realistic right now sadly. Would be great if and when Lunny goes though as he would cover/challenge for both positions.

I thought Maitland Niles was going to Wolves for £20m...

Well, the first two might sign for us....

I'd prefer Roberts tbh. He'd be significantly cheaper as well.

With the end product of a whippet or something similar to what comes out of the rear end of a whippet, just saying

I enjoyed the quote I saw on here via a Celtic fan - "... like a horse with a beach ball"

Ok so I think its universally agreed we need cover/competition for Baldock at RWB.

I think the majority would like to see the Matty Cash deal to happen but with NFFC holding firm and Fulham now sniffing about this at least to me seems to be getting more and more unlikely by the day.

If it doesnt happen personally Id like to see us go for Connor Roberts as a Plan B hes a good age, every time Ive seen him ive been impressed and I think wed be able to get him for a fair bit less than Cash. Oli Im sure could help make the deal more likely with a few phone calls too.

The other possible plan B/C would maybe be Maitland Niles. Seems Arsenal need to get in money / reduce wages and he would be somebody they would be willing to part with. I dont think we could afford him right now but a possible loan fee plus x % of his wages paid with a fixed sale fee option available to us at the end of the season might work for both clubs ?

Not sure any of us really know exactly where were at from a momey standpoint.

As a plan D perhaps Nathaniel Clyne as a backup to Baldock ?

Hes been on the slide a bit the last few seasons and Im sure he was on a huge chunk of change at Liverpool, but end of the day were nearly in September and hes still available on a free so perhaps hes wage demands are far more realistic now hes seen what his market is like.

Unfortunately he would be a backup option and not a challenger option where as Cash and Roberts would IMO push Baldock for the starting job more, but even given his play the last 2 years he would be an upgrade on K Freeman and unless Slater is the guy (and I don't think he is yet) we are going to need to get somebody in and at 29 and with premier league experience we could do much much worse for backup ?

So my targets would be in order of preference

1. Cash
2. Roberts
3. Maitland Niles
4. Clyne

Interested in hearing other suggestions on who might make a RWB short list for you all.
The lad at Derby looked decent to me. Jayden Bogle

Clyne, at 29, still seems a decent option in my view if he’s recovered from his injury. In fact even if he’s 80% of what he was that would still make him a good option to compete there. If he’s nowhere near recovered then this is obviously off the table. He’d also know both Ramsdale and Mousset presumably from his loan at Bournemouth.

Clyne, at 29, still seems a decent option in my view if he’s recovered from his injury. In fact even if he’s 80% of what he was that would still make him a good option to compete there. If he’s nowhere near recovered then this is obviously off the table. He’d also know both Ramsdale and Mousset presumably from his loan at Bournemouth.

We know Wilder likes a project too...

Mind you, I do think Cash has been specifically targeted as he can cover two roles. Like Osborn basically.

Back
Top Bottom