Opposition Opinion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can`t see Leeds being top six with that defence, from what I`ve seen so far this season. The midfielders element of defensive responsibility is also very poor.

Cjay you got it in the end! Well done, now read Deadbat's report on the game, that is unbiased.

Defensive errors all round then
No...I don't know if this might be a little beyond you but when Sharp for instance gets away from his marker it is because he intended to do it, not because the defender let him. It was a battle of 2 wills and like it or not Sharp came out on top, it's not a defensive error any more than Sharp's was an error when he couldn't get the ball past Lonergan on the freekick. It was defensive errors that the rest of your players weren't paying attention (same free kick). If you need any more help don't hesitate in asking if you can go back to school for some remedial training.

Can`t see Leeds being top six with that defence, from what I`ve seen so far this season. The midfielders element of defensive responsibility is also very poor.
Yes!!!!!!!!!!

that midfield comment has been debated to death by Leeds fans, i dont think O'Kane and Phillips do enough defensively, (not that that matters to you) but im glad to see someone, a rival agree :D:D:D:D

And yes, the defence isnt top 6, its poor.

That Saiz lad of yours would be far better if he wasn't continually diving, going down at the slightest touch and looking for the ref waving an imaginary card. I could actually warm to Leeds slightly but then you see a player cheating and being a cunt and you are reminded of the Revie team of cheats and thugs, little wonder most of English football still hate your club.

Cjay you got it in the end! Well done, now read Deadbat's report on the game, that is unbiased.

No...I don't know if this might be a little beyond you but when Sharp for instance gets away from his marker it is because he intended to do it, not because the defender let him. It was a battle of 2 wills and like it or not Sharp came out on top, it's not a defensive error any more than Sharp's was an error when he couldn't get the ball past Lonergan on the freekick. It was defensive errors that the rest of your players weren't paying attention (same free kick). If you need any more help don't hesitate in asking if you can go back to school for some remedial training.
Sharp intended to get away, the defender didnt track the runner, like a defender is meant to do, therefore good intelligent striker play, but poor defensive play, dont know why this is difficult for you to understand :p
Anyways, not arguing, we arent going to agree and that is fine, :tumbleweed:

With the greatest of respect, i dont think you can use that as an answer.
34 goals in 83 Bundesliga games is impressive.

Yes, he was poor yesterday, but to say he isnt "class", at this level he is.

Of course you wouldn’t think I could. On the other hand, I do - & that’s what this is all about.
If he was ‘class’ at this level, he’d have been better than that last night, in my opinion. He’d have at least tried. Or maybe he was marked out of the game?
Honestly can’t remember him doing anything positive or dangerous. Sky commentators were calling him out all night for poor play.
His past record in Germany counts for little & gets him no credit here, friend. Lat night, he showed no class & no form either.

With the greatest of respect, i dont think you can use that as an answer.
34 goals in 83 Bundesliga games is impressive.

Yes, he was poor yesterday, but to say he isnt "class", at this level he is.
We had a player called 'Higdon' who was similar in the Dutch 'Eredivisia' (?).
He was just as bad as Lasogga.
To be fair (and parochial) I think that defensively anyway, English football is underrated!

Of course you wouldn’t think I could. On the other hand, I do - & that’s what this is all about.
If he was ‘class’ at this level, he’d have been better than that last night, in my opinion. He’d have at least tried. Or maybe he was marked out of the game?
Honestly can’t remember him doing anything positive or dangerous. Sky commentators were calling him out all night for poor play.
His past record in Germany counts for little & gets him no credit here, friend. Lat night, he showed no class & no form either.
Form is temporary, class is permanent as they say, off form against you, partially down to him just playing badly, partially because he was marked well.
He was poor, he had a bad game, i don't disagree on that. cant judge a players class on one game though in fairness.

That Lasogga looks about a stone too heavy! Spent too much time in Salvos.
He doesnt look fit, he is actually a very similar build to Chris Wood when he arrived.

Why did Lasogga start?
Probably the worst excuse of a ‘footballer’ I’ve seen, no interest in his team, playing for a bigger move (good luck with that pal!)imagine that thing playing for us under Wilder, nah me neither. No idea what he cost what he’s on but give me freebie Leon any day

Probably the worst excuse of a ‘footballer’ I’ve seen, no interest in his team, playing for a bigger move (good luck with that pal!)imagine that thing playing for us under Wilder, nah me neither. No idea what he cost what he’s on but give me freebie Leon any day
How can he get bigger then THE MIGHTY WHITES:cool::p
In all honesty he does want to play in the Bundesliga next season, most Leeds fans know that, but while his daughter was being born he was scoring vs Ipswich. That was a pretty awesome show of commitment to his loan club.

Meant to say.
Congratulations on being top.
No sarcasm.
Any team that comes up from a lower league and ends up top deserves credit.
Obviously dont want you to stay there, but credit where credits due.:)

How come the toughest guy in Leeds who wears A magic hat also has to wear tragic gloves on a balmy 15 degrees evening, woofter .

I thought the difference between the two teams was that when we had the ball we looked incisive and threatening, L**D's looked pedestrian and unimaginative. Yes their defence wasn't that flash, but we're made to look worse by our good play. Lassoga was very poor, but Pennington was woeful at the back. He looked like me playing for em.

Lasogga obviously isn't as bad as that showing last night. Leeds have had a good start and he's chipped in. The Sky commentary was very critical of him though and not without reason. Any striker can be forgiven for a bad game on the ball but when you've got the build he has there's no excuses for not getting stuck in, especially in a fixture like Leeds vs Blades.

Only natural you'd focus on what your team got wrong more than what we did well. I already know what we get right, I don't know what Leeds are like week-to-week.

That opening goal was par for the course for us in some ways. We make a habit of finding Sharp in space in the box. Still, you had seven players level with the throw in, and if there's one instruction the defenders must have been given before the game it's to make sure Billy doesn't get left unmarked like that, and yet it happened twice; once for the goal, and once from a quick free kick. Billy's obviously really good at it but that's the kind of thing that must drive managers to early graves. Similarly for the second goal, Brooks has come on and picks the ball up mid-way in your half, he then lays it off and gets to run all the way into the box without being picked up.

Two great moves from us but if we'd conceded them I'd definitely be looking at what the defence got wrong.

Lasogga obviously isn't as bad as that showing last night. Leeds have had a good start and he's chipped in. The Sky commentary was very critical of him though and not without reason. Any striker can be forgiven for a bad game on the ball but when you've got the build he has there's no excuses for not getting stuck in, especially in a fixture like Leeds vs Blades.

Only natural you'd focus on what your team got wrong more than what we did well. I already know what we get right, I don't know what Leeds are like week-to-week.

That opening goal was par for the course for us in some ways. We make a habit of finding Sharp in space in the box. Still, you had seven players level with the throw in, and if there's one instruction the defenders must have been given before the game it's to make sure Billy doesn't get left unmarked like that, and yet it happened twice; once for the goal, and once from a quick free kick. Billy's obviously really good at it but that's the kind of thing that must drive managers to early graves. Similarly for the second goal, Brooks has come on and picks the ball up mid-way in your half, he then lays it off and gets to run all the way into the box without being picked up.

Two great moves from us but if we'd conceded them I'd definitely be looking at what the defence got wrong.

Lasogga was like a poor man's Emile Heskey.

Back
Top Bottom